Post a picture

42 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

What's the watermelon thing?? 

Grand Bay is known as the watermelon capital of Alabama........used to have a big event every 4th of July.

10 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

That’s the ID I’m getting on FB. 

Has to be a snake or more predatory turtle, I’d think? 

Could be a number of things, I reckon. Anything from accidental ingestion of something to some type of injury to disease. 

I watched a very large (60 + lbs) snapping turtle pass away earlier this summer. It was right next to the edge of the water in the woods in a remote part of the refuge. It just sat there on land for weeks and didn’t move. It eventually just died. No clue what killed it. I imagine as warm as the waters are, there is all kinds of stuff waiting to pounce on any glitch on the immune system.

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Well, this guy was back tonight in the pool. He’s grown. 

80oF2eh.jpg

As the frog turns?.........could be a mini series.

• Haha 1

So Sadie's team had two of the few layup games on their schedule for the year yesterday before a big tournament this coming weekend. Knew it would be a beatdown so they started her backup in goal and put her at striker. Spent the whole first game trying to get her a goal. The whole game was everybody trying to feed their keeper the ball up front. Ended up winning 4-1 in the first one, but she didn't get on the score sheet except for an assist. 

Second game, she finally breaks through and slots one inside the right post from her left foot to open the game. Everyone gave her a hug, including her coach calling her over. Rout was on after that. Up 5-0, we played a man down the rest of the game and couldn't stop scoring. Ended up 10-1. 

BUSA Bash this weekend. Going to be tough. 

• Love 2

4 hours ago, AUDub said:

So Sadie's team had two of the few layup games on their schedule for the year yesterday before a big tournament this coming weekend. Knew it would be a beatdown so they started her backup in goal and put her at striker. Spent the whole first game trying to get her a goal. The whole game was everybody trying to feed their keeper the ball up front. Ended up winning 4-1 in the first one, but she didn't get on the score sheet except for an assist. 

Second game, she finally breaks through and slots one inside the right post from her left foot to open the game. Everyone gave her a hug, including her coach calling her over. Rout was on after that. Up 5-0, we played a man down the rest of the game and couldn't stop scoring. Ended up 10-1. 

BUSA Bash this weekend. Going to be tough. 

Let her know to keep her head up........not that you dont already know what to say?.........let her know Steve Nash made a living off of assists?

5 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Let her know to keep her head up........not that you dont already know what to say?.........let her know Steve Nash made a living off of assists?

Well, she's a keeper, so even the small glory of assists are something she rarely gets. Nothing quite like saving a ripper at full stretch though.

Takes a special breed to enjoy keeper at her age. It can be really boring at times, really nerve racking during others, and everybody notices when the keeper has a bad day, unlike a field player that can get lost in the mix. She's been steady as hell all year though.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Well, she's a keeper, so even the small glory of assists are something she rarely gets. Nothing quite like saving a ripper at full stretch though.

Takes a special breed to enjoy keeper at her age. It can be really boring at times, really nerve racking during others, and everybody notices when the keeper has a bad day, unlike a field player that can get lost in the mix. She's been steady as hell all year though.

I got the heeby jeebies playing keeper in my weekly old fart pickup game the other night. Special breed, indeed. Like you said, keeper mistakes are *always* noticed by *everyone*, and that's just one of the unique challenges of the position. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I got the heeby jeebies playing keeper in my weekly old fart pickup game the other night. Special breed, indeed. Like you said, keeper mistakes are *always* noticed by *everyone*, and that's just one of the unique challenges of the position. 

I must confess in my 51yrs I have never kicked a soccer ball............however, in the 10th grade I could 2 hand dunk a volleyball......note dunk not slam dunk?.........I remember "My Sharona" playing in the background?

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

It was rough to open the season. New coach. 5 or so full practices because of a wet August. Team did not have their feet underneath them at all. She did a damn fine job keeping them in games initially though. Tend to get a lot of opportunities to do that when you’re facing 10+ shots per game.

Probably her best game was a 2-0 loss in that first tournament of the season. Other team must have had 15 shots on frame. Best I’ve ever seen her play, flying all over the place, saving everything at or near full extension. 

Luckily, the ship has righted itself and they’re back to blowing teams out. We’ll see how far they’ve come in the tournament this weekend. Grouped with BUSA’s 07 Hypervenom, who usually plays tournaments in an 06 bracket, some team from Tennessee who is apparently highly ranked, and Briarwood, who beat us 2-1 early this year when Sadie was concussed, both goals coming with her backup in goal before they subbed her back in, but whom I expect we’ll thrash at full strength. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, kevon67 said:

I must confess in my 51yrs I have never kicked a soccer ball............however, in the 10th grade I could 2 hand dunk a volleyball......note dunk not slam dunk?.........I remember "My Sharona" playing in the background?

Played for 20+ years, my older brother before me. My parents were at the community meetings when AD and head football coach Jack Wood was convinced to bring soccer back into the fold at the high school here in Trussville.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, kevon67 said:

2 hands? Nice! I never graduated from a one-handed tennis ball dunk. Also definitely not of the "slam" variety. I was a beast on an 8' goal, though...

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

2 hands? Nice! I never graduated from a one-handed tennis ball dunk. Also definitely not of the "slam" variety. I was a beast on an 8' goal, though...

At 6'5 180 helped..........fast forward to 6'5 315......probably not touching the net?