Hello from the Indianapolis 500!

abw0004

I am jealous.  I hate it that I completely forgot it was on yesterday.  I have toured the pit at Texas Motor speedway,  and camped in the infield at Talledega a few times for Nascar.  To be at the Indy 500 would be pretty special.  How loud does it get with Indy cars?

Been to the 500 a couple of times when I work for a company based out of Indy. Not a race car guy but it scared the crap out of me watching the cars go over 200 mph zing zing zing all I heard 

On 5/28/2018 at 11:21 AM, AUBwins said:

I am jealous.  I hate it that I completely forgot it was on yesterday.  I have toured the pit at Texas Motor speedway,  and camped in the infield at Talledega a few times for Nascar.  To be at the Indy 500 would be pretty special.  How loud does it get with Indy cars?

It is pretty loud.  Enough to force you to wear ear plugs.  I don’t know if my video above is working, but it is hard to describe.  Much different race than watching on tv.  A lot more fun in person.  NASCAR is hard to compare to this too.  NASCAR is basically refrigerators driving in a circle where these go about 60 mph faster and have road courses as well they have to drive.  They are pretty much airplanes that have spoilers to keep them on the ground.  The second the tires touch between two cars, the Indy Cars get airborne.  If you watched the race, our box was right in turn 3 where all of the crashes were.  

Archived