2018 4* LB Quay Walker

ellitor

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I love Ansley. He is a great coach and will be a great DC.  Pruitt and Ansley leaving is a huge help for us. 

I HOPE LIKE HELL it is a huge help for us and not just another one for ol bowl cut! lol Quay is a absolute freak of nature at the LB position for a high school kid! I WANT HIM BAD BIRD!!! BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD! haha

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/4/2018 at 5:53 PM, WFE12 said:

Oh I didn't even pay attention to that. Having Tenn for a last visit makes me nervous. 

yep. Sure he had contact with Pruitt too.. so depends on if he is just an Bama fan, and see's his NFL chances best with them...and ofc Saban has done well with that...

Position coach and lead recruiter from bama gone!

His best coach relationship = TWill

His best player relationship = Big Cat

His last CURRENTLY SCHEDULED OV = Auburn  (bama or TN on the last week says to me “I’ll visit one of them but I’m not sure which.”  (which translated means “They’re not at the top of the list”)  

I like our chances here, boys!

55 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

His last CURRENTLY SCHEDULED OV = Auburn  (bama or TN on the last week says to me “I’ll visit one of them but I’m not sure which.”  (which translated means “They’re not at the top of the list”)  

Hope your right. Would be great to get this guy.

20 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

UT is the main concern here. Big Cat and T-Will help, but JJ Peterson and Pruitt are in his ear big time!

This stinks!  I have said it before but I think QW is a huge need for us.  This is a talented kid that will fight for playing time next year behind some really talented LBs.  This kid has all the tools and ability to be an impact player as a FR.  The only thing I see that would hurt him is not being there in the spring

We definitely need a youth movement to come in at linebacker. Our last two years on defense should be a great example of what we can do.

8 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

UGA will give us a battle.

Man if they take him too Idk what I will do.

29 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I have an idea...

tenor.gif

Just knew someone would have a response like this...I like this one though.

15 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I hope you're right, Preach.

7 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Everything I've seen from the Vols recruiting sites over the years needs to be watered down by at least 50%, maybe 75%. Remember, these are the same people that thought John Gruden was going to jump at their head coaching offer. I see Walker's decision coming down to AU/UAT.

23 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Everything I've seen from the Vols recruiting sites over the years needs to be watered down by at least 50%, maybe 75%. Remember, these are the same people that thought John Gruden was going to jump at their head coaching offer. I see Walker's decision coming down to AU/UAT.

Hmm...Idk about that Jack.....Pruitt and Peterson are in his ear and I'm at least glad he moved the visit up so that they're not the last team he talks to but I'm still worried.

5 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Hmm...Idk about that Jack.....Pruitt and Peterson are in his ear and I'm at least glad he moved the visit up so that they're not the last team he talks to but I'm still worried.

Also early playing time at tn is so important. Pruitt has pretty much a clean slate up there . He can promise the world to get kids to come to Knoxville 

4 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Also early playing time at tn is so important. Pruitt has pretty much a clean slate up there . He can promise the world to get kids to come to Knoxville 

You are correct. This is going to be a good test for our staff. We have early playing time available as well, but are trending in a much more positive direction than UT. And our staff has put in a ton of time with this one. We also have his friend and former high school teammate Big Kat coming off of an All Freshman SEC year. We should be able to close this one. WDE.

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

You are correct. This is going to be a good test for our staff. We have early playing time available as well, but are trending in a much more positive direction than UT. And our staff has put in a ton of time with this one. We also have his friend and former high school teammate Big Kat coming off of an All Freshman SEC year. We should be able to close this one. WDE.

I know it's not the same argument as being an instant starter but I would think this kid would have a good shot at being on the field a lot this year. We will have a lot of seniors this year at the LB position so it'll be critically important to cycle in youth as much as possible.

8 hours ago, WFE12 said:

No matter who is in his ear, UT fans and sites are notorious for being wildly over optimistic about their chances for anything, recruits even more so than in other areas. Even when they do get one, their chances have been vastly overstated prior to the guy's signing with them.

Archived