Disappointment

AURex

5 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

No, and maybe it is 73% or could be 69%, I dont have the exact numbers. But if you can't tell we are still rushing up to the line and running it up the gut after a 1st down, you aren't paying attention. 

It's much less than last year.  You just notice it more because it was such a ridiculous trend then.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Lsu was better prepared than Auburn. We thought we could just show up, home game, media hype all picking Auburn, long home game winning streak, no one seemed worriedno sense of urgency or concern from the coaches until the first quarter. Then it's too late or oops we have a problem. Get a good lead, then settle back down everyone saw it coming but coaches panicked didn't know what to do because of poor preparation, plus add the heat and bad officiating..perfect storm for a well prepared LSU team.

Bottom line coaches haven't learned anything, Auburn being a young team needs strong leadership from the sideline and the field. Instead ahhh that's ok , we will fix it (will they?) and get ready for Arkansas. Don't want to embarrass your buddy Arky coach, Gus? well you better. Win by 6 touchdowns or more.

i think the coaches wanted the lsu game so bad some overthinking might have been involved. but people are quick to forget lsu had a lot to do with us losing as well.

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

I would say we still control our destiny to the CFP.  If we win out there is no way they can keep us out, even if we miss the SEC Championship because LSU is somehow there.  Right now we are 9th.  If we beat Alabama and UGA, top 4 teams, those two wins right there would merit a jump into the top 5 at least.  We just need to turn it on like we did after the LSU loss in 2013 and 2017.

Being 9th right now means absolutely nothing.  I said it in another thread: the AP and Coaches polls don't matter.  The playoff committee doesn't even take them into consideration.

And DAG is right.  If OU, OSU, and Clemson all go undefeated as conference champs, only the SEC champ gets in as the 4th team in that mix.  Honestly, we aren't making the playoffs.  My goal is simply a 10 win season.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Being 9th right now means absolutely nothing.  I said it in another thread: the AP and Coaches polls don't matter.  The playoff committee doesn't even take them into consideration.

And DAG is right.  If OU, OSU, and Clemson all go undefeated as conference champs, only the SEC champ gets in as the 4th team in that mix.  Honestly, we aren't making the playoffs.  My goal is simply a 10 win season.

You wont see two SEC teams in the playoffs this year, unless other teams nationwide fall apart

23 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

While not 1 to 1 ratio, it is a 1.3 to 1 ratio. Pretty fair balance IMO.

It is, however with the deficiencies with our run blocking and inexperience at RB  along with the abilities of our QB and receivers, we should be more 70/30 in pass/run balance

8 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

No, and maybe it is 73% or could be 69%, I dont have the exact numbers. But if you can't tell we are still rushing up to the line and running it up the gut after a 1st down, you aren't paying attention. 

Actually I am paying attention and I was not arguing. I just like facts and not emotion.  But have at it if that’s what floats your boat. 

Just now, TigerOne said:

You wont see two SEC teams in the playoffs this year, unless other teams nationwide fall apart

Exactly.  Last year was not the norm.  The Pac 12 and Big 10 champs each had two losses.  Rarely happens that way.  I think people forget that.  

1 hour ago, DAG said:

LSU wins out, tOSu wins out, Oklahoma Wins out, Clemson wins out. How do we get in? 

Ah you are indeed correct.  I thought for a second Oklahoma and Ohio State played.  My apologies.

20 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

If OU, OSU, and Clemson all go undefeated as conference champs, only the SEC champ gets in as the 4th team in that mix.  Honestly, we aren't making the playoffs.  My goal is simply a 10 win season.

I still see one or more of those teams tripping.  And we still have the strength of schedule on our side which could potentially put us over the hump.  We are in a better spot than we were last year and last year we were on the verge of the playoffs.  I still have faith we can make it to the playoffs.  Not giving up just yet!

14 minutes ago, bigbird said:

It is, however with the deficiencies with our run blocking and inexperience at RB  along with the abilities of our QB and receivers, we should be more 70/30 in pass/run balance

Well, the OP just said, "that we pound it no matter what" and I was pointing out that has not been the case. What should it be? I don't know, but 70/30 in pass run balance means we will throw the ball approximately 50 times per game (70 total plays). I am not sure about that. Sounds like way to many to me.

Even if Auburn beats Arkansas by 50 points which we should (better), will anyone really feel different? Of course its a must win game but the LSU game took our feet out from under us.

12 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Even if Auburn beats Arkansas by 50 points which we should (better), will anyone really feel different? Of course its a must win game but the LSU game took our feet out from under us.

Nope.

I am not disappointed in the team at all.

I am disappointed in myself for believing that we would see an advanced passing offense and that Gus would improve his game day coaching decisions.

After watching these coaches "coach" the way they have been during the last 5 years, I'm pretty sure darn there's gonna be a lot more disappointments coming down the road during the next 7 years.

Disappointing is not strong enough.  We have a QB and receivers to finally have a passing attack.  We talked last year of our simplistic passing tree (bubble screen to Davis or bomb to Slaughter).  We knew in the off season Gus & Co would spend the time to develop a passing attack.  Didn't we hear how we were going to throw to the TE this year?  More throws to NCM?  All a joke.  Even with subpar OL and subpar RBs we are going to focus on our running attack.  I knew better the think that Gus would change his spots.

If he could, a dog would change its spots a lot soon then Gus ever would. The college football nation is laughing at Auburn and at Gus for all his BS talk during ever off season. Who suffers the most during these 6 years? our football program. Mean while,  there's a team across the state winning SEC and national championships. It must nice to have an offense to ave 56.7 points a game.

12 hours ago, 80Tiger said:

I don't understand the "Gus will pound it...blocking or not". In the 2 P5 games this year, we have run it 83 time sand thrown it 64 times. While not 1 to 1 ratio, it is a 1.3 to 1 ratio. Pretty fair balance IMO.

Yes, by most standards, this is a good mix of run pass. We have to have both clicking to make our offense work especially in the big games coming up down the road. I think we will see even more balance as the season progresses.

12 hours ago, triangletiger said:

Here ya go:

LSU is done.

It's time to get over it.

Arkansas is next.

Haiku-na matata... 

Team must learn and grow.

Do they want it bad enough?

Then do what it takes! 

#pressonwardandupward

6 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

Haiku-na matata... 

Team must learn and grow.

Do they want it bad enough?

Then do what it takes! 

#pressonwardandupward

How about a limerick?

There once was a QB named Stidham,

Whose offfensive line never hid him

From the opposing onslaught.

Happy feet were thus wrought,

The pressure, it sometimes undid him.

14 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

8 out of 10 times on first down its still hurry up to the line, run right up the middle. Nevermind he doesn't have the RB who can take that. Nevermind he doesn't have the inside blocking to block for the run that everyone knows is coming right up the middle. 

That's what I mean by Gus pounding it blocking or not. 

Gus hasn't shown he can change this yet. It still happens after a majority of our 1st downs. 

In the LSU game on first downs we ran 16 times and passed 13 times.  

6 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

If he could, a dog would change its spots a lot soon then Gus ever would. The college football nation is laughing at Auburn and at Gus for all his BS talk during ever off season. Who suffers the most during these 6 years? our football program. Mean while,  there's a team across the state winning SEC and national championships. It must nice to have an offense to ave 56.7 points a game.

What talk in the off season?  And the sooner you stop worrying about what Bama is doing the better your life will be

I love how when the Off. plays good it's because of the OC when they play bad it's Gus. There is a show on TV called Fact or Fiction that talks about what really happened in history which is often not what we have been told. I have looked at this board the last couple of days and seen a lot of fiction. Just on this short thread alone about half of the stuff written is just wrong. I know we lost and I hate it but y'all have got to chill out. I know it's part of being a fan but I really feel sorry for those of you that nothing is ever good enough. I know many of you can't change (just like you say Gus can't change) but if we win by 30 this week try to resist saying that's what we should have done and instead spread some complements around. It will do your heart some good.  

On 9/19/2018 at 9:33 PM, AURex said:

I am disappointed in the play of the DL. They should have been better.

I'm disappointed in the play of Auburn's secondary and OL. Even though we've known for a long time they were the weak areas of the team, I had hoped for more..

I'm disappointed in the play of Stidham for this entire season so far. This is no Heisman QB. Not even close.

And I am disappointed in the AUF family trying to lay the blame for the LSU loss on the refs. Auburn lost to LSU because LSU performed better in this game in the second half. If you look at StatTigers analysis, Auburn did not earn or deserve a win in this game and it was not the refs anywhere in that equation..

As with last season, I hope that AU will rise up and beat the holy s**t out of every upcoming opponent.

BUT I WILL NOT MAKE EXCUSES FOR LSU.

War Eagle!

That is all.

LSU didn't play well enough to win either.  Both teams looked mediocre.  The refs also had a poor day.  Legitimate gripes all around IMHO!

Burrow was only 44% completion rate and that includes some amazing circus catches and doesn't include the crappy PI calls.  LSU only rushed for 2.88 yards per carry.  That wins MOST games. 

11 hours ago, corchjay said:

In the LSU game on first downs we ran 16 times and passed 13 times.  

There is a difference in passing on 1st down and passing on 1st down after a first. 

But of course you already know this. And you also know which I was talking about. 

On 9/19/2018 at 6:33 PM, AURex said:

I am disappointed in the play of the DL. They should have been better.

I'm disappointed in the play of Auburn's secondary and OL. Even though we've known for a long time they were the weak areas of the team, I had hoped for more..

I'm disappointed in the play of Stidham for this entire season so far. This is no Heisman QB. Not even close.

And I am disappointed in the AUF family trying to lay the blame for the LSU loss on the refs. Auburn lost to LSU because LSU performed better in this game in the second half. If you look at StatTigers analysis, Auburn did not earn or deserve a win in this game and it was not the refs anywhere in that equation..

As with last season, I hope that AU will rise up and beat the holy s**t out of every upcoming opponent.

BUT I WILL NOT MAKE EXCUSES FOR LSU.

War Eagle!

That is all.

1. I have been too. But I've accepted the fact they are run-stoppers and not pass rushers. We need a Holland or Lawson. Currently we have 4 DTs playing on the line.
2. Need to play more zone. We switched to it in the second half of the UW game and shut them down almost completely. No PI calls either.
3. Stidham doesn't have grit or a killer instinct. Needs to play with more fire. More fearlessness. Can't be timid at QB. 
4. Auburn deserved the win more than LSU did. Holding LSU to less the 3 yards per carry? Their QB to 15-34 passing? Getting one of our RB's over the century mark? Reeling off 21 unanswered points? Nah. We deserved to win more than they did.

We played sloppy, but if the refs literally call the game correctly, Auburn wins. You can do some revisionist history to say that something other than those 3 crucial calls in the final 7 minutes made the difference, but that isn't true. The refs were the difference. And I'm NOT a guy who blames refs. But call a spade a spade.

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 8:48 PM, gr82be said:

True and at least LSU plays UGA and UA so that's as good as it could get for Auburn in this situation. 

LSU also plays Florida in the Swamp I believe........Dan Mullen owes us one.........daddy is his boss in fact.?

Archived