Nice awards for Chuma Okeke & Davion Mitchell

ellitor

Okeke named Mr. Basketball for Georgia, 7A Player Of The Year, 7A Rebounder Of The Year, and First Team 7A All Georgia by one source affiliated with GHSA. Davion Mitchell made First Team 3A All Georgia. Link

BOOM!!!!! I love it.

I like the rebounding part maybe he can be a part of the Rebounding solution for Auburn next year.

Another honor for Chuma...

Thats some pretty big stuff being the top player in GA. I'm betting these 2 players will give next years team a nice boost talent wise. Hopefully integrating fewer freshmen at the same time will also mean these guys will be able to gradually fill a roll instead of being thrown in the deep end from the start of the season. Really hoping Okeke can be the missing piece at 4 and allow others to slide into their more natural positions. 

9 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Thats some pretty big stuff being the top player in GA. I'm betting these 2 players will give next years team a nice boost talent wise. Hopefully integrating fewer freshmen at the same time will also mean these guys will be able to gradually fill a roll instead of being thrown in the deep end from the start of the season. Really hoping Okeke can be the missing piece at 4 and allow others to slide into their more natural positions. 

With the glaring weaknesses at the point & rebounding I think both will have a big role early. It will likely be needed.

Archived