2015 4* OLB Jeff Holland commits to AU!

ellitor

Haven't heard his name in a minute. Is he still planning on committing at the end of the summer?

Never was. His plan was always after his OVs. McBryde was the LB who was going to at the nd of Summer but he now says after his senior season.

Per our 2015 Recruiting Board thread, he is/was expected to commit in early July or Fall.

http://www.aufamily....d-updated-7314/

With all due respect to WEAU that is inaccurate. One of his very few inaccuracies.

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't heard his name in a minute. Is he still planning on committing at the end of the summer?

Never was. His plan was always after his OVs. McBryde was the LB who was going to at the nd of Summer but he now says after his senior season.

Per our 2015 Recruiting Board thread, he is/was expected to commit in early July or Fall.

With all due respect to WEAU that is inaccurate. One of his very few inaccuracies.

I was away on vacation for 2 weeks in Orlando. He'll announce after his senior season.

I was away on vacation for 2 weeks in Orlando. He'll announce after his senior season.

Holland is one to watch. He really could pull the trigger anytime. IMO.

That's why my thread is not 100% accurate.

Nobody's recruiting statements are 100% accurate. You, however, have enough sense to admit it.

Any updates on Holland? Not hearing a thing about him.

We really need to pick up more top notch D recruits. LB and DLine is where our priority needs are at this point.

Nobody's recruiting statements are 100% accurate. You, however, have enough sense to admit it.

:homer:

We really need to pick up more top notch D recruits. LB and DLine is where our priority needs are at this point.

I'm told the D recruiting is going "great".

Honest question, asked with all respect and no sarcasm- and in anticipation of somebody else asking with less of the former and more of the latter: have you ever been told that a particular area of recruiting is going poorly?

Honest question, asked with all respect and no sarcasm- and in anticipation of somebody else asking with less of the former and more of the latter: have you ever been told that a particular area of recruiting is going poorly?

Going back several decades, I once asked Coach Jordan how recruiting was going and he said: "It's gonna' take a lot of doin' in a little time or we won't get what we need."

That hardly answers the question in today's culture but back then the truth was more fashionable and there was no internet on which private comments could become headline news in 30 minutes or less.

Now maybe WDE can give you a meaningful answer in today's context. :)

Not WDE, but I'm pretty sure Mikey told everyone LB recruiting was going poorly.

I bet you anticipated a sarcastic answer, too, McLoofus.

;)

Not WDE, but I'm pretty sure Mikey told everyone LB recruiting was going poorly.

;)

Linebackers? We don't need no linebackers. Just ask all the experts here. They say we've got 9 linebackers on the team, signing one LB a year is plenty! With the normal 50% slippage rate with LB's, one a year leaves around two on the team and that fills two positions. What do we need with more linebackers?

Going back several decades, I once asked Coach Jordan how recruiting was going and he said: "It's gonna' take a lot of doin' in a little time or we won't get what we need."

That hardly answers the question in today's culture but back then the truth was more fashionable and there was no internet on which private comments could become headline news in 30 minutes or less.

Now maybe WDE can give you a meaningful answer in today's context. :)

A very cool anecdote and a thoughtful observation on how things have changed, nonetheless. And it does seem that WDE has the confidence of somebody on staff who would know, so it's quite possible that he's been spoken to with the same kind of candor that Coach Jordan spoke to you with.

;)

I'd have it no other way! Well played :thumbsup:

(Btw, tying it together, I'll pause to consider that Mikey was once personally given recruiting information from Coach Jordan the next time I'm tempted to challenge his thoughts on linebackers :) )

(Btw, tying it together, I'll pause to consider that Mikey was once personally given recruiting information from Coach Jordan the next time I'm tempted to challenge his thoughts on linebackers :) )

Here's how it was. After I graduated (agriculture) I managed a research farm for Auburn University. One of our fields was right across the street from Coach Jordan's house and he walked his little dog on a leash through "my" field every day. We got on speaking terms and I think he liked talking football with an average Auburn fan instead of some media type or important booster. He'd also ask a lot of questions about your background, home town, family and so forth. He was very pleasant to spend a few minutes with three or four times a week.

Different times, different way of doing things. He invited me to watch pre season practices. Standing right there on the sidelines watching Sullivan, Beasley, Tommy Yearout, Rick Neal, Ken Bernich and so forth didn't seem strange at the time. Today you'd be taken away by armed guards.

Here's how it was. After I graduated (agriculture) I managed a research farm for Auburn University. One of our fields was right across the street from Coach Jordan's house and he walked his little dog on a leash through "my" field every day. We got on speaking terms and I think he liked talking football with an average Auburn fan instead of some media type or important booster. He'd also ask a lot of questions about your background, home town, family and so forth. He was very pleasant to spend a few minutes with three or four times a week.

Different times, different way of doing things. He invited me to watch pre season practices. Standing right there on the sidelines watching Sullivan, Beasley, Tommy Yearout, Rick Neal, Ken Bernich and so forth didn't seem strange at the time. Today you'd be taken away by armed guards.

Cool story Mikey. Thanks for the post.

Cool indeed.

Cool indeed.

No doubt! Yes, thank you for sharing.

Visited UF on a UOV Wednesday with DT target Kendrick Nortonbut it's unlikely they stay for Friday Night Lights there

;)

Linebackers? We don't need no linebackers. Just ask all the experts here. They say we've got 9 linebackers on the team, signing one LB a year is plenty! With the normal 50% slippage rate with LB's, one a year leaves around two on the team and that fills two positions. What do we need with more linebackers?

Oh if we could rewrite a scene in a classic movie........ Have Mikey looking up from behind the log and saying.... "Where are your linebackers?" And the forum responders would say..... "Linebackers? We ain't got no linebackers! We don't need no linebackers. I don't have have to show you any stinking linebackers!"

;)

Oh if we could rewrite a scene in a classic movie........ Have Mikey looking up from behind the log and saying.... "Where are your linebackers?" And the forum responders would say..... "Linebackers? We ain't got no linebackers! We don't need no linebackers. I don't have have to show you any stinking linebackers!"

hahahah

Visited UF on a UOV Wednesday with DT target Kendrick Nortonbut it's unlikely they stay for Friday Night Lights there

That's kind of odd timing to take an UV and not stay for their most notable recruiting event. Any reason they're not staying?

I think based on where we are in recruitting this year that Holland and a few DL prospects should be our keys for a great class. We need Holland....and boy it would be nice if his teammate Norton would join the fun at AU as well.

(Btw, tying it together, I'll pause to consider that Mikey was once personally given recruiting information from Coach Jordan the next time I'm tempted to challenge his thoughts on linebackers :)/> )

My wife used to work for Tommy Yearout. Also I have recently become friends with Dennis Hinds who was the kicker in 69. He has a lot of great stories about Coach Jordan and his teammates. He was sprinting partners with Terry B. Dennis is a very interesting carachter.

;)

That's what I was aiming for....Now, we return to your regularly scheduled programing.

To repeat a question asked above, visiting Gainesville this week and not staying for their Friday Night Lights affair strikes me as being borderline bizarre. There has to be some sort of story there.

I'll go glass half full for the good guys ...

He went to just "have fun with recruiting", but isn't serious about UF cuz he loves auburn.

UF coaches abliged him but don't want him around the Undecided recruits so he was asked not to stay.

I see this as proof positive he is coming to auburn with norton! ;)

I'll go glass half full for the good guys ...

He went to just "have fun with recruiting", but isn't serious about UF cuz he loves auburn.

UF coaches abliged him but don't want him around the Undecided recruits so he was asked not to stay.

I see this as proof positive he is coming to auburn with norton! ;)/>

Very very nice.

He is my final top 2 wants.

Archived