2015 5* DT Trent Thompson (Georgia signee)

EagleDamnWar

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are correct ellitor TT and mother were blown away. by visit.

23, and E, This is really good to hear. Thanks

Just gotta hope for one of the big three DT's, and this one may seem like our best shot at this early stage.

I'm hoping for 3/3.

Just gotta hope for one of the big three DT's, and this one may seem like our best shot at this early stage.

I'm hoping for 3/3.

That would be so funny and awesome.... But no way it happens.

I'm hoping for 3/3.

That would be so funny and awesome.... But no way it happens.

That's the thing about hope -- always possible to hope for the best!

;)

TT, DP, and who's the third? Kid commited to A&M?

Yep, Mack is the 3rd. Haven't heard anything about him lately though. He seems to have cooled off a lot since his original comments of "absolutely being able to see himself at AU"

EDIT: For those interested, his twitter is all A&M as of late https://twitter.com/DaylonMack

TT, DP, and who's the third? Kid commited to A&M?

Yep, Mack is the 3rd. Haven't heard anything about him lately though. He seems to have cooled off a lot since his original comments of "absolutely being able to see himself at AU"

I think he's our only long shot this cycle. Completely see DP and TT both coming to Auburn.

It's basically big 2 now. Mack "says" he is done with visits, solid to TAMU and shut recruiting down.

Juantavius Johnson will wind up in our class IYAM. I think it will shake out well for us on NSD. These DT battles will not be decided until we see how UGA and our seasons play out. We will get one of the 5* guys. Maybe we get two if Gabe, Whit and Blackson show out.

He's all but publicly committed to Georgia...

As hard as we are recruiting him, this is disappointing to hear. So, we could easily go 0 for 3 on our top DT recruits. 1 to Ga, 1 to BAMA, and 1 to A&M.

Kind of a bummer.

I realize they are the prizes for this cycle, so far. Johnson is better than some seem to think. TT is silent to UGA, but let them stink this year nad see what he does. Payne is still out there and I can assure you there are going to be a bunch of guys emerge soon. DT is a position that most kids don't show out until later on in their HS careers. We go through this every year.

Juantavius Johnson will wind up in our class IYAM. I think it will shake out well for us on NSD. These DT battles will not be decided until we see how UGA and our seasons play out. We will get one of the 5* guys. Maybe we get two if Gabe, Whit and Blackson show out.

If Juantavius does sign with us I would expect him to Red Shirt. I say this because at 6'3" and 339 pounds he is carrying to much weight. If we played a 3-4 D where he was just supposed to anchor the middle he might play as a freshman. In our 4-3 we expect more mobility out of our DT's. He has the potential to surprise some people once he is in college football shape but it may take a year.

He's all but publicly committed to Georgia...

As hard as we are recruiting him, this is disappointing to hear. So, we could easily go 0 for 3 on our top DT recruits. 1 to Ga, 1 to BAMA, and 1 to A&M.

Kind of a bummer.

And if signing day were today, I think we'd go 0/3. It's an extremely long season though. A whole lot can happen between now and February/December.

• 4 weeks later...

Cool. I like that we are in the picture, but we need to have a good showing on the Dline this season. not impossible but I have to assume it would be an upset if we pull him from the Dawgs. Just not sure how big.

Cool. I like that we are in the picture, but we need to have a good showing on the Dline this season. not impossible but I have to assume it would be an upset if we pull him from the Dawgs. Just not sure how big.

I believe it is uga who needs a good showing on the DL this season. I know this isn't popular with some people in this thread but RG, EJ & GM have us in pretty good position with TT.

I believe it is uga who needs a good showing on the DL this season. I know this isn't popular with some people in this thread but RG, EJ & GM have us in pretty good position with TT.

The primary argument is that TT has been seen actively recruiting for UGA.

Archived