bigbird

I wish I were in a financial position to donate right now. Talk to me again in 3-4 months.

If it's acceptable, I'd like to share this on my social media to get the word out

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, selias said:

I wish I were in a financial position to donate right now. Talk to me again in 3-4 months.

If it's acceptable, I'd like to share this on my social media to get the word out

Please do. The more the word spreads, the more of an impact we will have.  Sharing is just as helpful as a donation. Thank you.

8 hours ago, selias said:

Absolutely, and thank you.  I would appreciate it so much.

Thank you for your kindness and support!

War Eagle!!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Update? How are you doing @AUsince72? I want our Tigers to get this game for you. 🙏

Hi 3rdGen, and thank you for asking.

I'm doing okay.  Probably got the last haircut I'll need for awhile....hair's thinning out a lot now.  The chemo is taking it's toll on me.... very low stamina, etc.

BUT, even though my Dr. believes I'll have this cancer the rest of my life and they've begun a maintenance chemo, I'm already surprising them and beating odds now so I feel like it's working.

I'm not sure when my next scan will be (probably near Christmas) but based on the last scan I fully expect The Lord is taking care of me and I'm going to shock the doc!!  I'm shooting for "cancer free in '19"!

But even if they can't eradicate it, my physical response gives them hope that I'll still have many many more years regardless.

Just keep me in your prayers and I know THE BIG GUY is listening 😁🙏

War Eagle!  God bless!!!

Ok let’s take this to another level.  Let’s get the team behind this.

In addition to my previous donations: 

I will pledge $20 per point scored by AU against Bama.  $150 per point over 21 points.

I’ll pledge $100 each point AU defense holds Bama below 28 points.  $1000 for a shut out.

I challenge the team to play for a cause.   

Proud of 72 for leading the charge. We got his back:  Cancer is the enemy!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

How you doin'brother? Thinking of you and your family!! Always in our prayers! War Eagle.

Thank you brother!

Just had my pump removed for the week so hopefully I'll feel up to chowing down tomorrow, though my appetite certainly is not what it normally is.  

Doing okay outside of serious fatigue at this point do I can't complain.  Should have another couple rounds of chemo before Christmas but hopefully the next scan after that will give us great news.  God is in control and I feel He won't let us down 🙏

As always, thank you for your prayers, friendship and support!!

War Eagle & God bless?!!

Just lifting prayers for you tonight, 72, before I turn in.  I've been on and lurking much longer than I should.  I believe lifting you up tonight is my best exit.  Much love to your beautiful family and here's to watching God work in mysteriously wonderful ways as He brings His Psalm 103: 1-5 to pass in your life.  You are an inspiration, and He will strengthen you as you keep living for Him and reminding us all of the most important things in life.  We are cheering! You! On!

:AUBig:

Hey there 72, been thinking about you this week. I hope all is as well as it can be and you are still kicking cancer square in the twig & berries

1 hour ago, selias said:

Hey there 72, been thinking about you this week. I hope all is as well as it can be and you are still kicking cancer square in the twig & berries

Hey Selias.

Fatigued but otherwise doing well, thanks.

I have "the chair" next Monday & again the 17th.  I have to admit, each chair session gets harder and harder....but I'm not going to complain.  I see others SO MUCH worse off than me.  It's humbling...

Then I should be ready for my next scan.  I feel in my heart that I'm going to continue to surprise my Drs!! 

Scan should be close to Christmas...oh what a gift it could be!!!  Praise God!!!

Thanks for asking my brother!

Fight the good fight brother. Everyone here is solidly pulling for you praying you beat the cancer!

Just now, AURocketman said:

God Bless and keep up the fight.

Thank you so much for your generous pledge and support.  My family and I thank you and I will use this as yet another beautiful example of what our Lord can and will do and it's people like you who do His work and it's just so wonderful!

I hope to be able to attend a game next year and hopefully it will be a chance to give you a big ol bear hug 😁

God bless you and your family.

War Eagle!

Nathan

11 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Thank you so much for your generous pledge and support.  My family and I thank you and I will use this as yet another beautiful example of what our Lord can and will do and it's people like you who do His work and it's just so wonderful!

I hope to be able to attend a game next year and hopefully it will be a chance to give you a big ol bear hug 😁

God bless you and your family.

War Eagle!

Nathan

You have a date. Pick the game.  I look forward to it.

• 1 month later...

Hi AUFAMILY.

Just wanted to give an update and ask for additional prayers please.

Tomorrow (1/3) I go for an updated PET scan.  The chemo is taking it's toll on me but I have faith it's working God's miracle.

I hope to know the results by next Monday as that's my next scheduled treatment and the results will affect how they proceed.  Statistically speaking, the Drs think I'll have this the rest of my life but I should still have many more years with a "maintenance" chemo. 

Of course I know God's in control so I just need the strength to accept His will.... whatever that may be.

Just please pray 🙏 and if you're not the praying type, at least cross your fingers 😉🤞.

Thank you all for your love and support, God bless & War Eagle!!

Nathan

Always in my thoughts and prayers, 72.  Praying for a fantastic update tomorrow. War Eagle 

Most definitely, 72!! Covering you now and in the days to come. One step at a time and lots of love to your sweet family, too!!  I like this one for you in this very moment...Psalm 27:13...and claiming it for you now.

:jossun:

12 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Most definitely, 72!! Covering you now and in the days to come. One step at a time and lots of love to your sweet family, too!!  I like this one for you in this very moment...Psalm 27:13...and claiming it for you now.

:jossun:

Beautiful verse, thank you! 🤗

You have been, are now, and will continue to be prayed for by family.  Good news is on your way.

Keep us updated, brother. We're all still keeping you in our thoughts and prayers as you fight on! Hoping for wonderful news and blessings for 2019 and beyond!

72? How did your appointment go today? I know Monday is a significant day...prayers continue. Psalm 112:7...another favorite...we all need this one. #nofear

Archived