Larry Porter New Offensive Assistant

ClaytonAU

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, ellitor said:

It's mainly just a title to get more money. Support coach Patrick Suddes is the real Recruiting Coordinator for all intents & purposes.

Thank you for this....

Not often you see it done correctly.

1 hour ago, AuGrad2004 said:

Thank you for this....

Not often you see it done correctly.

Indeed.  I cry a little when I see or hear someone say "for all intensive purposes".

22 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

Indeed.  I cry a little when I see or hear someone say "for all intensive purposes".

with warm fires in the tepees, the heat is in tents

22 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

Perhaps they're not referring to cursory or superficial purposes. ....only the thorough, in depth or rigorous ones...

7 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Perhaps they're not referring to cursory or superficial purposes. ....only the thorough, in depth or rigorous ones...

"Laid back purposes need not apply, longhair."

2 hours ago, Strychnine said:

The one that gets me on here is when people use 'reigns' in place of 'reins'.

1 minute ago, triangletiger said:

Or dominate instead of dominant.

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

You're just bias. But hopefully you're also bless. 

There is an extreme dominate bias within my character.

36 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

34 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

Or dominate instead of dominant.

Oh

must be unfamiliar words for the damn' spell checker

All of what I see on here is better than twitter where you get things like

"Bone App The Teeth"  .....bon appetit

"All Of Garden"  .........  Olive Garden

"Die Of Beeties"  ...........  diabetes

or my personal favorite  "colon" ....  cologne.  For example, girls on twitter say " I love the smell of my boyfriends colon on my pillow."

1 minute ago, AuGrad2004 said:

All of what I see on here is better than twitter where you get things like

"Bone App The Teeth"  .....bon appetit

"All Of Garden"  .........  Olive Garden

"Die Of Beeties"  ...........  diabetes

or my personal favorite  "colon" ....  cologne.  For example, girls on twitter say " I love the smell of my boyfriends colon on my pillow."

I guess I stand corrected.

Might be the damn' spell checker?

Remind me to continue avoiding twits (did I get that right?).

With me it is sometimes the spell checker but sometimes I just screw up even when I know better. LOL

29 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

With me it is sometimes the spell checker but sometimes I just screw up even when I know better. LOL

I don't even want to know how many of my posts on here have the "edited" tag on them because I reread them after posting and noticed that I did something grammatically stupid.

Does this hire give us another Craig type situation? Dynamic recruiter but coaching out of position? Which could potentially lead to H-Back/TE effectiveness take a hit in coaching?

For the record I am very happy about this hire just wondering about any potential pitfalls.

6 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Does this hire give us another Craig type situation? Dynamic recruiter but coaching out of position? Which could potentially lead to H-Back/TE effectiveness take a hit in coaching?

For the record I am very happy about this hire just wondering about any potential pitfalls.

From everything I've read, he's an elite on-the-field coach as well, who should be an asset to the offense no matter where he's positioned.

19 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Fair question, but... we just removed the existing TE coach from the football field and we helped secure employment for the previous OC elsewhere. Between Porter and Lindsey, I think they can more than compensate for whatever position coaching we were getting from Fountain and Lashlee. 

Will we get adequate TE/H-Back coaching? I don't know. Will it be any worse? Doubt it. 

FYI, I just looked up ASU's receiving stats. Good news... they had 7 guys with over 100 yards receiving. 5 of those went over 300. 2 of those went over 600. A couple of the guys over 300 were RBs. Bad news... the top 2 TEs combined for 11 catches and less than 200 yards. Still, that would be major improvement for us. 

Just now, oracle79 said:

You serious Clark?:laugh:

lolol the H-Back part was more my concern but since he has both duties I lumped them in together. I definitely chuckled at you pointing that bit out. It will take an act of god to make our TE production get worse than it already is for sure

9 minutes ago, Tiger said:

lolol the H-Back part was more my concern but since he has both duties I lumped them in together. I definitely chuckled at you pointing that bit out. It will take an act of god to make our TE production get worse than it already is for sure

Agreed.  Hopefully his prior RB coaching experience will translate to H Back somewhat.  I mean he had to teach his RB's how to block right?

Archived