2015 4* OLB Jeff Holland commits to AU!

ellitor

I see your point, E. I still think we end up with a handful of top 100 players we are fighting for til the end, and I expect we'll have a big class, if we get them.. I'm referring to a top notch WR, OL, DT and maybe a DB, not necessarily all on our current radar in a major way.

Sounds good to me! We have to have some mystery on NSD.

True. I don't think the prospects I'm referring to will be mysterious though. When the dust settles from Big Cat and we're about a month into the season, we may be down to 6 spots in the class.

If we don't add any more this month, we'll be able to sign 29 next year, assuming 4 early enrolee guys.

What if one or two don't qualify? Does that increase the number for next year?

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What if one or two don't qualify? Does that increase the number for next year?

No.Per the new rules signees count against a team's yearly limit even if they don't qualify per the new rules as of about 3 years ago.

My guess is McBryde falls into the bammer slug of LB's and I hope Holland comes to the good guys!

War Eagle!!

McBryde has AU in the lead FWIW.

FWIW it's 9 days old but saw this gem

@holland_jeffery May 4

Im going to college far away from home i cant take it no more

I guess that for sure means he will not be going to University of North Florida or Valdosta State, or SCAD in Savannah. Ha!

@holland_jeffery May 4

I guess that for sure means he will not be going to University of North Florida or Valdosta State, or SCAD in Savannah. Ha!

But the SCAD football team really needs a good LB! :-\

(My son graduates from SCAD in 2 weeks.)

@holland_jeffery May 4

Sounds like he was getting some heat from the locals about saying AU leads. Sweet.

Sounds like a good sign for us!

And FWIW Jeff is paying very close attention to the Gators this year. If they implode again Gator fans can cue up the Hawk Harrelson "HE GONE" audio.

@holland_jeffery May 4

Sounds like he was getting some heat from the locals about saying AU leads. Sweet.

And FWIW Jeff is paying very close attention to the Gators this year. If they implode again Gator fans can cue up the Hawk Harrelson "HE GONE" audio.

Yep. Kinda like the recruitment of TT. But I think AU is just out recruiting UF for Holland right now.

@holland_jeffery May 4

Yep. Kinda like the recruitment of TT. But I think AU is just out recruiting UF for Holland right now.

With the work ethic that we have seen from Malzahn (either directly or through the results on the field), this is not surprising, but it definitely puts a smile on my face. I have always been a proponent of the "give 110% effort, 110% of the time" mentality of outworking your opponent, no matter the situation.

On Holland: I know that I was wary of the celebrations on his film early on, but I have grown to love the intensity and drive this guy has. For the first time ever, I have been wrong. I'm not sure how accepting the fan base will be of another J. Holland playing LB (I don't think that a lot of people realize how much Jake did for the defense this year in getting everyone lined up, but that's just me), but this kid definitely has the skills to be a solid SEC LB.

@holland_jeffery May 4

With the work ethic that we have seen from Malzahn (either directly or through the results on the field), this is not surprising, but it definitely puts a smile on my face. I have always been a proponent of the "give 110% effort, 110% of the time" mentality of outworking your opponent, no matter the situation.

On Holland: I know that I was wary of the celebrations on his film early on, but I have grown to love the intensity and drive this guy has. For the first time ever, I have been wrong. I'm not sure how accepting the fan base will be of another J. Holland playing LB (I don't think that a lot of people realize how much Jake did for the defense this year in getting everyone lined up, but that's just me), but this kid definitely has the skills to be a solid SEC LB.

If there is a fan base that can't accept the apparent differences between the two hollands, then they must think prune juice and pineapple juice are the same.... just because they both start with a "p" and end with juice.

AUE2016, while not on the subject of Holland, I will share a tid bit I was told about coach Malzahn and his work ethic.

While speaking with a gentleman who was an offensive ga on Tubberville's offensive staff during the Borges era, I asked him about Gus. This young man is from Arkansas and was 6A qb of the year the same year that Rhett was a senior and 2A qb of the year. He said coach Malzahn is as nice and genuine in person as he appears to be in the media. He also said that Gus will NOT be out worked. He said Gus is constantly working on and thinking about football. He said when he was on Tubberville's staff they'd have off months of staff family vacations and duck hunts and grill offs. He said none of that will happen during Gus' time at AUburn because he'll be to busy working on football. I thought it was very interesting insight he had about Gus. Encouraging as well.

AUE2016, while not on the subject of Holland, I will share a tid bit I was told about coach Malzahn and his work ethic.

While speaking with a gentleman who was an offensive ga on Tubberville's offensive staff during the Borges era, I asked him about Gus. This young man is from Arkansas and was 6A qb of the year the same year that Rhett was a senior and 2A qb of the year. He said coach Malzahn is as nice and genuine in person as he appears to be in the media. He also said that Gus will NOT be out worked. He said Gus is constantly working on and thinking about football. He said when he was on Tubberville's staff they'd have off months of staff family vacations and duck hunts and grill offs. He said none of that will happen during Gus' time at AUburn because he'll be to busy working on football. I thought it was very interesting insight he had about Gus. Encouraging as well.

You know, I really don't like that 24/7/365 stuff. "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy" is more than a myth. People in high stress jobs that require long days week after week need their breaks. I know the staff must keep functioning but I hope they rotate so that each and every one of them gets several weeks off to do whatever they want every year. Nervous breakdowns and burnouts are what happens when people in stressful, demanding jobs don't take enough personal time.

You know, I really don't like that 24/7/365 stuff. "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy" is more than a myth. People in high stress jobs that require long days week after week need their breaks. I know the staff must keep functioning but I hope they rotate so that each and every one of them gets several weeks off to do whatever they want every year. Nervous breakdowns and burnouts are what happens when people in stressful, demanding jobs don't take enough personal time.

Sorry Mikey but your line, I'll quote here: "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy" is premium content so it shouldn't have not been posted. Plus, since it was posted in this thread, this thread should be locked immediately!

I'm a Rivals Paying member and I read that quote ("All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy") on my pay site so this is/was a big no, no, and should never have been posted here and it should never happen again!!

Sorry Mikey but your line, I'll quote here: "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy" is premium content so it shouldn't have not been posted. Plus, since it was posted in this thread, this thread should be locked immediately!

I'm a Rivals Paying member and I read that quote ("All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy") on my pay site so this is/was a big no, no, and should never have been posted here and it should never happen again!!

Well, y'all could cancel my Rivals account but,,,,oops! I don't have a Rivals account. Why not take up a collection, open a Rivals account in my name and then cancel it? Oh, the feeling of POWER that would come from such a move..... ;)

Well, y'all could cancel my Rivals account but,,,,oops! I don't have a Rivals account. Why not take up a collection, open a Rivals account in my name and then cancel it? Oh, the feeling of POWER that would come from such a move..... ;)/>

All kidding aside, I agree with Mikey on this. At least when it comes to myself, I have to break from work some or I burnout.

Are you saying that a popular proverb that was put into writing before you or I were born, then further popularized in multiple books and a huge hit movie, is premium content?

Are you saying that a popular proverb that was put into writing before you or I were born, then further popularized in multiple books and a huge hit movie, is premium content?

He was obviously being sarcastic... C'mon man.

Archived