Garrett Cooper..former AU player making debut for Yankees...

Dang....I have no recall of him at all...

11 hours ago, AU64 said:

Dang....I have no recall of him at all...

I don't either. I know we are both ancient and thus prone to memory loss but.....

Played 2012 and 2013 with very good hitting stats....and I still don't remember him.

Until SEC TV, guys like him were probably only known to really dedicated baseball fans...people like me who maybe saw one game a year never got to know the players very well. ...Even guys like this who were solid players who got drafted.

SEC TV and forums like this have really enabled distant fans to know most players in major sports ...ones we would not know otherwise.

Happy to have another AU guy in the bugs.

He just got a double in the 5th.

42 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

He just got a double in the 5th.

One of Pawloski's guys....most recent AU player to make it. ?

Surprised y'all don't remember Coop. #28 for us- played First Base. Was in the end of CJP years- played with guys like Ryan Tella, Cullen Wacker, etc... really glad AU got some more recognition 

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Surprised y'all don't remember Coop. #28 for us- played First Base. Was in the end of CJP years- played with guys like Ryan Tella, Cullen Wacker, etc... really glad AU got some more recognition 

Kind of embarrassing...had the kind of career that deserved some recognition....from us..

Was a junior college transfer from California.   West coast kid and played during the dead bat era.   It's a shame because he was a big guy 

On 7/17/2017 at 4:07 PM, tigerbrotha12 said:

I remember him. I was on the other forum that merged with this one at some point ( I don't remember the year? ) but I do recall posting about him,Ryan Tella and Creed Simpson. For some reason Jonah Todd always reminded me of Ryan Tella....

Good Luck to Coop....even if it is with the Yankees!

Coop was a good kid at AU. Happy for him....as noted prior....even if it is the Yankees. LOL

Hoist the Colors.

8 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Coop was a good kid at AU. Happy for him....as noted prior....even if it is the Yankees. LOL

Hoist the Colors.

Well I like all of it............Go Yankeessssssssssssssssssssss and Coop

Archived