Marlon Davidson injury

TigerWar

Someone on SEC Rant wrote a post after Saturday's practice that Davidson was carted off the field with an apparent knee injury, which none of the beat writers had a clue about. Brandon Marcello basically mocked the fact that it came from a message board but it turned out that Marlon Davidson wasn't dressed for Monday's scrimmage and when pressed in the post-scrimmage press conference, Gus admitted that he was banged up and out for two or three days. 

Today, James Crepea sited that Davidson was wearing a knee brace and walking with a significant limp.

I certainly hope that this is nothing but a minor injury but I remember Gus' remarks regarding Lawson's hip flexor injury in 2015 and how we could never get a straight answer.

One could argue that Marlon Davidson is our best defensive player so this is like a kick in the nurtz.

Can anyone add to the significance of this leg/knee injury? How serious is it? Surgery? How long will he be out, etc.?

That's ironic that Marcello would dismiss the fact that many message board members have better info/contacts than he does.

Marlon will be fine.

I think it's an MCL sprain, but I don't have any confirmation on that. I heard he should be good to go in another week. Probably won't participate in the scrimmage Saturday, but barring any setbacks, he should be ready for the first game. 

22 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

This isn't gonna last long. Interesting rumor though. 

It's already proven to be true so I'm not sure what you're talking about lulz.

13 minutes ago, boomstick said:

I think it's an MCL sprain, but I don't have any confirmation on that. I heard he should be good to go in another week. Probably won't participate in the scrimmage Saturday, but barring any setbacks, he should be ready for the first game. 

Heck, I just assume we hold him out till Clemson.

48 minutes ago, TigerWar said:

Heck, I just assume we hold him out till Clemson.

I'd think, if he can play, you want him to get reps in the opener to test the leg and to give him some love game action. Maybe he only plays a portion of the game, but I think he needs to play some in that first game. 

3 hours ago, TigerWar said:

It's already proven to be true so I'm not sure what you're talking about lulz.

I didn't realize it was proven true when I typed that...4 hours ago. 

10 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Whispers say knee sprain, day to day. Nothing too serious. Don't freak out yet. 

I remember the Carl Lawson "whispers."

Archived