Let's not forget our OL coach.....

TigerfanKM

Offensive line was, well, offensive and I would rather forget about them.  

Sorry but I am ready for wholesale change.  

16 hours ago, alexava said:

The qb was at fault for about 5 of those sacks. 

LOL...WHO recruited and coached him up since last spring (doh, almost forgot the excuse that CL is the QB coach...so who hired CL?).  That's who is at fault.  Oh, and the guy who hired HH and recruited the O-Lineman that he coached up?

57 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

LOL...WHO recruited and coached him up since last spring (doh, almost forgot the excuse that CL is the QB coach...so who hired CL?).  That's who is at fault.  Oh, and the guy who hired HH and recruited the O-Lineman that he coached up?

This damn topic refers to the Oline coach. I hate to calm your misery but try to stay on topic. 

2 hours ago, alexava said:

This damn topic refers to the Oline coach. I hate to calm your misery but try to stay on topic. 

Agreed.  Why you talking about the QB?  Who hired the O-line coach?  Is that on topic?:dunno:

You are trashing the oline coach. I just pointed out some facts. I will step back and let the misery continue. I don't want the sky to hit me on top the head. 

1 hour ago, alexava said:

You are trashing the oline coach. I just pointed out some facts. I will step back and let the misery continue. I don't want the sky to hit me on top the head. 

Yeah, to some extent.  But it all falls back to GM.  QB recruitment and prep, play calling, offensive scheme, assistant coach hiring, receivers route running, receiver coaching, etc.  I get it.  It's not all HH, but a conglomeration of GM incompetencies.

Nobody is a bigger Herb Hand fan than me but he (and Steele) have decades of outstanding coaching with occasional head scratching decisions. Ole Herb's designed first offensive line play against robo sacker Myles Garrett last season is a perfect example. I'm totally on board with Prince Tego's potential but making his start at a position he's never played in college before, against the best D line in college ball when you have workable seasoned guys with less potential is...odd. Water under the bridge, huge learning experience no doubt for Prince and he'll just improve before we hit the road next month against LSU & aTm. I hope so since Clemson was basically a sacrificial loss for quick experience.

4 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

sacrificial loss

I'm not on board with these type losses.

I'm not on board with MOST losses. I am with recognizing player potential and there are ideal and less than ideal ways to intro talent to top 5 teams, that's the point.

I posted this same point after the game and it was removed...following up on AUBURN2EUGENE, Penn State's OL was the laughing stock of the country his last year as OL coach...and unfortunately it has followed him to Auburn....so you might want to blame the players, BUT the blame needs to be placed on the coach....Herb "Sack'em Hand!!!!!!!!!!  

I remember on twitter Penn State fans were laughing at us when we hired him away and they cited his TFL numbers....yikes

Archived