***OFFICIAL ELECTION DAY THREAD***

TitanTiger

• TitanTiger changed the title to ***OFFICIAL ELECTION DAY THREAD***
  • TitanTiger pinned and unpinned this topic

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Voted. Write-in candidate for president.

This is kinda cool ...

VoteCastr, which aims to break Election Day’s "traditional information embargo," went live on Vice News, promising initial estimates based on early voting in Florida, Colorado, Nevada and Iowa. Those are four of the eight states, representing 102 electoral votes, where VoteCastr is concentrating its data-crunching. More results, from more states, are to be made available in rolling fashion throughout the day, on Vice News and on Slate.com.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-11-08/your-hour-by-hour-guide-to-following-obsessively-on-election-day

2 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

This is kinda cool ...

I'll be honest, I'm not sure I like this. I don't like the idea of early returns or exit polling data affecting how voters behave later in the day.

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I'll be honest, I'm not sure I like this. I don't like the idea of early returns or exit polling data affecting how voters behave later in the day.

Yeah .. although, kinda knew we'd eventually get here.  I haven't spent any time diving into their model/methodology but will as I'm curious how they are getting this "information."

6 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

This election obliterated all standards and norms.

Well the call on North Carolina will be especially late tonight.

North Carolina's Durham County requests extra voting time due to glitch

From CNN's Devon Sayers:

The Durham County Board of Elections has unanimously recommended that voting should be extended in the county by 90 minutes after a glitch in the electronic voter check system. Because of the issue, the county was forced to switch to paper roll books, Durham County Board of Elections spokesperson Briana Khan told CNN.

Good for you, Dubya:

Contrary to what Rush Limbaugh claims, George W. Bush and Laura Bush did not vote for either Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump, a spokesperson for the former president said Tuesday.

Instead, the Bushes left that section blank and only voted for Republican candidates in down ballot races.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/08/media/george-w-bush-rush-limbaugh-hillary-clinton/index.html

Archived