NCAA Softball Tournament

Well WCWS started today.  Florida defeated Texas A&M 8-0.   LSU defeated UCLA 2-1.    Washington plays Oregon later today and Baylor plays Oklahoma after that one.  

I want Washington, Oregon or Baylor to win it.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

Well WCWS started today.  

I want Washington, Oregon or Baylor to win it.

Is that you Mikey ?  ?

43 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Is that you Mikey ?  ?

Nope. From what I gather that's a good number of AU fans.

mod edit:  do not insult players here.  Oklahoma is right up there with LSU for other teams I hate the most outside of UAT and UGA.

19 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Oklahoma is right up there with LSU for other teams I hate the most outside of UAT and UGA.

Especially considering by all accounts I've read that she is a very nice person. I don't know what's worse, the disrespect or being proud of being disrespectful.

I don't like Oklahoma either, but they're leading 6-1 in bot 6.  Washington beat Oregon 3-1, hit a 2-run homer in top 7.  I think the finals come down to Florida-Oklahoma, and I think Okie has better hitters.    Pendley hit a 2-run bomb in the 1st inning tonight (17).  Florida scored a month's worth of runs today (8).  Pulling for Washington myself.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Especially considering by all accounts I've read that she is a very nice person. I don't know what's worse, the disrespect or being proud of being disrespectful.

I am self aware. I know what I am doing but if you beat our Auburn Tigers gloves are off in the national title game THEN rip our hearts out again the next year and I go for the throat! lol fan is short for fanatic and I fit the bill. Me? classy? NOT A CHANCE! haha.

31 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am self aware. I know what I am doing but if you beat our Auburn Tigers gloves are off in the national title game THEN rip our hearts out again the next year and I go for the throat! lol fan is short for fanatic and I fit the bill. Me? classy? NOT A CHANCE! haha.

At least you are honest.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

At least you are honest.

I AM NOT A GOOD PERSON! lol. there is more honesty for you. But seriously PLEASE ANYONE but Oklahoma, florida and LSU win please. THANK YOU! WAR EAGLE

Down to final 4 teams: Florida vs Washington and Oklahoma vs Oregon.

UCLA beat Texas A&M but had another controversial call at home - again a close play but this time no obstruction called goes against UCLA.  Same type close play (think AU-Cal two times, and LSU-UCLA).  Bad enough that the UCLA first base coach (who is a Hall of Famer) got tossed and I believe she had every right to argue that obstruction was not called for them after it was called against them vs LSU.  Really disappointed in the officials that I have seen throughout the regionals, super-regionals and now in the WCWS.

No huge surprises.....well except Oklahoma who many folks thought was under-seeded....and started showing folks by their win over AU that they were a serious contender despite their 10th seed or whatever it was.    Parker still among the best out there...

Washington showed some stuff early in the year at AU and their work-horse pitcher is still dominant...has more than 30 win and doing almost of the work for them.

Still looking like Oklahoma-Florida in the finals, but I'd love for Washington to win through.  The team that surprised me was Florida State - thought they were better than that.  Playing that ACC schedule didn't expose them, but getting swept by Oregon should have told me something.

Meanwhile....Oregon just took a 2-0 lead in the WCWS in the 5th..

24 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Meanwhile....Oregon just took a 2-0 lead in the WCWS in the 5th..

OU answers right back with 4. Florida advanced to the final beating UDubb 5-2.

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

OU answers right back with 4. Florida advanced to the final beating UDubb 5-2.

Oregon pitcher deserved  a better fate. The whole thing started with a throwing error and Oklahoma just busted it open after that.....all with two outs. 

Oklahoma takes their game against Oregon and moves to the finals against Florida. 

8 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Oklahoma takes their game against Oregon and moves to the finals against Florida. 

O JOY the 2 teams I wanted to win the least.

This is a fantastic game.  2-2 with 1 out bottom 11th.

They showed the Carosone walk off grand slam from last year.  I miss that team.

Oklahoma just led off the 12th with a double and a homer to take 4-2 lead. They are the visitors this game. 

last years oklahoma team was a dominant force. This years team keeps winning in miraculous ways. The ball just has bounced in their favor at the world series the last 2 years. O and it helps when your ridiculously talented as well.

Parker versus the best power hitter for Florida with 2 on and 2 out in bottom12th.  Oh now they are putting in Lowry. Homer could win it. 

Holy crap.  First pitch was 75 mph

Archived