So, how do we finish?

RunInRed

3 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Absolutely!

The good news this year is that, with a 37-17 lead in the 4th qtr, I actually will feel pretty good at that point.

CKS's defense appears legit!

I can't imagine a better way to beat Georgia though. I love seeing them lose on a Hail Mary, tenn really came through for me this year

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way we are playing, looks like a disappointment if anyone beats us, but lets take the next game first. Love our teams' energy right now,  so anything is possible. Enjoying the journey for now

We win out and then win the SEC after LSU beats A&M. We will beat Bama unless their qb makes a big improvement on his deep balls. I say the game is a toss up but I will still say we win out. 

8 hours ago, bigbird said:

12-2

I predicted 10-2 or 9-3 with the OM and Bama being our two toughest games. I thought we would beat TAMU though.  I think we run it till the iron bowl and SW and the freshman receivers take advantage of the weaker secondary. We win the IB, SEC, and bowl game.

I agree except I think we might make the playoffs after winning the SEC. 

Just now, austudnt23 said:

I agree except I think we might make the playoffs after winning the SEC. 

It will be tough. I think they want Michigan Clemson Louisville and UW. The faster they can have a playoff without a SEC representative the better they will feel. They will try to keep us out if we beat Bama and win the SEC. Also Baylor/WV on Dec 3rd will play a big role in shaping the playoff.

19 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

We win out and then win the SEC after LSU beats A&M. We will beat Bama unless their qb makes a big improvement on his deep balls. I say the game is a toss up but I will still say we win out. 

Hey now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

It will be tough. I think they want Michigan Clemson Louisville and UW. The faster they can have a playoff without a SEC representative the better they will feel. They will try to keep us out if we beat Bama and win the SEC. Also Baylor/WV on Dec 3rd will play a big role in shaping the playoff.

Given that Clemson, Washington and the Big Ten Champion are three of the spots, I don't think they will put in a one loss Louisville non champion over a one loss Alabama non champion. And I can't see them putting a one loss Alabama over the team that beat them and won the conference.

8 hours ago, logan adams said:

Only worry about going 1-0. Worry about the one game that's ahead of us, and right now that's Ole Miss. I'm expecting to go 1-0 this upcoming weekend.

:lol:  There's absolutely nothing wrong with FANS looking ahead to other games.  None of us here are going to have anything to say about the outcome.  Looking forward is called the privilege of being a fan. 

1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

If u pressure Jalen Hurts he tends to become a bit erratic, both in his ball security and accuracy. If Lawson and company can get to him he will make some mistakes. Not to mention they lost their lead guy in the secondary in Jackson.This could cause communication issues in the secondary.  I think AU wins out and and heads to the IB with two losses. I think it comes down to QB play and which offensive line plays better....I like AU's chances.

Bama's front 7 is downright nasty though.

5 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

I wish I shared your enthusiasm, but I fear that there are too many undefeated and one-loss teams left.  I don't see Clemson losing.  Michigan might not. Louisville probably won't lose another. Either West Virginia or Baylor could survive.  And then their's Boise and Western Michigan.  Even if some of those teams lose, only Boise and Western Michigan will be sent packing with a single loss.

I just don't see the committee letting a 2 loss team jump a 1-loss (unless it's Boise or Western Michigan) with a chance of a rematch of a game they already lost, and I don't see how we will end the season with only three teams that are undefeated or only have 1 loss.

I agree to an extent unfortunately. However... if we run the table impressively and take down the #1 team...in their house, after how dominant they've been this season I just don't know how you get left out. That Clemson game is pissing me off the more I think about this scenario. Sigh

We win the next 4. Uat looks really good. Their defense is nasty. I'm not ready to commit to beating them right now.

I'm extatic to be able to say I'm  going with 9-3 considering the disaster against Clemson and A&M. War Eagle!

1 hour ago, selias said:

Bama's front 7 is downright nasty though.

Ours ain't chopped liver either. Jonthan Allen vs Monty. Lawson vs Tim Williams....all four guys having all American seasons IMO. Both teams defenses playing some elite ball. Bama with the turnovers they produce gets the early edge but I love how Auburn's guys are getting better every week. I mean when was then last time a AU defense held an SEC opponent to under 50 yes rushing for a game. One thing for sure it's gonna be fun to watch

Just now, PoetTiger said:

Ours ain't chopped liver either. Jonthan Allen vs Monty. Lawson vs Tim Williams....all four guys having all American seasons IMO. Both teams defenses playing some elite ball. Bama with the turnovers they produce gets the early edge but I love how Auburn's guys are getting better every week. I mean when was then last time a AU defense held an SEC opponent to under 50 yes rushing for a game. One thing for sure it's gonna be fun to watch

I'm not discounting our defensive guys at all. I'm downright giddy at seeing an actual honest-to-god Auburn defense again. My concern is in our offense matching up with their defense.

1 hour ago, AUTigers910 said:

And I can't see them putting a one loss Alabama over the team that beat them and won the conference.

You can't? I sure as hell can,everything always falls bama's way.They will be the best one loss team the world has ever seen.We need for LSU to beat them to if we have any chance at a playoff.

9-3 with a bowl victory getting us to double digit wins and a much more optimistic offseason.  The ship appears *knocks on every piece of wood imaginable within 10 feet* to have been righted after the tough start to September.  Nice job to the coaches and players of bouncing back.

In 2004, an undefeated AU team was left out of the national title game and many cried there should be a 4-team playoff.  It took a while, but it finally happened.  Now we face 2016.  A two-loss AU team and SEC (power 5 conference) champion does not get into the playoffs (as stated earlier, too many undefeated or 1-loss teams from other power 5 conferences), despite many saying they are the best team, stats show they are the best team, they beat the then #1 best team ever at their home field (bammer), yet the committee doesn't let AU in the playoffs and says it is because the 2-losses. Big 10 (Michigan), Big 12 (WVU), ACC (Clemson), and Pac-10 (Washington) champions get in.  Committee too glad to not have an SEC team (if it ain't bammer, they don't want SEC) in playoffs.

But it sets the stage for the 8 team playoff in the future (when the current contract for a 4-team playoff ends) because the team that should have been in the playoffs and shown to be the best team (by the end of the season) did not get in - that would be your AU TIGERS.  Like 2004, we will be the catalyst to make it better in the future but get screwed in the mean time.

I guess if we beat bammer and don't get in, as long as it keeps bammer out, I can live with it.

1 hour ago, kd4au said:

You can't? I sure as hell can,everything always falls bama's way.They will be the best one loss team the world has ever seen.We need for LSU to beat them to if we have any chance at a playoff.

Well A&M needs to loss another game too

2 hours ago, kd4au said:

I haven't seen it from the playoff committee this far

10 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

You don't have to sell me on why we SHOULD be in the final 4 if we win out, but I just think we'll lose to politics.  The committee/NCAA isn't going to want to explain why they let a 2 loss SEC team jump a one loss team.  There's already enough belief in SEC favoritism without that.  

I just look at the schedules of those who are undefeated or have one loss and unless several blow it big time, there will be more than 3 left at the end of the season.

If we hadn't lost to either Clemson or A&M, it would be a no brainer.

I think it all comes down to Baylor and WVU. If the Big 12 champ has one loss (or if the Big 12 is tied), then I think a 2-loss SEC champ would jump them. The committee has been pretty clear (rightfully so) that conference championship games matter. The Pac-12, Big Ten, and Acc champs will make it in (though the Pac-12 is ripe for an implosion that prevents them from sending a team to the CFP this year). I just don't see an 11-1 Baylor or WVU making it in over a 2-loss SEC team that ends the season with a conference title game. Additionally, if Baylor ends up the Big 12 champ, their non-conference schedule will be a strike against them.

9 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Well A&M needs to loss another game too

And a lot of other teams as well.Our chances are slim,I would put them at about 1 in million.

7 hours ago, AUTigers910 said:

I haven't seen it from the playoff committee this far

I just put it this way,if there are 4 undefeated teams and bama has a loss they won't get in, but if there are only one or two undefeated teams and bama has one loss,I would bet a lot of money on bama being in the playoffs with one loss.

18 minutes ago, kd4au said:

I just put it this way,if there are 4 undefeated teams and bama has a loss they won't get in, but if there are only one or two undefeated teams and bama has one loss,I would bet a lot of money on bama being in the playoffs with one loss.

I'm sure I could certainly come up with a scenario in which Alabama gets in with two or less undefeated teams but Auburn would also be in the playoffs as well which was my point overall.

14 hours ago, Charhair said:

I can't imagine a better way to beat Georgia though. I love seeing them lose on a Hail Mary, tenn really came through for me this year

Truth!!!

I admit that I love seeing thUga having to eat that hobnailed boot!

Archived