All Things Shaun "Worm" Shivers (merged threads)

Momma Worm

4 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

Its Fan Day️ #WarEagle🦅

My husband and I were going to come, but I've gotten a cold from one of the little munchkins  in my class and feel like poop. Hope you get to spend some quality time with your boy. Also, get some new inside information for us!!! 😂😂😂 (These guys need something different to talk (argue) about!) 😂😂😂

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 3rdgeneration said:

My husband and I were going to come, but I've gotten a cold from one of the little munchkins  in my class and feel like poop. Hope you get to spend some quality time with your boy. Also, get some new inside information for us!!! 😂😂😂 (These guys need something different to talk (argue) about!) 😂😂😂

Feel better 3rdGen!!!

We just had Meet the Teacher day on Thursday as Fla starts school this coming Monday.

I expect we'll have colds within a week or two. 🙄

34 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Feel better 3rdGen!!!

We just had Meet the Teacher day on Thursday as Fla starts school this coming Monday.

I expect we'll have colds within a week or two. 🙄

Hey, you stay away from those germs, okay???? How are you doing these days? Love seeing your posts on here. Your sense of humor is definitely not gone. 🙂

22 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Hey, you stay away from those germs, okay???? How are you doing these days? Love seeing your posts on here. Your sense of humor is definitely not gone. 🙂

No doubt.  Germs are not my friend at this time!!

Thank you for the kind words, I appreciate it.  I fully admit that my sense of humor can be an aquired taste but there's way too much uber-negative seriousness in the country/world anymore. 

Not that I'm perfect....and I can certainly be negative & critical of the program sometimes.....however, I'm going to enjoy watching football and sharing thoughts with my AUFamily but mostly, regardless of my condition, I want to be remembered as a guy who makes people smile and, I pray, to represent our Lord & Savior in a way that makes Him pleased.

As for how I'm doing?  We are praying 🙏 and confident to get excellent news on Monday with my Oncologist.  I just had a Pet Scan this past Tuesday and my radiation Dr is confident too!!!  We're nervous but excited!  Thanks so much for asking.

God bless & War Eagle!

2 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Thank you for the kind words, I appreciate it.  I fully admit that my sense of humor can be an aquired taste but there's way too much uber-negative seriousness in the country/world anymore. 

Not that I'm perfect....and I can certainly be negative & critical of the program sometimes.....but I'm going to enjoy watching football and sharing thoughts with my AUFamily but mostly, regardless of my condition, I want to be remembered as a guy who makes people smile and, I pray, to represent our Lord & Savior in a way that makes Him pleased.

As for how I'm doing?  We are praying 🙏 and confident to get excellent news on Monday with my Oncologist.  I just had a Pet Scan this past Tuesday and my radiation Dr is confident too!!!  We're nervous but excited!  Thanks so much for asking.

God bless & War Eagle!

Glad I know about this. We will be waiting anxiously!!!

The worm has turned12COMMENTS

While his signing was thought by some to be just for a back who could be a change-of-pace back in Auburn’s system, sophomore speedster Shaun Shivers has quietly turned into a player who could see much more work than even we previously thought. Coming into preseason camp I envisioned Shivers as a player who could get 8-10 touches per game and be a good complement to starter Boobee Whitlow, but as he’s continued to stand out in practices and lead off the field and in the meeting room, Shivers has put himself in a position to become a bigger part of things.

A player Gus Malzahn saw something in long before most other programs with many of the top schools shying away from him because of his size, including all of the big schools in Florida where he grew up, Shivers could be one of the breakout stars for the offense if he continues his progression at the position throughout the fall after spending the spring running track for the Tigers.

7 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

Shaun Shivers has quietly turned into a player who could see much more work than even we previously thought.

Quietly?!? Jason hasn't been keeping up with this thread or your, @bigbird's and my posts. :) 

30 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Quietly?!? Jason hasn't been keeping up with this thread or your, @bigbird's and my posts. :) 

Been saying it till I was yellow I the face.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Or our training camp threads  where it’s been talked about as much or more.

35 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Not possible. You’ve been around longer than worm. LOL

We should just change our offense into a hybrid Wildcat/Chinese Fire drill offense and start 4 RBs in the back field since we have such an abundance of talent there 😅

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

When your face is already yellow, doesn’t sound like much effort haha

On 8/10/2019 at 2:15 PM, AUsince72 said:

Not that I'm perfect....and I can certainly be negative & critical of the program sometimes.....however, I'm going to enjoy watching football and sharing thoughts with my AUFamily but mostly, regardless of my condition, I want to be remembered as a guy who makes people smile and, I pray, to represent our Lord & Savior in a way that makes Him pleased.

God bless & War Eagle!

I’m still in your corner brother, like Mick to Rocky. We got this champ!

55 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

We should just change our offense into a hybrid Wildcat/Chinese Fire drill offense and start 4 RBs in the back field since we have such an abundance of talent there 😅

Just make sure one of them does a 360° spin after every snap.

17 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

You have no face its just big hairy mess

They're feathers, not hair....numbnuts!

This was posted in the Athletic this afternoon:

Running backs coach Carnell “Cadillac” Williams

• It’s safe to say Williams takes ball security quite seriously: “We carry the hopes and dreams of the team when we carry that football. Protecting that football is our No. 1 job, and I let those guys know, if you fumble, you cannot play here.” Williams went on to say that some fumbles are going to happen, but Auburn coaches won’t tolerate them if they’re the product of bad technique. The Tigers have had extra work on ball security drills after practice during fall camp.

• When asked about which running back reminds Williams of himself the most, the first-year coach went with a somewhat surprising answer — sophomore Shaun Shivers. “I’m telling you man, this guy lights up a room. And it’s contagious. He’s great not only for my room, but for Auburn. … That guy, if he’s ever having a bad day, I don’t know. He’s always got a smile on his face.” Shivers has also been putting smiles on his coaches’ faces throughout fall camp with several explosive runs in practice.

• Williams said some of the moves putting younger running backs in with the first-team offense this offseason have been by design. Auburn is looking to build a reliable rotation, because the back who once split carries with Ronnie Brown, Brandon Jacobs and Tre Smith knows the importance of keeping things fresh: “The ball is gonna find whoever puts in the work, and whoever wants it. So I mean, who knows how this thing is gonna play out? I’m sure it could (change on a) game-by-game basis, how guys are doing, who’s hot. But we want to keep our guys fresh, and we want to have a couple guys that are ready to play. Because in the SEC, backs are gonna get banged up.”

10 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

This was posted in the Athletic this afternoon:

Running backs coach Carnell “Cadillac” Williams

• It’s safe to say Williams takes ball security quite seriously: “We carry the hopes and dreams of the team when we carry that football. Protecting that football is our No. 1 job, and I let those guys know, if you fumble, you cannot play here.” Williams went on to say that some fumbles are going to happen, but Auburn coaches won’t tolerate them if they’re the product of bad technique. The Tigers have had extra work on ball security drills after practice during fall camp.

• When asked about which running back reminds Williams of himself the most, the first-year coach went with a somewhat surprising answer — sophomore Shaun Shivers. “I’m telling you man, this guy lights up a room. And it’s contagious. He’s great not only for my room, but for Auburn. … That guy, if he’s ever having a bad day, I don’t know. He’s always got a smile on his face.” Shivers has also been putting smiles on his coaches’ faces throughout fall camp with several explosive runs in practice.

• Williams said some of the moves putting younger running backs in with the first-team offense this offseason have been by design. Auburn is looking to build a reliable rotation, because the back who once split carries with Ronnie Brown, Brandon Jacobs and Tre Smith knows the importance of keeping things fresh: “The ball is gonna find whoever puts in the work, and whoever wants it. So I mean, who knows how this thing is gonna play out? I’m sure it could (change on a) game-by-game basis, how guys are doing, who’s hot. But we want to keep our guys fresh, and we want to have a couple guys that are ready to play. Because in the SEC, backs are gonna get banged up.”

Really love our RBs. I hope they all can show what they are capable of.  For those assuming Worm can just be a Onterio Mcalebb 2.0 think about this for a second. He played LB in a very tough conference in Florida in HS. A kid doing that has the desire & toughness required to be more than just be a speed parameter back.

Archived