Tuberville needs to find...

rexbo

You never saw Spurrier sit on a lead in a big game;Nor Osborne at NU; Stoops hasn't; USC hasn't. That's why they will play in the BCS game.

You are sorely mistaken. It has far more to do with where Auburn was ranked in the preseason than anything else.

And BTW, just because AU may not go to the OB, doesn't mean they're excluded from the NC......look at last season

125253[/snapback]

There is no way Auburn will be ranked #1 in the AP poll going into the Bowl games.

Wasn't that where USC was last year? If get ranked #1 in the AP prior to the Bowl then it means USC has lost and we will be #1 in all three polls.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody's down on the team, we are just upset that we had it in our hand and with over one quarter of play left, we shut it down. When you have on the line what we did, you can't afford to shut it down.

125247[/snapback]

Nice post. And exactly on point.

:au:

Has anyone wondered what might have happened if we continued to toss the ball around and got another tipped and intercepted?

Seems like bama might have got the momentum back late in the 3rd, early in the 4th instead of with 1:00 left.

Of course I'm sure all the genius wannbe coaches have already considered that. :no:

Has anyone wondered what might have happened if we continued to toss the ball around and got another tipped and intercepted?

Seems like bama might have got the momentum back late in the 3rd, early in the 4th instead of with 1:00 left.

Of course I'm sure all the genius wannbe coaches have already considered that. :no:

125511[/snapback]

Don't confuse anyone with facts and logical thought. :blink:

Saw a interesting remark by Tuberville in one of yesterdays articles. He made the comment that if he went 10-1 and lost that game that he would be fired. Have to wonder how the administrations attitude in regards to Tuberville played in this. Keep it safe, preserve the win, beat Alabama and let the chips fall. Get gutsy, see if you can control something you can't (polls/cpu), and maybe get fired?

Even if Dye does score a TD on Michigan in 83 we don't win the NC. The media played that Miami/Nebraska game to be the game of the century when it was done. It was the greatest game ever played! a 21 point victory over Michigan wouldn't have gotten us the NC.

Sure Osborne ran the score up a ton, cause that is back when all he had to do was play Oklahoma (Big 8 was terrible) and he was in the Orange undefeated. Couple those 90's team though were trough as heck, one of them probably could beat OU, AU, USC's team this year. OU was the big game and he didn't blow them except on rare occasion.

Stoops runs up the score, but not on the SEC. Lost to Ole Miss, Bama had the ball with a chance to tie at the end of the game in Norman, they beat Bama 20-13 in T-Town last year, and they lost to LSU last year. Thats all their SEC opponents they have faced.

Spurrier, well Steve did do it. Though he never did it against his arch-rival on their field, he couldn't even pull a 1 point win against FSU.

Carroll has some run ups in some big games(ASU, ND, UCLA), he also struggles with 9 win teams on the road also losing a majority of those match-ups.

Anyway, I do wonder what and if the administration had anything to do with Tubervilles 4th quarter choices.

I think the key to it all is the final Bama touchdown.I think it was a prevent defense gimee' and it made Spencer actually look good.Auburn didn't want to give up the big pass play(which is our weakness) and have it take only about 15 second to do.I think everybody new when it was 21-6 that AU would win and (AU)went with the more sure thing,than play agressive and making AU look better.

As Al Davis say's "JUST WIN BABY"

Let the Bama's have their moral win,and small town victory bowl.Let us, the real winner's move on to bigger things shall we. :cheers:

11-0 and nowhere to go.....not this year!!!!!!!

125511[/snapback]

125578[/snapback]

UAT had momentum the ENTIRE first half (30 minutes), and could only muster 2 field goals. This offense was pathetic, especially without Darby. What makes you think that Bama could have score 2 TDs in 15 minutes, hold AU (couldn't stop them in the 2nd half), when they could not cross the goal line the previous 45 minutes??? :blink::blink::blink: <-----Playing not to lose. Good thing Al didn't have that brilliant gameplan to not throw the ball to open up the seconds half. :blink: Bad things DID happen, to Bama. :rolleyes:

WDE

125511[/snapback]

125578[/snapback]

UAT had momentum the ENTIRE first half (30 minutes), and could only muster 2 field goals. This offense was pathetic, especially without Darby. What makes you think that Bama could have score 2 TDs in 15 minutes, hold AU (couldn't stop them in the 2nd half), when they could not cross the goal line the previous 45 minutes??? :blink::blink::blink: <-----Playing not to lose. Good thing Al didn't have that brilliant gameplan to not throw the ball to open up the seconds half. :blink: Bad things DID happen, to Bama. :rolleyes:

WDE

126339[/snapback]

Since I have a few minutes I will respond.

UAT had momentum the ENTIRE first half (30 minutes), and could only muster 2 field goals.

Correct, they gave AUBURN their best shot and ONLY netted six points.

This offense was pathetic, especially without Darby.

Correct again.

What makes you think that Bama could have score 2 TDs in 15 minutes, hold AU (couldn't stop them in the 2nd half), when they could not cross the goal line the previous 45 minutes???

Where in my post did I say anything even remotely resembling that?

<-----Playing not to lose. Good thing Al didn't have that brilliant gameplan to not throw the ball to open up the seconds half.

Don't confuse the game plan used late in the 2nd qtr., the 3rd qtr. and half of the 4th quarter. In the 2nd and 3rd they were playing to score points and to keep the ball away from Bama. From the middle of the 4th quarter on, they were trying to run the clock out.

If they had been passing late in the 4th quarter and there was an interception run back for a TD, you and many others would be screaming for CTT to be fired. As it is now, AUBURN went 11 - 0 this year, won the west division and is headed to the SECC, ranked #2 or 3 in the nation, BEAT BAMA for the THIRD STRAIGHT YEAR, and FOUR OUT OF THE LAST FIVE, and you are second guessing him in a game that AUBURN WON!

Am I correct in assuming that the next game you coach will be the first? :D

125511[/snapback]

125578[/snapback]

WDE

126339[/snapback]

Since I have a few minutes I will respond.

UAT had momentum the ENTIRE first half (30 minutes), and could only muster 2 field goals.

Correct, they gave AUBURN their best shot and ONLY netted six points.

This offense was pathetic, especially without Darby.

Correct again.

What makes you think that Bama could have score 2 TDs in 15 minutes, hold AU (couldn't stop them in the 2nd half), when they could not cross the goal line the previous 45 minutes???

Where in my post did I say anything even remotely resembling that?

<-----Playing not to lose. Good thing Al didn't have that brilliant gameplan to not throw the ball to open up the seconds half.

Don't confuse the game plan used late in the 2nd qtr., the 3rd qtr. and half of the 4th quarter. In the 2nd and 3rd they were playing to score points and to keep the ball away from Bama. From the middle of the 4th quarter on, they were trying to run the clock out.

If they had been passing late in the 4th quarter and there was an interception run back for a TD, you and many others would be screaming for CTT to be fired. As it is now, AUBURN went 11 - 0 this year, won the west division and is headed to the SECC, ranked #2 or 3 in the nation, BEAT BAMA for the THIRD STRAIGHT YEAR, and FOUR OUT OF THE LAST FIVE, and you are second guessing him in a game that AUBURN WON!

Am I correct in assuming that the next game you coach will be the first? :D

126343[/snapback]

And when was your first D1 coaching gig??? Even IF there had been an int returned for a touchdown (a very unlikely scenario) that would have make it a 21-13. Hardly a game winning/losing proposition. Unless believe that the BAMA has the ability to return a single INT for the equilalent of 2 TDs, instead of the typical 7 pts. :blink:

Retry your facts/logic hypothesis.

I have been watching this thread, and have seen good points for and against what happened. We all saw what happened. I love AU as much as any one on this forum. And I support this team as much as anyone. And I'm as happy about our 11-0 season as anyone. But I have to agree with Raven. Pennington looked like he changed his last name to Manning on their last drive. And I feel we or CTT shut it down too early. All of you will come back and say 'what if we had been intercepted?'. Well, what if we had been intercepted on that last drive in the first half. Or the first drive in the second half. Or the next drive or the next drive. If we were not scared of an interception on those 4 drives, why all of a sudden were we after those drives. And the way the D was playing, the only way, IMO, that Bama scores is if they are lucky enough to run the interception back for a TD. And if they did, we could have easily scored again. (Which I feel like we should have anyways). Just my opinion. Everyone has one and now I've stated mine.

Begin firing when ready!!!!!

I think that EVERYONE is happy on being 11-0. But after the Iron Bowl, many of us, including myself, believed that we had lost our chance at claiming #2 in the Coaches poll (we already had #2 in the AP) but not burying a 6-4 Bama team. That concern was justified as soon as the AP, Coaches and BCS polls were released the following days. Without a #2 ranking in both the AP and Coaches polls we will not overtake SC or OU, unless they lose. That was the genisis of the concern for not rolling Bama. The game is over, and know we have to hope that SC loses to ND or UCLA. If we beat UT, we might not even get to go to the Sugar Bowl as hoped... :angry:

WDE

My last comment on this thread, I have to comment on the pass or no pass comments. We did pass on that last drive, during the first series, from behind our own 20 yard line!! We then got it out near the 50, it was around 3 minutes to go, and that's when we went 3 runs, and gained nothing. I started this thread because I felt that at this point in the game, Tuberville could have thrown one downfield, and hopefully in the end zone. The threat of an interception was minimal, and a score there would have most certainly finished this game at 28-6. We would have been #2 for sure in the AP, and our hopes for the Orange Bowl twice as great as now.

I have no overall complaints about Tuberville, he has done a fantastic job; just one minor point I wanted to make with this topic after the game, that a little different attitude in this game, with our situation could have been a huge payoff for the fans and players...

And when was your first D1 coaching gig???

I never said I was a coach. But you are the one attempting to defend your illogical ranting about what should have been done. The FACTis AUBURN won 21 - 13 and you are whining over the score.

Even IF there had been an int returned for a touchdown (a very unlikely scenario) that would have make it a 21-13. Hardly a game winning/losing proposition.

How many interceptions did AUBURN return for touchdowns against LSU several years ago? Are you old enough to remember that? Retry your facts/logic hypothesis.

Unless believe that the BAMA has the ability to return a single INT for the equilalent of 2 TDs, instead of the typical 7 pts. 

Retry your facts/logic hypothesis.

It would appear that my logic is sound, since CTT & the AU staff did exactly as I have posted. You are the one whining and crying over something you not only didn't have any control over, but can not change. Retry your facts/logic hypothesis.

As for thinking that IF AU had beat BAMA by a hypothetical score of 28 - 7 or even 28 - 13, that it would have pushed them up to #2 ahead of Oklahoma, there is no way of knowing. Not only is Oklahoma's SOS better than Auburn's, but many of the voters have proven that they have no intention of moving AU ahead. I hate that, but there isn't anything I can do about it. IF Auburn beats Tennessee like a red headed step child and Oklahoma has a close game in the BIG12 championship, there is still no solid proof that AU would move ahead of OK.

I would also say that BAMA being ahead at the half 6-0 had more to do with AU loosing ground in the polls than the final score.

It would appear that my logic is sound, since CTT & the AU staff did exactly as I have posted. 

126371[/snapback]

Cool. Our coaches are incapable of making bad decision(s). What was I thinking??? Or is that correct decision because TigerMike said it was so. .. :rolleyes:

:blink::blink:

It would appear that my logic is sound, since CTT & the AU staff did exactly as I have posted. 

126371[/snapback]

Cool. Our coaches are incapable of making bad decision(s). What was I thinking??? Or is that correct decision because TigerMike said it was so. .. :rolleyes:

:blink::blink:

126374[/snapback]

Wow, you do understand. :big:

My final statement on this thread, also. It looks like we all agree to disagree. Tuberville actually admitted that he may have gotten too conservative. And even though the D wasn't in a 'prevent' defense, they were able to score too easily. My one and only complaint about this year is the way we have easily gotten ahead of most teams, and then in the 4th quarter allowed teams to score. It happened against MSU (14 points), Kentucky (only running TD against us this year), UGA (TD with less than 2 minutes in game), and UA (they looked like best passing team in nation).

CTT's favorite line this year is they looked good, but could get better. And that final 3 or 4 minutes they did not look good. We'll never know if those 6 points were the reason we lost points in the polls. But I do know that Bama is a better team than Baylor. OU struggled in the first half against Baylor, then blew them away in the second half. AU struggled against UA in the first half, then could have but didn't blow them away in the second half. The result was a solid 2nd place for OU, and a solid 3rd place for AU. Something gave the voters a reason to vote that way. I firmly believe that last TD by Bama was the reason. When the polls are as close as they were, any little difference in team play is all the voters want and need to justify their vote. Could that have been the reason. Again, we'll never know. But IMO, we left the door open, and OU walked thru it and slammed it in our face.

Archived