2015 5* DT Trent Thompson (Georgia signee)

EagleDamnWar

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool. I like that we are in the picture, but we need to have a good showing on the Dline this season. not impossible but I have to assume it would be an upset if we pull him from the Dawgs. Just not sure how big.

I believe it is uga who needs a good showing on the DL this season. I know this isn't popular with some people in this thread but RG, EJ & GM have us in pretty good position with TT.

?? Why would it not be popular for RG, EJ, and GM to have us in good position with Thompson??

Cool. I like that we are in the picture, but we need to have a good showing on the Dline this season. not impossible but I have to assume it would be an upset if we pull him from the Dawgs. Just not sure how big.

I believe it is uga who needs a good showing on the DL this season. I know this isn't popular with some people in this thread but RG, EJ & GM have us in pretty good position with TT.

?? Why would it not be popular for RG, EJ, and GM to have us in good position with Thompson??

He is saying the info he is getting is different than what are reporting on TT.

He is saying the info he is getting is different than what are reporting on TT.

Sure hope WDE you are right. He may be the best HS player in the country this year. Kid is a stud.

All I was saying is there are a couple of people here who don't think AU has a shot at TT. I'm being told we are in good position with TT & his family. uga will have their hands full till nsd.

Trent is a monster. If you have not seen his film, please check it out. Best DT is HS, IMO. Mack is second IMO.

All I was saying is there are a couple of people here who don't think AU has a shot at TT. I'm being told we are in good position with TT & his family. uga will have their hands full till nsd.

I by no means doubt we are in good shape. We are AU and have some of the best coaches in the biz. I just think with a good showing it will be us with our hands full until NSD.

As an outsider it seems that, all things equal, TT would be a dawg. Thank God they aren't our equal :) I just think if we prove it again this season, a guy like TT will come around and have our name first.

There was a recent article in the AJC about how Georgia is losing a lot of the top in-state players to out-of-state colleges, and Auburn was prominently mentioned. They also applied some heat to Richt for not being able hold serve in state. When an Ugaly rag like the AJC starts that stuff it gets easier and easier for top players like TT to make an out-of-state decision.

They have already lost out on Mitch Hyatt, Chuma Edoga, Bailey Sharp, Kaleb Kim, Dallas Warmack, and Taj Griffin. If they don't land all or most of Trent Thompson, Roquan Smith, Natrez Patrick, Austin Bryant, and D'Andre Walker then they may be calling for his head.

They have already lost out on Mitch Hyatt, Chuma Edoga, Bailey Sharp, Kaleb Kim, Dallas Warmack, and Taj Griffin. If they don't land all or most of Trent Thompson, Roquan Smith, Natrez Patrick, Austin Bryant, and D'Andre Walker then they may be calling for his head.

I don't know about that. The name of the game is winning. If Richt continues to do that in a relatively weak SEC East he will be ok.Losing top players in Georgia is nothing new for them. Teams like AU, Bama, FSU, Clemson, UT in some cases. and recently tOSU have been taking top players from that state for years. Here are the top rated 2015 players in Georgia per the composite. http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=GA

• 3 weeks later...

Free article on 247. I'd post it but it doesn't work on my phone that easily. Said it's tight at the top and said he is not going to rush the decision. Also said UGA feels like home.

Also said he does not think he is coming to big cat weekend. That would have helped us for sure.

Free article on 247. I'd post it but it doesn't work on my phone that easily. Said it's tight at the top and said he is not going to rush the decision. Also said UGA feels like home.

If UGA feels like home there's the first problem. The only thing helping us at this point since he's not going to BCW is the fact that his Mama loves CRG and his Mama is playing a huge part in his recruitment.

Also said he does not think he is coming to big cat weekend. That would have helped us for sure.

Going t be tuff if he does not come to BCW.

BCW will have next to nothing to do with where TT goes. It isn't set in stone that he won't be there either. He is a Bulldog fan, and that is fine. It isn't hard to tell who is reading the puppy boards though. Because that is the only place where you see anything on him recruiting for them, and/or being a silent commit to them. This is much closer than most think.

BCW will have next to nothing to do with where TT goes. It isn't set in stone that he won't be there either. He is a Bulldog fan, and that is fine. It isn't hard to tell who is reading the puppy boards though. Because that is the only place where you see anything on him recruiting for them, and/or being a silent commit to them. This is much closer than most think.

I hope you are right, it does seem like we haven"t heard very much about this guy.

^^^THIS^^^ TT is very high on us and is conflicted because of his allegiance growing up. His fam, in particular mom, is very pro AU.

I agree with Dixie that BCW will probably not affect his decision. TT will commit late after OVs, so they will be the most importnt factor in our control. BCW will long since have been forgotten.

I agree with Dixie that BCW will probably not affect his decision. TT will commit late after OVs, so they will be the most importnt factor in our control. BCW will long since have been forgotten.

These guys bond during BCW-- important relationships are formed . I'm not saying it's essential, but the participants hardly forget it, either.

These guys bond during BCW-- important relationships are formed . I'm not saying it's essential, but the participants hardly forget it, either.

I have to agree with you Texas. Recruits talk about BCW and what a great time they had, even if they end up signing elsewhere. For a recruit to not attend, they are missing out on Auburn's single best recruiting event. It will hurt us if TT does not attend. He still may sign with us, but it would help if he attended.

They bond all along the recruiting trail especially on OVs. I'm just saying when he announces in Feb. (Probably) he's going to be comparing the official visits, including bonding with coaches and potential teammates. Some kids get blown away at BCW and are probably ready to commit anyway. And they may very well do so after BCW, if they are takes. BCW certainly helps with these recruits.

He's all UGA. AU will be just there to help add suspense.

He's all UGA. AU will be just there to help add suspense.

What makes you think this? Is there anything other than what you may have read on UGA sites? I hope you are off on this one.

This is Earth Shattering Boom if he doesn't end up at UGA or kidnapped and does "bidnus" with bama. He calls them home. Like or not UGA isn't a chump. With that said, I haven't personally ruled him out of O&B.

Edit: Lets not forget a certain Line Coach that is boasting Nick Fairly! Its not like UGA cant make a case when it comes to the NFL.

Archived