Chip Lindsey new OC

RunInRed

1 minute ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Because he is. We can pretend he isn't all we want... And no DC isn't the same. Gus ran him off. This is another guy who Gus can control. I just don't see how Lindsey has sufficient experience but Kendall didn't. This guy is another high school coach. Or didn't you read his bio.  Oh and another thing, this is a hire that keeps Kodi Burns. Being as Lindsey had hired Kodi to be his RB coach as ASU, there is no chance Kodi is left without a job.... Just the safe choice all the way around... 

Um... Putting those numbers up at Southern Mississippi is the the same as the SEC, but go ahead and pump that sunshine. 

Just is. Okay, no real logic or analysis. Just is. Now I know to never ascribe any credibility to you. Just won't.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

You are not towing the "woe is me" company line. You can't be an AU fan. I mean every naysayer on here knows we will win 7 at best. An hour ago we couldn't predict who the new OC would be, but now we all know how next season will be a fail. That my friend, is a true Auburn fan, :hellyeah:

There is a difference in being upset with a lackluster hire when we were told by everyone to expect a wow hire. And there is no way we win 7 next season. We are LOADED. but please do continue towing the AUFamily line and try to morph this into an excellent hire. 

God yall whine too much. Also D. Craig was a great recruiter but our WRs actually have looked better with Burns coaching them IMO. Have seen much fewer dropped passes.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, TigerTaz said:

Last year at USM his QB had 4,100 yards and 36 TDs. Jarrett Stidham will win us 10 plus. Gus ain't gonna be fired next year. 

If Saban hired him the question would then be why did Gus let him get away? He's a proven qb coach and OC who isn't afraid to throw it. Isn't that what AU needed? Or is it people just wanted Gus gone regardless?

• Like 3

There is a difference in being upset with a lackluster hire when we were told by everyone to expect a wow hire. And there is no way we win 7 next season. We are LOADED. but please do continue towing the AUFamily line and try to morph this into an excellent hire. 

Screenshotting this so I can prove you wrong in December 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

Just is. Okay, no real logic or analysis. Just is. Now I know to never ascribe any credibility to you. Just won't.

Cool story bro. Keep on towing the company line and trying to convince everyone this is a great hire. 

It's all rainbows and unicorns huh

10 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

I thought we were going to have a "wow hire"? :dunno:

I don't think Gus could get anyone to come here. And the guys he could get, JJ probably didn't want. This is who we are now. We have to deal with it. Lol

5 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Cool story bro. Keep on towing the company line and trying to convince everyone this is a great hire. 

It's all rainbows and unicorns huh

I haven't done that either. You just make stuff up. Sign off a weak mind.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GordoAU said:

God yall whine too much. Also D. Craig was a great recruiter but our WRs actually have looked better with Burns coaching them IMO. Have seen much fewer dropped passes.

Yeah talent has nothing to do with that.  It's all coaching...  Seems legit. 

Just now, PoetTiger said:

Chicken little time 

Just like every other time posters have no actual idea what went on behind closed doors lol. "7 wins next year" lol

No one said to expect a WOW HIRE. Where did you read that?  I never said this was an excellent hire either. Where did you read that? Two examples of creating falsehoods right there in your post. I said nothing about what I though about the hire. I just said dips like you whine about everything as if you know anything about the situation - when you know nothing about it. Nothing.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, GordoAU said:

Really? I don't see that. I seen lackadaisical short routes ran by guys with no real motivation. Yes a there was a couple of flares but that may not be on them. Our QB's were struggling all year. But I am not going to complain long term just a short protest . I am on board, he will need support of the fans to keep the kids motivated and the seats filled with excitement.  I guess its one of those support him until he is proven insufficient. With this hire it will be interesting to see what JJ does at the end of the season if they have only won 8 games. Will he have a job himself? If so will he fire Gus? 

8 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Yeah talent has nothing to do with that.  It's all coaching...  Seems legit. 

Sammie Coates, Duke and especially Ricardo never reached their full potential under DC and I'd say they were just as talented as who Kodi has had. It does seem legit. DC is the most overrated coach we have had in a long time. 

Edited by GordoAU

6 minutes ago, HarrisBoy334 said:

If Saban hired him the question would then be why did Gus let him get away? He's a proven qb coach and OC who isn't afraid to throw it. Isn't that what AU needed? Or is it people just wanted Gus gone regardless?

No we need Balance..... Throwing isn't going to win games int he SEC day in and day out. 

I could see it working out. If he develops Stidham, we will be fine. I'm more scared that Gus will get in the way. But that was bound to be a concern with any OC hire. 

• Like 2

I like the hire because it fits what we needed to improve and it also has Gus in position to make it a great year next year.   

No overhauling...   Just improve upon what we have.   

I predict it will be great.. But if not.. We will really know and that is good too.  

10 wins min IMO.  

• Like 2

If Gus got the OC that he wanted then I think it is a great hire. I LOVE the fact that Gus can run the offense the way he wants. Do you all REALLY want Gus to take all of the blame for next season while the people coaching are not the people he wants? I realize that many here would love to fire all the coaches after every loss (yes, I am exaggerating, but only a little bit) but maybe we should try supporting our coaches and team in spite of the losses.

3 minutes ago, GordoAU said:

Sammy Coates, Duke and especially Ricardo never reached their full potential under DC and I'd say they were just as talented as who Kodi has had. It does seem legit. DC is the most overrated coach we have had in a long time. 

Gus controlled the practices and the techniques being taught, DC was very frustrated by this.  Gus also chose who was playing and what routes they ran

3 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Just like every other time posters have no actual idea what went on behind closed doors lol. "7 wins next year" lol

I would suppose most all of us are obviously fans..some with more insight than others maybe..yet fans non-the-less. I fall in the glass-half-full category in that CRL has moved on and we now have someone different and by most accounts that is what all us fans were clammering for to happen. I for one am encouraged by his QB work and positive results where he has coached. 

• Like 2

Just now, au701948 said:

I would suppose most all of us are obviously fans..some with more insight than others maybe..yet fans non-the-less. I fall in the glass-half-full category in that CRL has moved on and we now have someone different and by most accounts that is what all us fans were clammering for to happen. I for one am encouraged by his QB work and positive results where he has coached. 

Good, you should be. He was playing with his 4th string QB at ASU in OCTOBER. He was 4-0 until his starter got hurt. What he did at SoMiss is eye catching. He's not the yes man that posters here believe he is. Lindsey is getting the keys to a brand new sports car with the weapons we have on offense and Gus actually trusts him. Wake up people. 

• Like 4