AU opens as a road dog at Ole Miss

RunInRed

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SphyNxXx said:

Ok....so Arky beats Ole Miss. Then we beat Arky by 53. Now we are predicted to lose to Ole Miss....

Only makes sense...

We just can't afford the team to get caught in a trap game.

Hopefully Ole Miss' season is a shambles and they got beat up good by LSU, but I could easily see them trying to just play spoiler the rest of the year and a night home game is definitely a place to try that.

Vegas is just trying to get some money moving I'm sure seeing as how we beat both lsu and arky who both beat ole miss. Thinking about putting some money on this game before it turns into auburn -14 ha. Hopefully this isn't a trap game for us.

The love Ole Miss continues to get is totally unfounded. They base their entire opinion of the team on Chad Kelly. As one good ESPN analyst said last night, one player does not a team make.

AP poll is out and we are #17. Certainly reasonable but I expected a few spots higher.

That combined with the early Vegas odds and our coming out party last night didn't impact the national landscape as much as I'd have thought. There's barely a mention of us on espn.com either. 

Oh well, just gotta keep playing well.

EDIT: oops, nevermind we are #17 in coaches poll. AP not out yet. 

3 minutes ago, msza said:

AP poll is out and we are #17. Certainly reasonable but I expected a few spots higher.

That combined with the early Vegas odds and our coming out party last night didn't impact the national landscape as much as I'd have thought. There's barely a mention of us on espn.com either. 

I think you mean coaches? We jumped 7 spots in that one to 17

The AU players and coaches just need to stay focused on continually improving their gameplan, execution and effort. We cannot let this become a trap game. Earn respect by taking care of business for 4 quarters like we did last night. 

2 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Love it.  We play best when getting no respect.

48 minutes ago, msza said:

Oh well, just gotta keep playing well.

EDIT: oops, nevermind we are #17 in coaches poll. AP not out yet. 

I would suspect that the OSU/PSU game sucked much air out of any attention the national audience might have had. OK by me. We (sneaky?) comin'

I realize it's about money, but it's also based in reality.  When the Arkansas line came out, I was a little surprised at how high it was.  After seeing LSU's strength hammer Ole Miss's weakness I would think the half a thousand we gained on the ground last night would have positioned this line at a TD or so.  What am I missing?  Ole Miss sold out to to stop the run against Arkansas and it cost them.  Austin Allen is probably a little more of a play maker as a passer than Shawn White but not that much.  Again, what am I missing?

1 hour ago, bikeriderga said:

The love Ole Miss continues to get is totally unfounded. They base their entire opinion of the team on Chad Kelly. As one good ESPN analyst said last night, one player does not a team make.

IDK.  They are a beaten up team.  They play in a very physically demanding division/conference.  The injuries, even minor ones, can pile up.  Maybe it say more about depth than being overrated?

dont see a problem, the arky game was an anomaly, Auburn biggest opponent is itself dont let the hype beat you

Auburn should win by 10 

3 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I realize it's about money, but it's also based in reality.  When the Arkansas line came out, I was a little surprised at how high it was.  After seeing LSU's strength hammer Ole Miss's weakness I would think the half a thousand we gained on the ground last night would have positioned this line at a TD or so.  What am I missing?  Ole Miss sold out to to stop the run against Arkansas and it cost them.  Austin Allen is probably a little more of a play maker as a passer than Shawn White but not that much.  Again, what am I missing?

What do you mean?

The wheels are coming off of OMs season and they are coming off faster each week.  I just cannot see any letdown from this team. I think our defense will have its ears pinned back and will go for the jugular like a 900 pound Tiger going for the kill on its hapless prey. This game will take all of the doubt out of any naysayer who has yet to be totally convinced that this team is the most dangerous team in all of college football.

Kelly will be knocked silly repetitively from our defense and will come unglued like he has never been since coming to OM. Gus and Hugh are friends, but the gloves will come off and we will make this one of the most miserable games Hugh has coached since coming to Oxturd. I will go on record and say that we win this one 42-13 or worse. The rest of the season will be a fun and memorable one.

Kelly might be the most mobile QB we face this season ..other than Watson I guess or maybe Hurd.   AU pass rush gotta keep an eye on him when they bull rush their OL. ...he's fast enough to do some damage if the ends don't keep him contained.

Archived