All Things Shaun "Worm" Shivers (merged threads)

Momma Worm

Just get him the dang ball within the actual offense. Not just gadget plays. He can get the tough interior yards. He obviously can get outside. The kid is going to be devastating to defenses if Gus uses him properly.

I hate the new kickoff rules where they mostly end in touchbacks. Worm could really make teams pay there. Here's to hoping we face some weak kickers this year.

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love this video.  I'm gonna call him, "Little Ball of Love"...no homo.

I have high hopes....but this year everybody is going to have to show it to me. I'm grumpy old man this season. Tired of the same ol same ol

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

Just get him the dang ball within the actual offense. Not just gadget plays. He can get the tough interior yards. He obviously can get outside. The kid is going to be devastating to defenses if Gus uses him properly.

I hate the new kickoff rules where they mostly end in touchbacks. Worm could really make teams pay there. Here's to hoping we face some weak kickers this year.

I also am hoping he gets more "standard" usage so that he can produce as a true running back and not just "gadget" plays. That would be a total lack ofutililization by CGM. I am hoping and praying that CGM really does manage to overcome his tendencies and have player sets that allow true HUNH/Option game play calling without having to substitute and kill any effectiveness that would have been gained.

15 minutes ago, au701948 said:

I also am hoping he gets more "standard" usage so that he can produce as a true running back and not just "gadget" plays. That would be a total lack ofutililization by CGM. I am hoping and praying that CGM really does manage to overcome his tendencies and have player sets that allow true HUNH/Option game play calling without having to substitute and kill any effectiveness that would have been gained.

You and me both! Lets hope we see some of it this weekend. Last year we did some different things in week 1 then fell right back into the same ole BS

On 8/27/2019 at 1:32 PM, ellitor said:

^^^^Should have been if it weren't for a phantom call against Bama...

That call was a "classic" call for Tuscaloosa. Really low that is was called by the refs.

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

You and me both! Lets hope we see some of it this weekend. Last year we did some different things in week 1 then fell right back into the same ole BS

This year I am praying that CGM has a "pride" thing going on about working hard every week to keep his job. It will just have to be that way.

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

I have high hopes....but this year everybody is going to have to show it to me. I'm grumpy old man this season. Tired of the same ol same ol

This season?

17 minutes ago, bigbird said:

This season?

As far as hype yes. I'm usually lenient on players.....I mean I don't do the this guy made two plays he's all American like many on here do but I was one of the first last year to say shivers should be starting after watching a few of his runs so I love the guy but I'm saying this season I'm not giving any passes, I'll give Bo a few but that's it. This season I'm not with the cuddles. Just because a guy makes a big catch he's not the best in the nation....one sack won't do it, it will be about consistency.

Lord knows what we're already doing with Bo, it doesn't look like our best wr is starting but I know he had a bunch of hype, our backs, our d line. I think our safeties are super hyped....I need to see it. No more crowning guys. Have to pay the cost to be a boss so to speak. That especially goes for coaches!

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

Your in good company!

Auburn Football may have "Riding For The Brand" as their 2019 motto but the Auburn Fans' 2019 motto is "Missouri"!

• 1 month later...

Resurrecting this thread since it's about him, I know most of the talk (and it's warranted) is about Gus and Bo's continued accuracy trouble...

But this dude WORM had one of the hardest runs I've seen from anyone at AU this year on that toss for like 4 yards.

How you see a man running with that much intensity and decide 4 carries is enough is beyond me.

22 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

Resurrecting this thread since it's about him, I know most of the talk (and it's warranted) is about Gus and Bo's continued accuracy trouble...

But this dude WORM had one of the hardest runs I've seen from anyone at AU this year on that toss for like 4 yards.

How you see a man running with that much intensity and decide 4 carries is enough is beyond me.

This^^^^^^^.......dudes legs never stop moving and is not afraid to lower his head.......said earlier he was a couple of carries from taking one to the house.......baffles me to pull him while he was hot.

21 hours ago, kevon67 said:

This^^^^^^^.......dudes legs never stop moving and is not afraid to lower his head.......said earlier he was a couple of carries from taking one to the house.......baffles me to pull him while he was hot.

Gus does not value toughness on offense. Nothing could be more clear at this point. We are soft, we've been soft, we will continue to be soft. While warriors like Worm stand on the sideline watching a bunch of teddy bears get pushed around. 

There's still not been any confirmation but if Worm really did get benched for UF because of that pre-game pattycake, 1) it wouldn't surprise me and 2) that tells you all you need to know about the guy making the big decisions on offense. 

12 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Worm was running with a purpose on Saturday.  So was DJ. Britt was an animal on D. 

Wasted.

Indeed he was, his legs never stopped.  I love watching that guy get the ball, he definitely makes the most of his opportunities.  

I finally started to see the light with Worm in the LSU game. That one run where he ran through the tackle to turn a sure loss into about a five yard game gave me hope he can be an SEC RB. He still has a ways to go but i see the possibility now. 

22 hours ago, Mims44 said:

After that run I told my son that Worm has the biggest heart on the team!  Kudos to him.

I love his running style. He runs with pure, unadulterated aggression and he always delivers the hit to the defender! Fast as lightning and hard as nails!

Reminds me of a younger me, okay, not really! 😁

• 6 months later...

Silently working.... this is how & why he is able to make plays like the classic Iron Bowl play.... getting it from the muscle! Dont sleep it’s a lot of pressure in that frame with a huge ❤️ & NO FEAR️#HeartOverHeight #UnderDog #WarEagle

E5E3559D-71C3-43BF-957B-5C61AA1C92E7.jpeg

57F3C0B5-0F04-4E0A-ADAC-9C94BBF8B7A7.jpeg

80F5021D-8F89-4BDC-A380-B91C645C828A.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

Silently working.... this is how & why he is able to make plays like the classic Iron Bowl play.... getting it from the muscle! Dont sleep it’s a lot of pressure in that frame with a huge ❤️ & NO FEAR️#HeartOverHeight #UnderDog #WarEagle IMG_6080.MOV 6.13 MB · 1 download IMG_6080.MOV 6.13 MB · 1 download IMG_6080.MOV 6.13 MB · 1 download IMG_6080.MOV 6.13 MB · 1 download IMG_6080.MOV 6.13 MB · 1 download IMG_6080.MOV 6.13 MB · 1 download

IMG_6082.MOV IMG_6081.MOV

tenor.gif

Get it!  Was just watching the LSU game last year because I’m bored and he had some great runs in the 1st qtr.  put him on the outside against LBs and Dbs and he’ll eat them up with his speed and determination.  I’m excited about his opportunities this season.

11 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

Silently working.... this is how & why he is able to make plays like the classic Iron Bowl play.... getting it from the muscle! Dont sleep it’s a lot of pressure in that frame with a huge ❤️ & NO FEAR️#HeartOverHeight #UnderDog #WarEagle IMG_6081.MOVUnavailable

Come on now, Momma. We're Auburn fans. We know a Takeo Spikes picture when we see one. That's not Worm. That's a 242 lb linebacker and we all know it. 

Episode 8 Holy Crap GIF by Shameless - Find & Share on GIPHY

Archived