What is Borges doing?

rolltoomer

I hope he's not complicating things too much. I may be in the minority, but I subscribe to having young men learn a limited amount of some good stuff and get reps and execution down.

There is always a way to build on a play (a la the flea flicker we ran off a reverse) but to bring in a bunch of new plays right before a giant of a game can be counter-productive.

On the other hand, if he's got some good stuff that they've been working on all season and feel good about--just haven't brought it out--that's fine too. (He doesn't call me for advice.)

It will be fun to see what develops offensively.

One thing this auburn team is NOT is vanilla.

The put the entire playbook in during spring and summer practices.

Im sure they even worked on them during season practices.

Having been a player myself, I know the plays are there and the players familiar with them, it's just a matter of which ones go in the gameplan for the week of the game.

Besides, if anyone remembers the Tiny Tot days of student body right and student body left, AU has come a LOOOONG way from there in terms of offensive playcalling. Moreover, we have plenty more athletes this time than in years past.

I think the gameplan will not be very conservative. However, to gain confidence, I wouldn't be surprised to see a new play rear its beautiful head as long as it is executed to perfection.

I think that we'll do whatever we need to do to win this game. In previous games this year we have not even had to run our whole offense to win by a good margain, and other times we have had to go to the fancy stuff early. I don't think that Borges will have any new stuff before this game, only what's necessary to beat UGay

Borges will do as he did with :lsu: He will mix enough stuff in and up to slow the rush. He slowed :lsu: down by mixing the motion and formations up. I bet he at least 10-15 plays scripted. I will also bet that we see some a run dominated gameplan to keep the ball away from Greene.

With :ua: , I bet we see some no huddle. We want :ua: to see as many plays from our O as possible to help tire them out asap.

I am DKW 86, and I endorse this message.

I don't look for any new trick plays or anything outrageous. I do expect them to go back to the multiple formations and mixing up the play calls like they did against LSU and UT. It seems they've stayed vanilla in games they felt comfortable with in winning and broke out the playbook for the big ones. Ole Miss looked like La. Monroe in the play calling. He's not going to hold anything back. Why would he?

At this point in the season, we do not need a bunch of "fancy" plays. We need to do what we do best and that should be enough. EVER to Conquer...WAR EAGLE ! !

:au:

Borges didn't just fall off a turnip truck. He's been around and I've yet to have many complaints with his game plan. He'll have them about 25 or 30 plays, then will probably throw in a trick play or two. For the most part, he will stay with the same game plan we used against UT and the piggies. Lots of movement, multiple sets, plenty of play action, screens, etc. Just the same good stuff we've grown accustomed to.

Archived