All Things Shaun "Worm" Shivers (merged threads)

Momma Worm

I don't know.  Still looks small to me.

Here, let me put on my spectacles and look again....

d6337331ac0fc35c3a9014af7bf42c25.gif

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/8/2020 at 7:21 AM, McLoofus said:

Episode 8 Holy Crap GIF by Shameless - Find & Share on GIPHY

Still not wrapping my head around it. Some people are genetically blessed. Some people simply work hard. Some have the rare combination of both. Worm is a freak, y'all. 

On 5/7/2020 at 8:50 PM, Momma Worm said:

Silently working.... this is how & why he is able to make plays like the classic Iron Bowl play.... getting it from the muscle! Dont sleep it’s a lot of pressure in that frame with a huge ❤️ & NO FEAR️#HeartOverHeight #UnderDog #WarEagle

E5E3559D-71C3-43BF-957B-5C61AA1C92E7.jpeg

57F3C0B5-0F04-4E0A-ADAC-9C94BBF8B7A7.jpeg

80F5021D-8F89-4BDC-A380-B91C645C828A.jpeg

Momma Worm....

With your permission, I'm going to show these pictures to my cancer cells and see if that won't scare them away.

😁

I've been high on Worm since the day he came on my radar as a recruit, and I've been pretty unhappy with the amount of playing time he's gotten. I know we have DJ Williams returning from last year, as well as former top-100 prospect Mark-Antony Richards coming off a redshirt, and of course Tank Bigsby, the first 5* running back we've signed in forever (not to mention Harold Joiner, who some fans say is the best of the bunch), but I REALLY hope Chad Morris finds ways to get Shaun's speed and athleticism on the field offensively this season. He's too dangerous to be limited to kickoffs and a couple of special plays drawn up for him.

On 5/12/2020 at 5:09 PM, Rednilla said:

I've been high on Worm since the day he came on my radar as a recruit, and I've been pretty unhappy with the amount of playing time he's gotten. I know we have DJ Williams returning from last year, as well as former top-100 prospect Mark-Antony Richards coming off a redshirt, and of course Tank Bigsby, the first 5* running back we've signed in forever (not to mention Harold Joiner, who some fans say is the best of the bunch), but I REALLY hope Chad Morris finds ways to get Shaun's speed and athleticism on the field offensively this season. He's too dangerous to be limited to kickoffs and a couple of special plays drawn up for him.

I have no chance of finding the quote. Don't even remember who shared it. Might not have even been a direct quote. But somebody whose opinion and information I trust said that Gus loves the way Shaun runs, but just doesn't see him as a workhorse SEC back or something like that. 

I'll just leave it there and let everyone interpret it how they wish. But I know how I interpret it and, yes, let's hope Chad takes the reigns and puts the best players on the field and lets them make plays. 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I have no chance of finding the quote. Don't even remember who shared it. Might not have even been a direct quote. But somebody whose opinion and information I trust said that Gus loves the way Shaun runs, but just doesn't see him as a workhorse SEC back or something like that. 

I'll just leave it there and let everyone interpret it how they wish. But I know how I interpret it and, yes, let's hope Chad takes the reigns and puts the best players on the field and lets them make plays. 

This is a crazy idea, but what if the coaches put in the best RB and gave them the ball as long as they were having success. Maybe the best way to find out if someone is a workhorse is to keep running them. 

6 minutes ago, Grumps said:

This is a crazy idea, but what if the coaches put in the best RB and gave them the ball as long as they were having success. Maybe the best way to find out if someone is a workhorse is to keep running them. 

Exactly.

For some guys, apologists say that they need 25 carries a game so they can get going and get stronger as the game goes on. But for other guys, those apologists didn't like what they saw on that one carry in the 2nd quarter when the dude went in cold to run one play right up the right guard's ass, so why would we ever bother giving him a 2nd carry? 

#FEEDWORM

Archived