Message to Coach Herb Hand

dmoney

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 4:37 PM, WarEagle1982 said:

I would suggest recruiting more linemen from top 6A and 7A programs in Alabama.  I coached at the 6A level before 7A was created and having worked closely with pass protection as a RBs coach.  I can tell you that the top D Coordinators at those levels are difficult to prepare against because they are so good at disguising things and being creative.  Linemen in this state will be prepared IF they played in some of those programs.

I agree with your assessment. For the most part, we have recruited well on the O-line. If all stands till NLI, we will have some very good O-line recruits that could play early. I think there was a noticeable improvement this year under Coach Hand's coaching.

I like the following breakdown of what I think the O-line should be. Please let me know if I am not correct with this. I welcome constructive criticism in that this is the way we can get it as close to possible being right:

1. Center: 6-3 / 300 plus lbs.

2. Guards: 6-4 to 6-5 / 300 plus lbs.

3. Tackles: 6-5 to 6-8 / 300 plus lbs.

4. TE 6-4 to -6-8 / 250 plus lbs.

Of course, we want them to have good speed and foot movement. They need to be as strong as a heard of Rhinos & mean and ready to plow over defenders who get in their way.

7 hours ago, doc4aday said:

I agree with your assessment. For the most part, we have recruited well on the O-line. If all stands till NLI, we will have some very good O-line recruits that could play early. I think there was a noticeable improvement this year under Coach Hand's coaching.

I like the following breakdown of what I think the O-line should be. Please let me know if I am not correct with this. I welcome constructive criticism in that this is the way we can get it as close to possible being right:

1. Center: 6-3 / 300 plus lbs.

2. Guards: 6-4 to 6-5 / 300 plus lbs.

3. Tackles: 6-5 to 6-8 / 300 plus lbs.

4. TE 6-4 to -6-8 / 250 plus lbs.

Of course, we want them to have good speed and foot movement. They need to be as strong as a heard of Rhinos & mean and ready to plow over defenders who get in their way.

You now need a 6' 7" qb.

18 minutes ago, alexava said:

You now need a 6' 7" qb.

Absolutely! One that has a 4.36 forty and can hit inside a 55 gallon drum 85 yards away!

23 minutes ago, Tigger1985 said:

Lest we forget, in 2013 everybody knew what was coming and still couldn't stop it.

We had a great O-Line and Jay Prosch. Made the difference. 

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I think he may be the most over rated coach we have.....And that's hard to achieve on this board

Who's rating him high?  I know several were excited for him to come in, because they were hoping Gus would listen to him and that would open up the offense, but as an O-Line coach, all I have heard from people is that he sucked at Penn State. 

I personally think the success he had this year was a coincidence because of X's injury. That being said, he sure is bringing in the talent in recruiting.

On 1/14/2017 at 10:46 AM, bigbird said:

What happened in the last 12 days to change your mind?

lol. if you were closer i would buy ya one of the new fancy beers or burn one with ya. that was absolutely epic............

Archived