Chip Lindsey new OC

RunInRed

15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Ill take the over. What are the terms.

Bird does Eagle Eye 7 remind you of we7 from the past that got booted out of here permanently? Interesting that they both have a 7 as well... 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Gus give it a break no one is going to buy your crap anymore. I am sure JJ told Gus to go ahead and hire Chip but be prepared to call the moving vans early next year. Gus was the one that played this to the media trying to make it look like they wouldn't let him make his pick. Gus is nothing more than a spoiled child in a grownups body. Pitching fits and always blaming his mistakes on someone else. I am glad he hire Chip it will ensure his departure from AU. I was a Gus supporter until I saw how immature he was. Good coaches accept responsibility for their mistakes. Gus he pushes his of on others. Rhett just wound up being this years scape goat. Craig was last years and Ellis the year before. I use to think he was an honorable man, I know longer consider him as such. It gets better at AU next December when we hire an adult to coach these young men.

Lol at DC being a scapegoat...and this poster...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

Bird does Eagle Eye 7 remind you of we7 from the past that got booted out of here permanently? Interesting that they both have a 7 as well... 

That, or stupidity is contagious and those two spent too long in close proximity.

20 minutes ago, bigbird said:

My vote is: you win and he's got to shut the heck up and go cheer for Bama or something.

24 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Or he will move to Canada with all of those celebrities..... oh wait.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

They've all been tweeting that they're excited about it. Go check Auburn's twitter.

Don't do Twitter- a little help please.

I think this is the best hire for the circumstance. Seem like a lot of people want to totally overhaul the offense. I think that waould lead to a down year when we have they have the personnel to have a good season. Improvement over what they had and try to build on last year. As long as Gus doesn't try to take over the offense, as he has in the past.

15 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

They've all been tweeting that they're excited about it. Go check Auburn's twitter.

Stidham likes it.

If White does as well,  I think that should just about wrap up the discussion.

• Like 2

Just now, Auskip said:

Stidham likes it.

If White does as well,  I think that should just about wrap up the discussion.

Both he and White tweeted, along with Woody as well. 

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

Both he and White tweeted, along with Woody as well. 

Just saw that. As far as I'm concerned the case is closed.

• Like 4

Does he utilize / pass to the tight ends ??

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

What do you mean not walking into a good situation?   He arrives and finds a highly rated QB in Stidham and a solid (if fragile QB) in SW and an excellent OL and WR corp to work with.  My gosh....I can't think of any place a coach could go (or stay) that has a better situation for success.

I mean that the writing on the wall says that Gus is as good as gone.  When the power brokers become in operations it never ends well.  I don't disagree at all about the talent level.  In hindsight, this hire was probably as good as we could hope for with the way that things have begun to unravel.  The players seem excited and they're where the rubber hits the road.  

Edited by gctiger

I'm wondering if the negative naysayers in this thread were also among the naysayers last year when Kevin Steele was hired as DC. Well, that group was certainly right about what a disappointing hire that was! Oh wait...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hikerdns said:

People are saying CCL agreed to let Gus call the plays still. Where is that coming from?

I don't believe that for one second.  

I like the hire. 

Known for developing QB's so Stidham White Barrett lead the way for Gatewood to make a proper decision. 

Doesn't have to change terminology for the players, and could be familiar with it himself.

Alabama High School coaches will appreciate seeing him...recruiting boost?

AU should return a strong run game and, this seems like it will add some balance with hopefully a dangerous passing game. Maybe even surprise with play action deep passes, or maybe just different play calls on 1st and 10 lol.

Most of the Defense returning should support the Offense with time management and turnover margins.

Work hard in the off-season. Always recruit. Give the guy a shot. 

Good luck CCL and WDE.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Folks wanting an OC who can help develop Stidham....looks like that is what we got..

He is far more pass oriented than Gus or RL and I predict we will not be anywhere near 75% running plays if JS and SW are healthy and that ...what was it?    85% of our first down plays WILL NOT be off tackle.

As noted for the anti-Gus-tree folks, he spent about a year at AU and has a decent record at some Div 1 schools.

This!  If this means we will throw the ball more on first down, instead of just on a full moon, I'm all for it. Also, does this mean no more double play action fakes on third and 22?

Facing a Chip Lindsey offense is a challenge according to Washington State defensive coordinator Alex Grinch.

Grinch squared off against Lindsey, Auburn’s next offensive coordinator, in 2016 when Lindsey was with Arizona State. The Cougars won 37-32 but Lindsey earned Grinch's respect.

“I was real impressed going against him this year. I thought he did a very good job of maximizing personnel,” Grinch said. “They used tempo. They had some injuries at quarterback but he found a way to overcome that with a bit of wildcat. He does a good job attacking you. With the run-pass stuff, the gaps and those things they are a pain in the tail defensively to gameplan against.”

He added, “Lindsey is the real deal.”

Grinch, as assistant on the Missouri squad that lost to Auburn in the 2013 SEC Championship Game, thinks Lindsey is a smart hire by the Tigers.

“In terms of what their history has been offensively, there’s a consistency there — you talk about a seamless transition,” Grinch said. “It seems like a good fit to me.”

The staple of Lindsey’s offense?

*** Subscribe to Auburn Undercover: Buy 1 month, GET 2 MONTHS OF VIP ACCESS FREE.***

“I felt like they wanted to run the football and get explosive plays through the air,” Grinch said. “They get you to commit a body in the box and then get you over the top and try to get the explosive plays.”

What kind of recruiter will Lindsey be? Grinch didn’t have enough insight to speculate, but noted the fact Lindsey has been a high school coach in both Alabama and Georgia could be a plus.

“If you’re going to have (experience) anywhere, those are the two spots to have them,” Grinch said.

On a personal level, Grinch said he and Lindsey became “fast friends.”

“He’s good people,” Grinch said. “He’s just a good guy."

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Wazzu-defensive-coordinator-Alex-Grinch-Chip-Lindseys-offense-a--50704635

The way Kirby Smart has dominated us in recruiting in GA this year CCL's experience there will be a huge plus. Is he supposed to be a good recruiter?

Just now, Tiger said:

The way Kirby Smart has dominated us in recruiting in GA this year CCL's experience there will be a huge plus. Is he supposed to be a good recruiter?

No he isn't going to be a stud recruiter.

26 minutes ago, JGLEATON said:

Does he utilize / pass to the tight ends ??

If I'm reading his bio correctly, he coached Lutz in high school.

Also, didn't we hire Kodi away from Graham/Lindsey?

WDE!

Edited by MadtownTiger
  • Like 1