2017 5* ATH JaCoby Stevens (LSU 8/8/16)

ellitor

On July 29, 2016 at 10:34 AM, ellitor said:

I doon't remember that story. Who are we talking about?

That would be the house sitting gig for Trent Richardson's mom that mysteriously appeared on Craigslist moments before she went online looking for places to live with Trent's daughter. It paid $50k or $60k a year the exact number eludes me but was a fairly nice house as well in Tuscaloosa. The listing has never reappeared on Craigslist following Trent's departure to the NFL to anyone's knowledge. At least that is how it has been told.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

Saw Stevens play live against Smyrna HS, didn't realize he had AU on his radar until now.  He can flat out ball on both sides of the ball, great hands, great instincts, and pretty darn fast.

Oakland went to the state championship game, getting beat 12-9 by Whitehaven (Memphis, TN school).  Oakland had 3 or 4 guys with SEC offers/commits.   

1 hour ago, tgr4lfe said:

Saw Stevens play live against Smyrna HS, didn't realize he had AU on his radar until now.  He can flat out ball on both sides of the ball, great hands, great instincts, and pretty darn fast.

Oakland went to the state championship game, getting beat 12-9 by Whitehaven (Memphis, TN school).  Oakland had 3 or 4 guys with SEC offers/commits.   

He has been the one I wanted from the beginning; he would be awesome on either side of the ball, but boy would I love for him to be on our Defense.  

5 minutes ago, AUMASTERS said:

He has been the one I wanted from the beginning; he would be awesome on either side of the ball, but boy would I love for him to be on our Defense.  

Oh, yea,  Did i fail to mention how BIG he is!!  MY son is a freshman at Smyrna and got moved up to the varsity after their freshman games.  He said Stevens was huge, and even from the stands he looked it.  He has the frame to fill out too.  Not sure what he is listed at right now, but he looked 6'2"-6'3", around 200#.  

Just checked and that is what he is listed at.  He could easily end up playing at 210-220#

He also returned kicks and punts.  

3 hours ago, tgr4lfe said:

Had AU on his radar. He's locked in with LSU.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Had AU on his radar. He's locked in with LSU.

Oh yea, knew that from HS kids chatter just before that game.  Too bad for AU, he could be a good one. 

17 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

No chance the staff changes could sway him?

Doubt it. I would think Coach O was already heavily involved in his recruitmeant.

Archived