So, how do we finish?

RunInRed

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we win out until Bama and then play them close until late in the 4th.  

What I would really like is for Texas A&M to lose one more and AU win all remaining games but right now I think Bama is too strong.  That could change before the IB

So 9-3 regular season. 

12-2

I predicted 10-2 or 9-3 with the OM and Bama being our two toughest games. I thought we would beat TAMU though.  I think we run it till the iron bowl and SW and the freshman receivers take advantage of the weaker secondary. We win the IB, SEC, and bowl game.

At the beginning of the season I predicted a 8-4 season (losses to Clemson , Ole Miss , Georgia & Alabama ) 

Now with how bad Ole Miss and Georgia look I'll take Auburn in both of those .

Considering If it goes that way Auburn would have a 8 game winning streak going into the Iron Bowl I would say we would have a great shot in that game to win. 

My prediction would be 9-3/10-2 depending on if we beat Alabama . 

I predict we will win out for the regular season. Can't predict beyond that because whether we make the SECCG is out of our control.

The team that whooped Arky Saturday could have beaten anybody. Alabama is more likely than not to lose a game this season, so why not against us? They're only going to have half a season's worth of decent footage of us anyway . . .

Definitely see us winning out until the Iron Bowl and the Iron Bowl being comparable to 2010 & 2013.  I think we can win the Iron Bowl, but it will be tough. We'll have to beat the tide and the zebras to pull it off.  The zebras play extra hard when bama is undefeated.

4 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

13-2

Ain't no stopping them now! War Eagle!

You beat me to it. It's a long shot but hey, 5 weeks ago I thought 5-2 was a long shot. Go all out. If you set you're goals low you'll achieve them every time. 

Only worry about going 1-0. Worry about the one game that's ahead of us, and right now that's Ole Miss. I'm expecting to go 1-0 this upcoming weekend.

If we beat Ole Miss like we did Arky, I say we go 10-2 (bama be damned). 

If we regress this weekend and come out sluggish, I have my reservations and think 9-3 is the ceiling. 

I honestly have no idea. I'm confident in our defense, but I still have questions on offense. Both Mississippi State and Arkansas were AWFUL in run defense. I think we are going to be able to run the ball against Ole Miss as well, although after being burned as badly as they were last week, I expect a better fight from the Ole Miss defensive line, which is still very talented. That being said, I want to know how we play when we can't run the ball like we want. Georgia plays good run defense. Alabama plays good run defense. We'll see. I don't think Georgia is in the bag, either. 

We are good until Bama, quite honestly. Not going to say we are going to destroy Ole miss or UGA for that matter.

28 minutes ago, logan adams said:

Only worry about going 1-0. Worry about the one game that's ahead of us, and right now that's Ole Miss. I'm expecting to go 1-0 this upcoming weekend.

If this question was being posed to the football team I would agree with you 100%, but I think it's no factor when fans speculate.

I don't have a prediction but I will say i think this is a great example of two things I said earlier, can't over react until you at the least know what you have on the o line. And playing some weaker teams just to get comfortable can really pay off

28 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I honestly have no idea. I'm confident in our defense, but I still have questions on offense. Both Mississippi State and Arkansas were AWFUL in run defense. I think we are going to be able to run the ball against Ole Miss as well, although after being burned as badly as they were last week, I expect a better fight from the Ole Miss defensive line, which is still very talented. That being said, I want to know how we play when we can't run the ball like we want. Georgia plays good run defense. Alabama plays good run defense. We'll see. I don't think Georgia is in the bag, either. 

Agree. It was fun to watch us pummel Ark, but I would not have minded seeing a couple of series in trash time dedicated to the passing game, just to prepare us for a team like bama, that is stout against the run and questionable against the pass. That said, I think we win out until bama, and if the team has continued to progress as we are now, I think we win a close one in t-town. We will HAVE to be able to go vertical some against uat, however. The combination of size and speed on that semi-pro team is too much to get buy on WR screens.

42 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Georgia plays good run defense. Alabama plays good run defense. We'll see. I don't think Georgia is in the bag, either. 

Georgia plays good run D, but do you think they can score on us?  I doubt we'll get anywhere near 7 touchdowns against them, but I also doubt we'll need more than 3-4 to beat them.

That being said... I agree that I want to see what we can do when we need to pass more.

Based on my modest experience, I would project the betting lines for the rest of our regular season to be:

Ole Miss +3

Vandy +24

Georgia +12.5

Alabama A&M off

Bama -13.5

I would predict 4-1. 

The positive side of me sees that it is far from impossible for this season to be GREAT.  Lot of undefeated teams ahead of us an cfb neve finishes with even close to that many. So if a huge chunk of them lose and we win out, look out. The top 4 is ACTUALLY NOT OUT OF REACH

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

12-2

I predicted 10-2 or 9-3 with the OM and Bama being our two toughest games. I thought we would beat TAMU though.  I think we run it till the iron bowl and SW and the freshman receivers take advantage of the weaker secondary. We win the IB, SEC, and bowl game.

So your saying we win the playoff game, and play in the championship?:hellyeah:

Based on what I saw the last two games I think anything is possible.  This team has been steadily improving on both sides of the ball and if they don't take a step back I don't think OM and UGA have much of a chance though both games are on the road and you can never take that for granted in the SEC.  That leaves Vandy and the rent a win at home and those won't be close.  If they can keep their heads on straight they may go into the Bammer game with a chance to win the SEC on the line if A&M falters (like they always do) and all the pressure on the other team.  Could be epic.  Like Gus and every other coach in the world say - the only way to do it is to take it one game at a time.  

The only power index metric I can find that favors Ole Miss, is their offensive efficiency is ranked #7 several spots higher than us. 

1 hour ago, AUinfusion said:

Agree. It was fun to watch us pummel Ark, but I would not have minded seeing a couple of series in trash time dedicated to the passing game, just to prepare us for a team like bama, that is stout against the run and questionable against the pass. That said, I think we win out until bama, and if the team has continued to progress as we are now, I think we win a close one in t-town. We will HAVE to be able to go vertical some against uat, however. The combination of size and speed on that semi-pro team is too much to get buy on WR screens.

You are right about going vertical, both passing and running. They will smother lateral plays. We need to ditch the quick pass to receivers at line of scrimmage. It has almost been picked off a couple of times this year already.  UAT will pick it for a score.

Archived