Softball vs. uat

good win! Gotta learn how to get those bases loaded situations to where we score big! Tomorrow game 3 take the series and start winning in the SEC.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't get to see much of the game tonight.  I had a huge wedding to attend.  I did slip a peek every now and then to check score and stats.  Great win!!!  It looks like Martin pitched a gem. Coach Dean broke the ice with his first conference win.  Hopefully, we can get another tomorrow.   War Eagle Ladies!!

Sunday's game has been moved to 1pm start time, trying to get it in ahead of anticipated weather.

Good game tonight, need to get hits with RISP.  Early on, Veach took a called strike and you could see the disgust on her face disagreeing with the call.  CMD got on the umpire and had a "discussion"  not sure what it was about.  I think the called strike was a good call, but maybe not a consistent with us getting that same pitch.  Anyway, it seemed to fire up the girls and that is when Veach hit the double to score Perry for the first run.  To me, that is a sign that things are starting to gel for the Coach and the Team.

9 hours ago, GBAU83 said:

Sunday's game has been moved to 1pm start time, trying to get it in ahead of anticipated weather.

Good game tonight, need to get hits with RISP.  Early on, Veach took a called strike and you could see the disgust on her face disagreeing with the call.  CMD got on the umpire and had a "discussion"  not sure what it was about.  I think the called strike was a good call, but maybe not a consistent with us getting that same pitch.  Anyway, it seemed to fire up the girls and that is when Veach hit the double to score Perry for the first run.  To me, that is a sign that things are starting to gel for the Coach and the Team.

The game will be streamed live on the WatchESPN app then replayed at the scheduled time of 5PM on SEC Network. 

11 hours ago, GBAU83 said:

I thought that pitch to Veach was inside.  Anyway, after that, I thought the ball/strike calls were good, with Martin maybe getting one or two that were slightly out.

12 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

Waiting for @Hspoprn to make a post on this win since he/she was so quick to knock the team after yesterday's loss.

My post was about our teams performance against SEC teams under our new coach (1W, 4L) . Thrilled that we won an SEC game, especially against Bammer, still not impressed with the coach.

Last night we faced a freshman pitcher who, at times, appeared to believe that she was bowling instead of pitching, and some of our batters (not ready to call them hitters yet) appeared to believe that they were playing cricket instead of softball. 

Martin was pure gold last night. We have a great pitching staff. Lots of potential for this team, and we have to find a way to improve our performance at the plate, especially with RISP.

If Dean is as good as some think that he is, we will improve steadily throughout the year. Looking forward to todays game and hoping we get the job done against a quality pitcher.

WDE

Archived