Disappointment

AURex

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/20/2018 at 9:50 AM, Gowebb11 said:

I’m assuming it would work like this: If LSU wins out, they would have beaten Bama.and we win out, so would we. So Bama would have two losses, and us one. That said, its waaaayyyy too early to think about it all. We just need to focus on Arky and getting better for now. WDE!!!

One game at a time!

22 hours ago, triangletiger said:

How about a limerick?

There once was a QB named Stidham,

Whose offfensive line never hid him

From the opposing onslaught.

Happy feet were thus wrought,

The pressure, it sometimes undid him.

Brilliant!

3 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

You can't win them all

but some losses make me sick

War Eagle always

you can sure win the ones we are supposed to. Auburn fans are being trained to accept, oh baby it's ok.

Some teams don't accept that attitude.

55 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

you can sure win the ones we are supposed to. Auburn fans are being trained to accept, oh baby it's ok.

Some teams don't accept that attitude.

I agree to an extent, but this isn't Tubbs losing to Arkansas in 2006. I thought last Saturday was a lock. Then I saw how talented guys like White, Delpit, Williams, and Lawrence were. LSU has a legit, NFL-packed defense. We should have still beaten them, barring 3 crucial blown ref calls in the final 7 minutes, but they are a quality team.

9 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Play calling in the LSU game was not the problem.

Spot on other than going for it on 4th down early in the game with our staff knowing our OLs struggles full well.

On 9/20/2018 at 7:05 AM, abw0004 said:

I would say we still control our destiny to the CFP.  If we win out there is no way they can keep us out, even if we miss the SEC Championship because LSU is somehow there.  Right now we are 9th.  If we beat Alabama and UGA, top 4 teams, those two wins right there would merit a jump into the top 5 at least.  We just need to turn it on like we did after the LSU loss in 2013 and 2017.

We do because we have to win them all.  But, we still need a little help from others. LSU has to lose at least one, better if two.  As for the national picture, OSU, Clemson and Oklahoma need a loss as well, preferably late to a surprise team. 

On 9/20/2018 at 9:52 AM, Auburn2Eugene said:

No, and maybe it is 73% or could be 69%, I dont have the exact numbers. But if you can't tell we are still rushing up to the line and running it up the gut after a 1st down, you aren't paying attention. 

Thanks for letting us know you really don't know. ?

Archived