2015 5* DT Trent Thompson (Georgia signee)

EagleDamnWar

He's all UGA. AU will be just there to help add suspense.

What makes you think this? Is there anything other than what you may have read on UGA sites? I hope you are off on this one.

As you know, my alma mater played against TT. We happen to be in the same region as Westover and one of my friends is real close to Westover's HC. I hope I'm off on this one too, but TT is a UGA lock unless something drastic happens at UGA. It'd take Richt leaving for him not to sign with them.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What makes you think this? Is there anything other than what you may have read on UGA sites? I hope you are off on this one.

As you know, my alma mater played against TT. We happen to be in the same region as Westover and one of my friends is real close to Westover's HC. I hope I'm off on this one too, but TT is a UGA lock unless something drastic happens at UGA. It'd take Richt leaving for him not to sign with them.

Is your friend an UGA fan?

Is your friend an UGA fan?

No. Tennessee fan ironically.

In no way did I mean to diminish the impact of BCW on AU recruiting. I am talking about TT specifically when I say it won't affect his decision. IF he comes, it would be great. But he has been to both schools enough that neither BCW nor Dawg Night are going to sway him one way or the other. He can commit anywhere he wants, anytime he wants. No matter if we had 25 DT's committed this year, we would still make room for Trent. This goes for ANY team in the nation. Let it play out before you write anyone off. And read the article on Garner and Lambert I posted in the Football Forum. It's a FLUID situation. ;D

In no way did I mean to diminish the impact of BCW on AU recruiting. I am talking about TT specifically when I say it won't affect his decision. IF he comes, it would be great. But he has been to both schools enough that neither BCW nor Dawg Night are going to sway him one way or the other. He can commit anywhere he wants, anytime he wants. No matter if we had 25 DT's committed this year, we would still make room for Trent. This goes for ANY team in the nation. Let it play out before you write anyone off. And read the article on Garner and Lambert I posted in the Football Forum. It's a FLUID situation. ;D/>

Dixie, I understand what you are saying, but if you are a big time recruit and you do not attend the biggest recruiting weekend of one of your top choices, it does not send off warm fuzzies. If the school was one of your top choices, you would very likely find a way to be there.

Want me to go tell them its time to go home? Lol. I kid

AJC hard copy article today on 10 recruits. Talks about TT first. Said UGA leads,and he should, sign with them. It was loaded with old info and did not mention at all that TT was at AU this weekend. The writer, I think Carvel, obviously did not know. The writer basically did whatever he could to make it sound like UGA led or had a good shot with all 10 recruits. It talked about Godwin as well and said UGA led for him and he would end up there.

AJC hard copy article today on 10 recruits. Talks about TT first. Said UGA leads,and he should, sign with them. It was loaded with old info and did not mention at all that TT was at AU this weekend. The writer, I think Carvel, obviously did not know. The writer basically did whatever he could to make it sound like UGA led or had a good shot with all 10 recruits. It talked about Godwin as well and said UGA led for him and he would end up there.

typical carvel....

I heard Little Nicky got down on his knees and begged them not to sign with Auburn.

Well, not really, but due to his short stature, it just appeared that way.

I heard Little Nicky got down on his knees and begged them not to sign with Auburn.

Well, not really, but due to his short stature, it just appeared that way.

:clap:

As of today, my gut feeling is that TT is an UGa silent commit. I think he is doing exactly what he said he wanted to do and that is to not officially commit right now so his team mates can benefit. He has said that they can get more exposure when coaches visit his school or he takes a visit and they go with him. But, what could happen that might mess up his plan is the influence of Rodney Garner. RG has a way of becoming more and more important to these recruits so TT might start to sway before he even realizes it.

I think he is doing exactly what he said he wanted to do and that is to not officially commit right now so his team mates can benefit. He has said that they can get more exposure when coaches visit his school or he takes a visit and they go with him. But, what could happen that might mess up his plan is the influence of Rodney Garner. RG has a way of becoming more and more important to these recruits so TT might start to sway before he even realizes it.

;) Moms have a way of seeing situations without O&B/R&B lenses. I think that winds up deciding this one. He is very genuine in wanting to help his teammates, and that is ANOTHER smart thing his Coach is telling him.

Updated % from my friend's talks with his coach. Coach says that he's 95% sure TT is going to UGA. If TT does go anywhere else it will be AU but doesn't expect that to happen at all.

I think he is doing exactly what he said he wanted to do and that is to not officially commit right now so his team mates can benefit. He has said that they can get more exposure when coaches visit his school or he takes a visit and they go with him. But, what could happen that might mess up his plan is the influence of Rodney Garner. RG has a way of becoming more and more important to these recruits so TT might start to sway before he even realizes it.

;) Moms have a way of seeing situations without O&B/R&B lenses. I think that winds up deciding this one. He is very genuine in wanting to help his teammates, and that is ANOTHER smart thing his Coach is telling him.

This is the main thing making me think he legitimately might play at Auburn...but it's not the only one.

Updated % from my friend's talks with his coach. Coach says that he's 95% sure TT is going to UGA. If TT does go anywhere else it will be AU but doesn't expect that to happen at all.

A coach saying that may or may not mean anything, especially when he's giving the edge to State U. Often, they are trying to push a player toward a school (the movie Johnny Be Good had Paul Gleason playing such a coach), and thus give skewed information regarding said player.

;)/> Moms have a way of seeing situations without O&B/R&B lenses. I think that winds up deciding this one. He is very genuine in wanting to help his teammates, and that is ANOTHER smart thing his Coach is telling him.

This is the main thing making me think he legitimately might play at Auburn...but it's not the only one.

A coach saying that may or may not mean anything, especially when he's giving the edge to State U. Often, they are trying to push a player toward a school (the movie Johnny Be Good had Paul Gleason playing such a coach), and thus give skewed information regarding said player.

His coach actually isn't trying to push him towards either school. It's TT's decision. Not the coach's.

Supposedly, he visited Auburn again today for the second time in less than a week. Not so sure he is a silent to UGA.

His coach actually isn't trying to push him towards either school. It's TT's decision. Not the coach's.

Of course it's TT's decision. That doesn't mean the coach isn't trying to push him one way or another, though, now does it? I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just pointing out that unless you know the coach personally and are willing to vouch for him, it's hard to say that he definitely isn't trying to influence anything.

Supposedly, he visited Auburn again today for the second time in less than a week. Not so sure he is a silent to UGA.

Do you have anything to back this up. If true, it is really good news!

Archived