Now what for ron zook?

AUHansel

I know they haven't performed like they did before he was head coach, but was he really that bad? I mean, they were one of the best programs, and I know losing to Ole Miss doesn't cut it, but it's not like they really gave him a chance. And do you think that anyone will take him now? or will he be cast aside and forgotten.

They might have tolerated a loss to Ole Miss but certainly not a loss to Mississippi State. They may have been the worst team in division 1 going into that game. MSU lost to.......drumroll.........................................MAINE!!!!!! Zook may not have been all that bad but after Spurrier they wont tolerate anything less than competing for the national title every year.

I think it was a combination of the MSU loss coming on the heels of the frat party incident. It didn't make any difference what actually happened. What was reported gave the impression of a HC who had no control over his team or himself. Bad publicity for UF either way. The MSU loss just solidified the belief that Zook wasn't giving all his attention to football. If he was, then it was clear he was in over his head.

Remember also that Zook had replaced his OC after a sub-par offensive ouput from last year, and his DC, Charley Strong, turned out to be a huge disappointment. If you're a member of the UF administration, I don't see how you could reach any other conclusion -- Zook had to go.

Archived