"..you ain't seen nothing yet."

quietfan

Does this mean CAB still hasn't pulled everything out of his little black bag? I can hardly wait !

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/birmingha...59875148931.xml

AUBURN - Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville says he's still amazed by the game plans of new offensive coordinator Al Borges, and, he added, you ain't seen nothing yet.

"Wait until this weekend," Tuberville teased Thursday night. "It's going to be fun to watch."

Auburn meets Alabama at 2:30 p.m. Saturday in Bryant-Denny Stadium with a chance at its third-ever unbeaten regular season. The Tigers are 10-0 and, Tuberville admitted, have been thinking about Alabama for a long time.

"We work on the game year around," Tuberville said. "It is not a game we take lightly and not something we don't go into without a little something up our sleeve."

The Tigers worked with wet footballs Thursday because there's a 50 percent chance of rain Saturday. Tuberville said footballs were dipped in five-gallon buckets of water before they were dispatched to centers, running backs, quarterbacks and punters.

Before that, the football staff met on how to handle the rain. They decided to take two sets of uniforms and shoes. Still, Tuberville said the rain probably wouldn't change things.

"It won't affect the game plan," he predicted. "But you have to look at the type of rain. If we get there and it's a toad strangler and you see the ball floating around on the field, obviously you're not going to be able to do a whole lot."

Tuberville said the rain wouldn't benefit one team over the other.

"Both teams have to play with a wet football; both teams have to play on the same field," he said.

The Tigers finished up their Alabama preparation in Jordan-Hare Stadium, the third straight practice Auburn worked in the stadium. It was the only three practices in Jordan-Hare this season.

Hmm...practicing in Jordan-Hare would make it easier to keep new stuff hidden from prying eyes, too. :rolleyes:

[Of course, I hope we don't stray too far from what has worked all year just for the sake of showing off fancy whiz-bang stuff. I don't mind a few surprizes--in fact I really love 'em--but hopefully, most of CTT's "Riverboat Gambler" days have faded now that he has built up the talent to be competitive with anyone head-to-head.]

he might be blowing smoke just to make the bammerboobs practice for stuff that they THINK AU might run....i don't know how borges could have much left in his bag of tricks, he has ran so much this season.....for the last few years you could look at the formations and guess what play was going to be ran and be right about 50% of the time.....this year, i just gave up trying to figure out what the play would be because borges disguised everything so well.....he has been amazing so far,but he ain't ever been in a game like this one.....on the other hand, that may be an advantage because he might not feel the pressure like the coaches that are familiar with the scene....we'll see

One of the most telling quotes from either team was from CTT. "I know one thing, as a defensive coach, I would hate to have to defense against this team!"

They have added new plays every week, each team they have played has seen something new. Not just to show off, but so they will not be predictive.

I may be wrong, but Coach Borges was the OC at UCLA when they beat Bama two years in a row wasn't he?

WAR EAGLE ! BEAT BAMA !

:au::au::au:

might I say I LOVE CAB MAN HE IS AWESOME!!!!!!

I really don't think CTT is a gamberler nor is CAB but I think he knows how to put the right plays in at the right time. Like that flee flicker.

I went to Al.com and listened to Shula's preview for the game. Shula said we had a good offense that has a tendency to show new stuff early, then he said I'm sure they got alot more, they jus't don't have to use it, he laughed when he said it. It wasn't a mean laugh or yeah right type laugh or something.

did he have a year off in between cal and indiana? i know he was the coach at ucla in 99 (the first win over bama), but i can't seem to find whether his one year at cal was in 2000 or 2001. his first year at indiana was in 02.

I read somewhere that, in the early summer, when UCLA was preparing to play Bama, Borges flew down to Alabama and went to AUBURN and talked to the AU coaches about how to BEAT BAMA.

On ESPN's Gameday last Saturday they mentioned in the spot on OCAB and JC that OCAB adds 10 new plays EACH WEEK!!!

And I think OCAB won't feel the tightness that we all feel as fans having grown up in this culture. He's a California guy who's looking at preparing for another team on the schedule...and that's a good thing. We should be somewhat loose in the play calling.

Eh...weather.com is now showing an 80% chance of rain.  This may be an ugly game.

123783[/snapback]

that is at night, the game will be over by then.

by the hour, the game will be about 30-40% at kickoff and should increase to 60% after the half.

perfect enough for AU to gain all of our points in the first half and then put the backups in in the second half.

Coach Dooley also said last week: "This is the most balanced Auburn team I've ever seen, I don't know how you could stop them." WDE!

How 'bout a little dose of The Bone that Bammer used to run. It would be mighty sweet to score with it on the hallowed ground of Jordan-Hare East. :lol:

How 'bout a little dose of The Bone that Bammer used to run.  It would be mighty sweet to score with it on the hallowed ground of Jordan-Hare East. :lol:

123896[/snapback]

That would be JH WEST. but, since we own BOTH, who cares? :big:

I had a vision today, and here it is.

Courtney Taylor on the reverse ... pulls up to pass ... looks left to see a wide open Jason Campbell, who catches the pass and streaks untouched into the endzone for a beautiful TD reception. War Damn Eagle!

If this happens, I will faint, but you read it here first. Let's see how my ESP is working.

I had a vision today, and here it is.

Courtney Taylor on the reverse ... pulls up to pass ... looks left to see a wide open Jason Campbell, who catches the pass and streaks untouched into the endzone for a beautiful TD reception. War Damn Eagle!

If this happens, I will faint, but you read it here first. Let's see how my ESP is working.

123942[/snapback]

I swear, and I'm not kidding you, that I thought about the throw back to the qb earlier in the week!!! Great AU minds think alike!!! :au::big:

They should try Ronnie at QB and run the option with Caddy.........just dreaming.

WAR EAGLE :au::au:

Does this mean CAB still hasn't pulled everything out of his little black bag?  I can hardly wait !

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/birmingha...59875148931.xml

AUBURN - Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville says he's still amazed by the game plans of new offensive coordinator Al Borges, and, he added, you ain't seen nothing yet.

"Wait until this weekend," Tuberville teased Thursday night. "It's going to be fun to watch."

Auburn meets Alabama at 2:30 p.m. Saturday in Bryant-Denny Stadium with a chance at its third-ever unbeaten regular season. The Tigers are 10-0 and, Tuberville admitted, have been thinking about Alabama for a long time.

"We work on the game year around," Tuberville said. "It is not a game we take lightly and not something we don't go into without a little something up our sleeve."

The Tigers worked with wet footballs Thursday because there's a 50 percent chance of rain Saturday. Tuberville said footballs were dipped in five-gallon buckets of water before they were dispatched to centers, running backs, quarterbacks and punters.

Before that, the football staff met on how to handle the rain. They decided to take two sets of uniforms and shoes. Still, Tuberville said the rain probably wouldn't change things.

"It won't affect the game plan," he predicted. "But you have to look at the type of rain. If we get there and it's a toad strangler and you see the ball floating around on the field, obviously you're not going to be able to do a whole lot."

Tuberville said the rain wouldn't benefit one team over the other.

"Both teams have to play with a wet football; both teams have to play on the same field," he said.

The Tigers finished up their Alabama preparation in Jordan-Hare Stadium, the third straight practice Auburn worked in the stadium. It was the only three practices in Jordan-Hare this season.

Hmm...practicing in Jordan-Hare would make it easier to keep new stuff hidden from prying eyes, too. :rolleyes:

[Of course, I hope we don't stray too far from what has worked all year just for the sake of showing off fancy whiz-bang stuff. I don't mind a few surprizes--in fact I really love 'em--but hopefully, most of CTT's "Riverboat Gambler" days have faded now that he has built up the talent to be competitive with anyone head-to-head.]

123769[/snapback]

When we gonna see it?

Archived