Any News on Practices?

AuburnNTexas

Player eligibility information will come out when it comes out at this time all we have is conjecture.  Forgetting the eligibility questions I would like some information on how practices have been going. Are practices open or closed?  If open is there any information on how team looks? Do we seem to have an established first unit and second unit? How do the new freshman and transfers look?  If closed does anybody have inside information that can answer the same questions.

AUBURN, Ala. — Auburn coach Bruce Pearl bookended Saturday's scrimmage at Auburn Arena with 10 minute quarters of "best on best." 

The first quarter featured the Orange Team of Davion MitchellMalik DunbarDanjel Purifoy, Desean Murray and Anfernee McLemore taking on the Blue Team of Jared HarperBryce BrownMustapha HeronChuma Okeke and Horace Spencer.

Pearl called the Blue Team’s defense “unacceptable” in the 30-19 loss. 

The other quarter was much more competitive with the Orange Team of Davion MitchellBryce BrownDanjel PurifoyChuma Okeke and Anfernee McLemore taking on the Blue Team of Jared HarperMustapha HeronMalik Dunbar, Desean Murray and Horace Spencer

The Blue Team lead 21-18 with 1:21 to go. Mitchell forced Harper to settle for a long jump shot — he missed — to get one final possession with less than 10 seconds on the clock. Brown hit a buzzer-beater falling out of bounds by his team’s bench to send the game to a two-minute overtime. The Blue Team rebounded in overtime to win 29-21. 

Small forward?

Auburn plans on playing Desean Murray at power forward. Murray is listed on the roster at 6-foot-3. Pearl admits Murray is undersized at the position, but what the junior college transfer lacks in size he makes up for in toughness. Pearl envisions Auburn’s size elsewhere on the floor helping balance out the lineup whenever Murray is on the court.

“There’s no question are wings are going to be really big,” Pearl said referencing Mustapha Heron (6-foot-5), Malik Dunbar (6-foot-6) and Danjel Purifoy (6-foot-7).

https://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Inside-Auburn-basketballs-first-preseason-scrimmage-108584352/Amp

the article goes into more than what I pasted. Not sure what else is known. 

My Orange and blue glasses see the part I bolded as hopefully a reference is Wiley. 

I like seeing the praise for Murray. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a big part of this team, especially early on.

2 hours ago, alexava said:

I haven't followed the last week or so.    Is Wiley officially done? From the link everyone else ok? Sorry for being lazy.

Wiley is recovering from a stress fracture. Some say he'll be ready for the season's start.

On 10/9/2017 at 4:15 PM, Charhair said:

AUBURN, Ala. — Auburn coach Bruce Pearl bookended Saturday's scrimmage at Auburn Arena with 10 minute quarters of "best on best." 

The first quarter featured the Orange Team of Davion MitchellMalik DunbarDanjel Purifoy, Desean Murray and Anfernee McLemore taking on the Blue Team of Jared HarperBryce BrownMustapha HeronChuma Okeke and Horace Spencer.

Pearl called the Blue Team’s defense “unacceptable” in the 30-19 loss. 

The other quarter was much more competitive with the Orange Team of Davion MitchellBryce BrownDanjel PurifoyChuma Okeke and Anfernee McLemore taking on the Blue Team of Jared HarperMustapha HeronMalik Dunbar, Desean Murray and Horace Spencer

The Blue Team lead 21-18 with 1:21 to go. Mitchell forced Harper to settle for a long jump shot — he missed — to get one final possession with less than 10 seconds on the clock. Brown hit a buzzer-beater falling out of bounds by his team’s bench to send the game to a two-minute overtime. The Blue Team rebounded in overtime to win 29-21. 

Small forward?

Auburn plans on playing Desean Murray at power forward. Murray is listed on the roster at 6-foot-3. Pearl admits Murray is undersized at the position, but what the junior college transfer lacks in size he makes up for in toughness. Pearl envisions Auburn’s size elsewhere on the floor helping balance out the lineup whenever Murray is on the court.

“There’s no question are wings are going to be really big,” Pearl said referencing Mustapha Heron (6-foot-5), Malik Dunbar (6-foot-6) and Danjel Purifoy (6-foot-7).

https://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Inside-Auburn-basketballs-first-preseason-scrimmage-108584352/Amp

the article goes into more than what I pasted. Not sure what else is known. 

My Orange and blue glasses see the part I bolded as hopefully a reference is Wiley. 

I like seeing the praise for Murray. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a big part of this team, especially early on.

Thanks for posting. Hard to get pumped for bball season when we aren't sure who will be playing. Based on the linups posted and the result of the scrimmages.....i interpreted that to mean Dunbar and Murray are going to be key cogs when it comes to improving our D. Not suprised to read that the this combo of players would struggle on D Jared Harper, Bryce Brown, Mustapha Heron, Chuma Okeke and Horace Spencer. 

On 10/11/2017 at 8:53 AM, gravejd said:

Thanks for posting. Hard to get pumped for bball season when we aren't sure who will be playing. Based on the linups posted and the result of the scrimmages.....i interpreted that to mean Dunbar and Murray are going to be key cogs when it comes to improving our D. Not suprised to read that the this combo of players would struggle on D Jared Harper, Bryce Brown, Mustapha Heron, Chuma Okeke and Horace Spencer. 

I think Murray will play a lot early on, especially if Wiley is out/recovering. 

Wouldnt be surprised to see chuma chip away at his minutes. 

I heard Spencer has been looking good at 5, not sure if that frees up minutes at the 4 or just takes away from an already talented position (assuming Danjel would be the third or fourth go-to at the four) 

I think Harper will be much improved come the start of the season. At least compared to where most people think he was/is. Davion pushing him has been really good for him, apparently. 

Thanks for the reports. The Chuck Person thing and the two unnamed players /families has me in a total funk about basketball. 

Would like to get excited about the upcoming season but it does not feel good.

I'm glad to hear something positive about our defense! Especially if it was against an ACC team even though GT has not been good in a while. It's still a Power 5 D-1 

Several people have said the additions in this last class plus Murray have made a significant impact defensively. Sounds like we could go Davion, Bryce, Dunbar, Murray, Spencer and have a really good defensive group.

Archived