2015 5* DT Trent Thompson (Georgia signee)

EagleDamnWar

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UGA fans are hoping he commits this weekend, I don't see it.

To be fair, I'm hoping he commits to us this weekend too. Just as I am every weekend!

UGA fans are hoping he commits this weekend, I don't see it.

To be fair, I'm hoping he commits to us this weekend too. Just as I am every weekend!

:P

His coach seems to be trying his hardest to steer him away from Georgia, or so UGA fans claim. Apparently he refused to drive Thompson to UGA so he wont be making the trip as was planned. They think he's actively keeping him away from UGA while encouraging trips to other schools (hence all the trips to Auburn despite him being a huge UGA fan)...they aren't very happy.

His coach seems to be trying his hardest to steer him away from Georgia, or so UGA fans claim. Apparently he refused to drive Thompson to UGA so he wont be making the trip as was planned. They think he's actively keeping him away from UGA while encouraging trips to other schools (hence all the trips to Auburn despite him being a huge UGA fan)...they aren't very happy.

Isn't that some type of NCAA violation?

Is what a violation? A coach being involved? As long as the coach isn't deemed to be a booster and/or isn't receiving benefits (or dishing them out), there isn't any rule against them "guiding" a recruit in their decision.

I dont know whether Thompson's coach has some sort of vendetta against UGA or not, but UGA fans are pretty convinced that he does. They still see Thompson as a 99% lock regardless.

Is what a violation? A coach being involved? As long as the coach isn't deemed to be a booster and/or isn't receiving benefits (or dishing them out), there isn't any rule against them "guiding" a recruit in their decision.

I dont know whether Thompson's coach has some sort of vendetta against UGA or not, but UGA fans are pretty convinced that he does. They still see Thompson as a 99% lock regardless.

I got it mixed up with the rule you were referring too! My apologies.

At what point are these kids going to realize that UGA never lives up to their talent? They always recruit extremely well and lay a couple stinkers every year.

At what point are these kids going to realize that UGA never lives up to their talent? They always recruit extremely well and lay a couple stinkers every year.

Clempsun of the SEC!

Jake Rowe@JakeRoweRivals 14m

The nation's top player, Trenton Thompson, says he will visit #Auburn this weekend with his mother. @Allie_Davison @JHokanson

Thorton is awesome. I would love to get him. He apparently will be hard to pry away from UGA but, if anyone can make it happen, I like our chances with Coach Garner and Coach Malzahn.

If Thompson looks at what we did last year, playing lots of freshman in our D Line playing rotation, you would think he would be excited to get PT in year 1. School is still out on UGA's new D coordinator. Hopefully their D continuies to under impress.

She is, and the leghumpers are not liking all the AU visits. He is my #1 get this year, along with Roquan Smith.

Never heard UGA being called leghumpers... But I like it!

Guest jojo1515

She is, and the leghumpers are not liking all the AU visits. He is my #1 get this year, along with Roquan Smith.

Wow, thats an old one too...but a good one

Reminds me of the thread a few weeks ago where nobody had heard the term "mullet" when referring to the bammer "A". Get with the program guys...

uga is the leader for TT but that lead is not as big as they think it is. AU has a very legit shot at landing TT. This visit is huge with his mother visiting also.

UGA and AU are a lot closer than people think in this race. TT loves Coach Garner and AU. Like WDE said getting his mother on the visit with him to AU was huge.

Reminds me of the thread a few weeks ago where nobody had heard the term "mullet" when referring to the bammer "A". Get with the program guys...

never heard of that one either. not knowing the mullet reference is inexcusable though

UGA and AU are a lot closer than people think in this race. TT loves Coach Garner and AU. Like WDE said getting his mother on the visit with him to AU was huge.

Thanks 23.

Thanks 23.

:thumbsup:

Any news on how the visit went?

Also the visit was apparently outstanding from what I gather.

Archived