College Transfer List is Out

ellitor

Ronnie Johnson read up on him. He has played for three years 2 at Purdue and 1 at Houston. A solid PG good shooter, very good on FT. Can put up points. Only issue I saw that is a negative is I would like to see a PG especially one who is only 6' tall have more assists, that said he may have been doing exactly what his coach wanted him to do. We should have players who can run and also who can hit the three a PG who can set those players up is what we need. I think he has the potential to help us if he decides to come to Auburn.

So no concern that this would be his 3rd transfer? After the attitude problems we had last year, it just makes me wonder.

Some concern about this being his third school but at Purdue there did not seem to be any issues other then he decided to leave and now he is graduating. At both schools he played a lot and was never disciplined that I could find (I repeat never disciplined that I could find).

Leaving Purdue has more to do with the coach then the player as this coach haas had an unusually large number of transfers.

http://www.hammerandrails.com/2014/3/18/5523224/purdue-basketball-and-the-growing-transfer-problem

Ronnie Johnson read up on him. He has played for three years 2 at Purdue and 1 at Houston. A solid PG good shooter, very good on FT. Can put up points. Only issue I saw that is a negative is I would like to see a PG especially one who is only 6' tall have more assists, that said he may have been doing exactly what his coach wanted him to do. We should have players who can run and also who can hit the three a PG who can set those players up is what we need. I think he has the potential to help us if he decides to come to Auburn.

So no concern that this would be his 3rd transfer? After the attitude problems we had last year, it just makes me wonder.

Some concern about this being his third school but at Purdue there did not seem to be any issues other then he decided to leave and now he is graduating. At both schools he played a lot and was never disciplined that I could find (I repeat never disciplined that I could find).

Leaving Purdue has more to do with the coach then the player as this coach haas had an unusually large number of transfers.

http://www.hammerand...ransfer-problem

Yea, I wasn't concerned about discipline problems. It was more of a "if it's not the way I like it then I quit" kind of thing that I was worried about. He could have legit reasons for both transfers. Sure seems like he might for Purdue, based on what you posted.

Not for me. We have had 0 issues so far w/ our GTs. Grad transfers seem to be very mature by the time they get their undergrad. Look at KC Ross. He had a very bad attitude @ New Mexico at times but he had a great attitude after he graduated & came here.

Also Houston may not have what he wants to Master in which opens the door for a transfer after all.

Any word on chances with any of the GT's as I understand we want at least 1 Big and 1 PG. Ronnie Johnson if he comes here might fit the PG we are looking for but I really haven't seen any conversations on here about any Big guys that seem to be interested. I realize recruiting GT's is different then HS players because they are usually maturer and pick schools for different reasons like what Masters program you have or one last chance to find a team to showcase their talent to get a shot at the next level. Being more mature you don't see all the social media chatter so it is harder to get information.

• 2 weeks later...

Jacob Varner from the Auburn hoops blog thinks we get Laron Smith to finish out this class.

As if this day could get any worse. I hope to God that the turds don't get this guy...

Ohio State transfer Daniel Giddens currently on visit to Alabama, source told ESPN.

Is anyone hearing anything about losing a current player and adding another transfer? Jeffrey Lee posted an article yesterday with this type of teaser in the title

Is anyone hearing anything about losing a current player and adding another transfer? Jeffrey Lee posted an article yesterday with this type of teaser in the title

I part click bait, 1 part is old news. The current player referenced is TSD whom we have known for a while now has decided to retire. That was factored in w/ the commits we took. The adding a player is Merrill Holden but he will be a tough pull because he is from Chicago & Illinois gets the last visit.

I part click bait, 1 part is old news. The current player referenced is TSD whom we have known for a while now has decided to retire. That was factored in w/ the commits we took. The adding a player is Merrill Holden but he will be a tough pull because he is from Chicago & Illinois gets the last visit.

Since we are now completely full for next year, who is he saying that we would lose in order to get Holden?

Since we are now completely full for next year, who is he saying that we would lose in order to get Holden?

He didn't but knew someone would have to go.

• 2 weeks later...

I really want Daniel Giddens. He would have to redshirt, but we would be loading up for 2017. Unfortunately he just released a list of schools that he was interested in and Auburn did not make the list.

Giddens just committed to Alabama which is the worst possible scenario. Crap!

Archived