Jesse Williams speech after receiving award.

cole256

@ichy - Blah blah blah... hyperbolic much ?

Jessie is the product of a stable home, where both parents are teachers, and he himself seems to have benefited from being educated ( I assume ) and finding a rewarding , potentially very lucrative career.

And yet, he's still fomenting all this anger and hatred ? Sorry, that's the most despicable thing out of all this. Instead of being a positive inspiration and figure for others to look up to , he spews hateful racism and idiocy.

( still no one wants to answer my questions. )

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I brought up the most bloody of all wars this country ever fought to remind folks what has already been paid and lost because of a sin this country was burdened with, and tried, since before its birth , to correct.

I brought it up show some context to the so called ' oppression ' this clown and entitled idiot is whining about.

Still no one has answered any of my questions, and explained EXACTLY what his beef is with , anything.

I'm not under any impression that the northerners died for the sole purpose of their black brethren's freedom.Even if that was the case, they paid the price for slavery, not for defacto segregation and de jure segregation. The northeners of 1865 didn't pay the price for the Jim Crow Laws, the KKK, or the civil rights movement a century later. They also didn't pay the price for subtle laws meant to help keep the white man's foot on the black man's neck such as stacking the minorities into one district in order to minimize their voice. Overt racism might be over but racism is not over.

Heck, there were probably more lynchings after the civil war than before it.

The blood shed in the civil war served to keep the country united. It also ended slavery and the Confederacy which was dedicated to it's preservation. But it certainly didn't end discrimination and outright persecution.

Raptor is ignorant of such realities and even if he were educated he would lie about it.

Refusing to recognize the plight of African Americans is stupid or, racist, or both.

I would guess both. The absolute dismissal of a message that recognizes progress and yet, the fact that the struggle is far from over, is ignorant. Not surprising that those who typically promote ignorance in this forum have chosen to lead the parade.

You two idiots are a disgrace to this forum, Auburn, and humanity.

LOL..the typical vacuous empty suit rides again. Why dont you take a shot at answering my very legitimate question? WTF does "gentrifying our genius" mean? I asked a simple question and, as usual, you launch another self righteous tirade that is totally irrelevant to my post.

If you have a critique for the resistance, for our resistance, then you better have an established record of critique of our oppression

If you have a critique for the resistance, for our resistance, then you better have an established record of critique of our oppression

Yeah, sorry. That makes zero sense.

Polly wanna cracker ?

I think he's saying that the Emancipation Proclamation didn't wipe out racism.

He's slow.

When it comes to speaking moron, I'm not up to speed. Racism? Neither the Emancipation Proclamation nor the Civil War was supposed to end "racism". And that's not what this is all about either.

Point is, this angry actor had no point. Gentrification of our genius? Invented whiteness? What the hell is that supposed to mean, does anyone know?

Gentrification of genius refers to whites taking the creations of blacks and rebranding/appropriating it as their own. Think of it as gentrification in the housing sense where poor neighborhoods are demolished and refurbished for the wealthy.

Elvis did this , or the record companies did, that's no secret. But good grief... This isn't the 11950's

No one is whining that Darius Rucker is stealing country from " us whites " . :laugh:

Get over it

No African Americans has offered more than just music, but yes music is one of the things....

Polly wanna cracker ?

Makes zero sense?? This statement doesn't make sense....lol I love it, keep showing those true colors

Polly wanna cracker ?

Makes zero sense?? This statement doesn't make sense....lol I love it, keep showing those true colors

True colors. I don't agree w/ some arbitrary statement that claims I must have an ' established record ' ( as judged by who, exactly ? ) of special acknowledgement of only a type of oppression before I can speak out and have my own views on anything else ?

This comes off as coercion , at best. Accept terms first, before you can even think of having your own opinion.

Sorry, that's rubbish.

No the fact that you don't ever have anything to say about the oppression speaks volumes. Never have ANYTHING to say, but as soon as there is one protest or anything like that you're on your stage. And of course you're going to run your trap the point is, you're noticed and documented what you are, when you talk it doesn't carry weight. We don't care. Literally nobody does except the four of you that that every time a person is killed you'll try to find a flaw, or the people that were killed and you can't find one you ignore and won't talk about.

But you see this mean something more to me than you. I'm the one that can be targeted. It can very easy be me or my mom, sister etc. To you it's merely something for you to get on the board and run your mouth about.

But yeah flame away. Try to discredit this man. Doesn't change anything and his speech touched many. Like I said it went viral. While you rant (which means absolutely nothing) others think. I mean he's biracial, he probably feel the way he does from experience.

I'm doing well, but I've had experiences that I hope my child doesn't have. To say well you've done this gotten that is stupid. I should go through life like these people I've met and went to school with. If I've been targeted just one time there's a problem.

" the oppression "?

Black president, sec state, doctors , lawyers, judges, mayors, congress members , athletes, educators , entertainers,

Sorry, but this isn't 1956. It's 2016. I didn't grow up with separate water fountains or lunch counters that only serve " some", and not all,

Save your hate for someone who gives a damn.

" the oppression "?

Black president, sec state, doctors , lawyers, judges, mayors, congress members , athletes, educators , entertainers,

Sorry, but his isn't 1956. It's 2016. I didn't grow up with separate water fountains or lunch counters that only serve " some", and not all,

So basically the white man is telling the black man how easy he has had it because he doesn't have segregated water fountains.

He's slow.

When it comes to speaking moron, I'm not up to speed. Racism? Neither the Emancipation Proclamation nor the Civil War was supposed to end "racism". And that's not what this is all about either.

Point is, this angry actor had no point. Gentrification of our genius? Invented whiteness? What the hell is that supposed to mean, does anyone know?

Gentrification of genius refers to whites taking the creations of blacks and rebranding/appropriating it as their own. Think of it as gentrification in the housing sense where poor neighborhoods are demolished and refurbished for the wealthy.

What a crock....Led Zeppelin was just sued by Spirit for the same thing and Spirit lost their case. Black paranoia is unfounded as artists influence each other's work all the time. Why didn't the guy making the statement allude to the $millions rappers have made appropriating Skeltonic verse as their own when it was being used in the 15th century in England. What this rant amounts to is a huge "look at me moment" that doesn't amount to much more than a row of pins.

" the oppression "?

Sorry, but this isn't 1956. It's 2016. I didn't grow up with separate water fountains or lunch counters that only serve " some", and not all,

Save my hate for someone that gives a damn?? Lol. That's the thing, you were already excluded! You came in running your mouth! That was the entire point of the comment then you got on your soap box saying you shouldn't be excluded just so you could feel like someone was trying to speak to you Smh. I could care less about what you say sir. Like I said your colors were shown a long time ago. We're actually waiting on you and your generation to die off for hopes of a better society. You're merely nothing more than a lost cause.

He's slow.

What a crock....Led Zeppelin was just sued by Spirit for the same thing and Spirit lost their case. Black paranoia is unfounded as artists influence each other's work all the time. Why didn't the guy making the statement allude to the $millions rappers have made appropriating Skeltonic verse as their own when it was being used in the 15th century in England. What this rant amounts to is a huge "look at me moment" that doesn't amount to much more than a row of pins.

You can not be that stupid. Actually, you are. You prove it on a daily basis.

Comparing Led Zeppelin to a black American artists is dumb, even by your own standard.

Lol. Now blacks didn't really influence music....you can't make this stuff up

* I * asked a question or 2, and that = running my mouth?

That's my point exactly. To question makes me the enemy, straight out.

I see s pattern here.

He's slow.

Comparing Led Zeppelin to a black American artists is dumb, even by your own standard.

Its business moron and, its relevant to the response I got to the meaning of "gentrifying our genius" You know if you lost the unfounded assertions, the condescending condemnations and the self righteous tirades against what you think I'm talking about you'd be completely speechless. But, alas, Ive come to expect you to continuously refute points I never made in a weak effort to justify your act as the big boy in the room which, honestly, makes me laugh. You're a riot but, your anger issues have clouded your judgement and rendered you utterly incoherent.

He's slow.

Its business moron and, its relevant to the response I got to the meaning of "gentrifying our genius" You know if you lost the unfounded assertions, the condescending condemnations and the self righteous tirades against what you think I'm talking about you'd be completely speechless. But, alas, Ive come to expect you to continuously refute points I never made in a weak effort to justify your act as the big boy in the room which, honestly, makes me laugh. You're a riot but, your anger issues have clouded your judgement and rendered you utterly incoherent.

NO. What black Americans faced is not what ethical people call "business". Being cheated out of rights, royalties, property is not business. Black Americans have created much more wealth than they enjoy. That didn't happen as a result of normal business practices or, mere market forces.

Once again, you have proven yourself to be the worst sort of idiot. Well done!

You're a lousy human being. You are a disgrace.

He's slow.

NO. What black Americans faced is not what ethical people call "business". Being cheated out of rights, royalties, property is not business. Black Americans have created much more wealth than they enjoy. That didn't happen as a result of normal business practices or, mere market forces.

Still missing the point by a wide margin. I swear are you really this myopic? Nevermind, I've wasted more time than you're worth and its becoming crystal clear you're intractably obtuse.

He's slow.

Still missing the point by a wide margin. I swear are you really this myopic? Nevermind, I've wasted more time than you're worth and its becoming crystal clear you're intractably obtuse.

No, what is apparent is that you lack both intellect and character. Again, you are a pathetic excuse for a human being. That IS the point. Thank you for making it clear.

No, what is apparent is that you lack both intellect and character. Again, you are a pathetic excuse for a human being. That IS the point. Thank you for making it clear.

That's the extent of the Left's ability to respond. Don't come close to accepting their side of - ANY thing, you're stupid, lack character, and are an embarrassment to all humanity.

Archived