Stewart Mandel out at Fox

CR

There is a chainsaw running through sports media. I've always enjoyed Mandel's work. Also Bruce Feldman will be doing sideline reporting but no more columns for Fox. May be my age but I don't care to watch videos of sports stories, still prefer to read it myself. Add the layoffs at Fox along with the ESPN staff cuts and there are a glut of talented people looking for work.

11 hours ago, CR said:

There is a chainsaw running through sports media. I've always enjoyed Mandel's work. Also Bruce Feldman will be doing sideline reporting but no more columns for Fox. May be my age but I don't care to watch videos of sports stories, still prefer to read it myself. Add the layoffs at Fox along with the ESPN staff cuts and there are a glut of talented people looking for work.

Sea change in the industry...Some of these guys I like and others not so much but they and their families are likely to go through some hard times.....guys have (had) jobs that are disappearing in their previous form and it's not like the old days when they could just jump over to another network.  

Archived