ESPN OTL Report on Auburn football, AD

WDE_OxPx_2010

A few thoughts:

1) typical ESPN OTL. 1 part soft scandal with no substance, then mix with previously published info as if new story. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

2) I want a job with the law firm. I'd be rich. 

3) I know most if not all of the mentors personally and this has trash all over it. Particularly given the rather direct opposition to the story publicly, this doesn't worry me. Compare this reaction to the Person or even softball story.

4) Bama being bama. I'm not a total conspiracist but it's too often to ignore.

5) Jacobs still needs to go. Time to get a new face if for nothing else just to wash the windows.

in other news, I'm upgrading Hortons status for the weekend to questionable at 50/50 and T Williams to questionable at 70% chance of return this week.  We shall see. Expecting our secondary to be back in full strength.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

**** ****, ***** ****. ****!!!! 

Now that I got that out of the way.... Are you freaking serious? Even if we are clean damage has been done in the perception department. Hopefully this is nothing at all. 

Could this be Antuan Jackson related? Urban loves to to undercut us when we have a stud QB and are a real Threat. Totally throwing ideas out randomly here... What former player could have a reason to do this? 

7 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

5) Jacobs still needs to go. Time to get a new face if for nothing else just to wash the windows.

Yep. I wonder if Leath created this rumor to finish him off ?

6 minutes ago, Tiger said:

**** ****, ***** ****. ****!!!! 

Now that I got that out of the way.... Are you freaking serious? Even if we are clean damage has been done in the perception department. Hopefully this is nothing at all. 

Only damage done is making us mad for putting out this hit-piece garbage non-story. 

34 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am so tired of this clown as well. IDK WTF his problem is but he always has snide comments about Auburn and cheating.

You are seriously my favorite poster.  I don't agree with everything you post, but I love your passion...keep it up.

16 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

And you are the most trustworthy.  This should not be ignored.  You also keep up the good work.

Just now, PowerOfDixieland said:

You are seriously my favorite poster.  I don't agree with everything you post, but I love your passion...keep it up.

Thanks fam!!! I just hate these same usual suspects in the national media WHO HAVE NOT A CLUE on the comings and goings every day at Auburn who constantly post passive aggressive negative BS about Auburn University. With Schlabach it makes sense since he is a pup but wolken and forde are guys not in the sec footprint.

Sounds just like the situation at free shoe u, during 2013. We have a topic on it in the Rivals section, here is the article. They also did an internal investigation, found no problem and moved on. NCAA said it was a school issue not theirs. The tutor had tons of evidence and emails. 

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/09/01/sports/ncaafootball/florida-state-football.html?mcubz=1&referer=https://www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/158265-florida-state-2013-allegations/

Bottom line is, if they can do it as blatantly obvious as that and get away with it, then the precedence has been set and we will be fine.

Auburn has been investigating it for two months at least and the person making the accusation has yet to produce any proof and the law firm we hired has yet to find any.  The player in question has denied it and the mentor denies it as well.

I'm calling BS.

46 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

I love how they start the article with absolutely no substance, then, just to be thorough, add 3 or 4 pages of everything that's ever gone wrong at Auburn. Classic drive-by media. Espn is coming up on a crossroads, I believe. People are getting tired of them. I think half the ratings problems with NFL is not people avoiding NFL, they're avoiding the networks. Enjoy your lay-offs espn!

Bingo. I was just about to post that too. Why go so in depth about the bball and sftball in an article about football? Just another chance to drum up dirt on AU. You're right about ESPN. I've grown tired of being lectured to by the social justice warriors on all their shows. Just give me sports.

2 hours ago, OnthePlains said:

Bingo. I was just about to post that too. Why go so in depth about the bball and sftball in an article about football? Just another chance to drum up dirt on AU. You're right about ESPN. I've grown tired of being lectured to by the social justice warriors on all their shows. Just give me sports.

I too am tired of the social commentary spewed by ESPN. 

the trailer park dwelling rednecks are suffering from AU Fear. Love it. 

Just like the Cam stuff it doesn't matter whether it's true or not.  Anyone outside of Auburn see's the headline and thinks it's true.  Damage is done already.

lol been working on this story for months and MSESPN cannot even get their story right......... I see you are getting the most out of that thuga degree Schlabach!!!!!!

50 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Just like the Cam stuff it doesn't matter whether it's true or not.  Anyone outside of Auburn see's the headline and thinks it's true.  Damage is done already.

No real further damage here.  Everyone outside of Auburn already thinks we are cheaters anyway from the Cam deal.  I hear it all the time.  Had a new co-worker say something at lunch the other day about us buying Cam.  It never changes with the media in relation to Auburn. 

13 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

been working on this story for months and MSESPN cannot even get their story right

Welp, guess squash my previous theory. Possibly Jovon.

1 hour ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Yep. I wonder if Leath created this rumor to finish him off ?

You don't think that if JJ is gone that this kind of stuff will stop do you?      ESPN can publish it's BS anytime it chooses and I doubt that anyone there cares who our AD is....and in fact, seems  that they generally like JJ so does not appear he is the target anyway.

2 hours ago, cbsTiger said:

I called this one on Monday: Auburn is starting to look like it might be a threat to the bama and the REC is going to get its media contacts going on an 'Auburn is Dirty' story. 

This. Anyone with a brain and knows how the darkside works could see this coming. This is just the start, expect more fake news.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

You don't think that if JJ is gone that this kind of stuff will stop do you?      ESPN can publish it's BS anytime it chooses and I doubt that anyone there cares who our AD is....and in fact, seems  that they generally like JJ so does not appear he is the target anyway.

Of course not, absolutely I realize it will continue. I'm just kidding. 

2 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Of course not, absolutely I realize it will continue. I'm just kidding. 

Figured that ...should not have copied your quote.  Sorry....but seems some others want to use this unsupported allegation as more justification to dump JJ....as if this is a real story or something.  A bunch of BSPN people will never forget Cam...and will use anything to provide an opportunity to rehash that story.   I just hate to see any AU person give them the appearance legitimacy.

Somebody tweeted this a couple years ago and I wish I could remember who it was so I could credit them, but it's so true:

"Busting Auburn is the journalistic Sword in the Stone"

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Thanks fam!!! I just hate these same usual suspects in the national media WHO HAVE NOT A CLUE on the comings and goings every day at Auburn who constantly post passive aggressive negative BS about Auburn University. With Schlabach it makes sense since he is a pup but wolken and forde are guys not in the sec footprint.

The guys you mentioned once had dreams of become the next Howard Costello or Frank DeFord. They turned around and were middle aged guys tweeting out links to click bait articles an 8th grader could produce. Has to be tough to take. 

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol been working on this story for months and MSESPN cannot even get their story right......... I see you are getting the most out of that thuga degree Schlabach!!!!!!

As if I couldn’t possibly want to knock the stuffing out of UGA even more this year.

Funny they toss in that crap about Sonny Golloway at the end...lol. This is nothing. FSU had something similar this year and it was blown off as nothing. This is classic crap from the Bama machine. 

Archived