bigbird

12 hours ago, abw0004 said:

So happy for you @AUsince72!

This news could not happen to a better person.  I am so incredibly happy for you and your family!  God is good my friend.

Thanks abw!  You are such a beacon of light on this board, and I mean that with all my heart.  No matter what, you are positive and supportive of everyone....even those who don't WANT to can't resist your good vibes.

You've been so supportive of me through this and I'm so blessed! 

....nice Jeep btw... 

God bless & War Eagle! 

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

I'm truly honored and humbled by your post.  I'm just so pleased that one as unworthy as me has been used as a miracle to show the strength of prayer and the Glory of our Lord!  And yes, we are smiling so big knowing that God is not finished with me....OH, what a feeling!!!

See, it's this.  This is a hope-dealing situation.  This is what the seeking (or even non) world stands back to watch...how do believers respond...for the long haul...when crisis strikes?  You have made no secret of the Source of your strength.  Everyone's journey is different...my dad wasn't healed this side of Heaven...but when you live with an eternal perspective, as you clearly do, and can accept the outcome no matter what, others gain strength, hope, and store away tools for the toolkit when crises of all sizes and temperaments strike.  You HAVE brought Him glory with your faithfulness.  You have brought US perspective with your updates.  You have brought us JOY with the opportunity to stand with you in this fight.  You aren't heavy...you're our brother.  No matter what comes for any of us, there is strength to be found from keyboard to keyboard when you are AUFamily.  Love you, Nathan!  And Sonya!  And the girls!  We are PUMPED!  (Bet @augolf1716 knows this one, too.  He's my music brother.)

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

How in the world does this only have 14 votes? It should be 1400! Awesome news! Knowing all this I'm amazed with the humor you continue to enrich our lifes with. Love you Brother!

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611cfe69a2d7d41db450c

Thanks E!  Not worried about the votes....as long as I got 14 prayers then we're good 😎.  But I SO appreciate the sentiments sir!

My humor is who I am so I hope they like jokes in Heaven....although I'm sure I'll be censored quite a bit, LOL!

Love you too Brother! 

4 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Thanks abw!  You are such a beacon of light on this board, and I mean that with all my heart.  No matter what, you are positive and supportive of everyone....even those who don't WANT to can't resist your good vibes.

You've been so supportive of me through this and I'm so blessed! 

....nice Jeep btw... 

God bless & War Eagle! 

That is really nice to say!  Thank you!

And that Jeep is my baby.  I bought another car to retire that to weekends only because I plan on keeping it forever.  I tell everyone whoever marries me got a great deal... I come with my own casket because I’m getting buried in that thing.  And I put it in my will to be buried in Auburn as well so I can haunt all of the negative people forever.   In fact, I am inviting all of the negative nancies to be my pallbearers so they can let me down one more time...  :laugh:

1 hour ago, Slammer1 said:

Great news 72!! So glad you are cancer free !!! I lost my wife four years ago to cancer. I just hope some day they find a cure for this dreaded disease. I have followed your story every since I have been on these boards and I can't tell you how pleased I am to hear you are cancer free. I don't post very often and I am just elated  to know  about your good news. God has blessed you. take care my friend and WDE!!!!

Slammer

Oh, Slammer, I am with you.  I am so sorry for your loss.  Same with my dad (but decades ago).  Your precious wife would be so proud of you...that is what I always tell my mom about Daddy.  Love that we get to see 72 stare the beast down in God's strength and overcome!  Love that we get to be a part of cheering him and each other on.  War Eagle, friend!

6 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

That is really nice to say!  Thank you!

And that Jeep is my baby.  I bought another car to retire that to weekends only because I plan on keeping it forever.  I tell everyone whoever marries me got a great deal... I come with my own casket because I’m getting buried in that thing.  And I put it in my will to be buried in Auburn as well so I can haunt all of the negative people forever.   In fact, I am inviting all of the negative nancies to be my pallbearers so they can let me down one more time...  :laugh:

LOVE IT!

:wareagle:

1 hour ago, ToraGirl said:

See, it's this.  This is a hope-dealing situation.  This is what the seeking (or even non) world stands back to watch...how do believers respond...for the long haul...when crisis strikes?  You have made no secret of the Source of your strength.  Everyone's journey is different...my dad wasn't healed this side of Heaven...but when you live with an eternal perspective, as you clearly do, and can accept the outcome no matter what, others gain strength, hope, and store away tools for the toolkit when crises of all sizes and temperaments strike.  You HAVE brought Him glory with your faithfulness.  You have brought US perspective with your updates.  You have brought us JOY with the opportunity to stand with you in this fight.  You aren't heavy...you're our brother.  No matter what comes for any of us, there is strength to be found from keyboard to keyboard when you are AUFamily.  Love you, Nathan!  And Sonya!  And the girls!  We are PUMPED!  (Bet @augolf1716 knows this one, too.  He's my music brother.)

Hi Tora!

Again, in tears.  I read this to my wife....more tears.

Thank you Sister, for such wonderful words of encouragement & faith. 

I'm just wishing everyone could feel what I'm feeling right now!

Great Music BTW!

God bless & War Eagle!

Nathan 

10 hours ago, cole256 said:

@AUsince72 you just made my day, keep fighting brother. God is good

Cole, my Brother. 

Thank you so much for the kindness and support.  It's helped me so much in this fight and I'm blessed to know you. 

You're so right....God is good!

God bless & War Eagle!

8 hours ago, doverstutts said:

wow!....since i rarely check the football board anymore, i missed this......great news...oh, as far as the rare cancer: i grew up with a guy, played sports with him, and was actually distant kin to him...right after my  bout with C/R cancer, he was diagnosed with a rare type cancer,very rare in fact....he went to houston texas, had a stem cell transplant, lived in a bubble and the hope was for him to survive for maybe 5 years to give them time to formulate a better treatment for his type cancer....its been 14 years since my treatment was completed, so he has lived 12 1/2 to 13 years with no sign of the cancer coming back...oh, the neurophathy that they told you will get better?...lol,nope, they lied!

Hey Brother. 

Thank you for the continued good news and support.  Though you're right...the neuropathy doesn't seem to be going anywhere, LOL!  (Not sure why I'm laughing about that though 🤔).

Also, I owe you a real card too, it's coming,  I promise! 

3 hours ago, Slammer1 said:

Great news 72!! So glad you are cancer free !!! I lost my wife four years ago to cancer. I just hope some day they find a cure for this dreaded disease. I have followed your story every since I have been on these boards and I can't tell you how pleased I am to hear you are cancer free. I don't post very often and I am just elated  to know  about your good news. God has blessed you. take care my friend and WDE!!!!

Slammer

Hi Slammer. 

I'm so sorry about your wife.  I can't imagine.  It's been one of my mantras, so to speak, that's helped keep me positive is the knowledge that at least it's me and not my wife or girls.  My wife has been the brave one!

I've seen some of your story in your posts and really look up to you sir.  Thank you for your support and kindness.

God bless & War Eagle!

Haven't been on here in awhile, @AUsince72, but great to hear your great news! I know you are an humble man of faith and this is an inspiration to all of us. God is good all the time, even in our trials...

12 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Hey Brother. 

Thank you for the continued good news and support.  Though you're right...the neuropathy doesn't seem to be going anywhere, LOL!  (Not sure why I'm laughing about that though 🤔).

Also, I owe you a real card too, it's coming,  I promise! 

lol, you don't owe me a damn thing,bro....

as far as the neuropathy, as you age, it will feel more like you are walking in sand, and your feet will always feel cold....they will be warm to touch, but will be freezing to you.... be careful if you hold them up to a heater, you'll bar-b-que them before you know it....plus, they well never feel warm to you

13 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

lol, you don't owe me a damn thing,bro....

as far as the neuropathy, as you age, it will feel more like you are walking in sand, and your feet will always feel cold....they will be warm to touch, but will be freezing to you.... be careful if you hold them up to a heater, you'll bar-b-que them before you know it....plus, they well never feel warm to you

Again, you're too kind!

I'm pretty much already there as far as my feet.  Away from home, I walk with a cane because after 15 mins or more of walking, I almost literally cannot feel my toes.  After 30 mins instead of numb, it feels like I'm walking on broken bones they hurt so bad.  Then, yes, at bedtime I wrap them up in a blanket trying to warm them (which is hit or miss).  That doesn't even take my fingers into account.  But it's a small price to pay for healing IMO. 

As long as my future scans remain cancer free, then what do I have to complain about?

3 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Haven't been on here in awhile, @AUsince72, but great to hear your great news! I know you are an humble man of faith and this is an inspiration to all of us. God is good all the time, even in our trials...

Thank you Eagle!

Yes HE is!  As a matter of fact, I have learned that you see HIM the most during trials.  I can't tell you the number of blessings that I would have never noticed otherwise.

God bless & War Eagle!

BTW....

I want to give a shout-out (do we still say this?) to anybody on here who is or knows a Nurse who works for a Cancer Center or Oncology Ward, etc.

I love the Drs, Techs & Staff whom I've met over the last year but I have to say, there's nobody better than an Oncology Nurse (not sure if this is a correct term).  As I mentioned previously, the blessings that have come before me....my nurses were ALL amazing. ....every single one.

God bless Nurses!!!

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

Again, you're too kind!

I'm pretty much already there as far as my feet.  Away from home, I walk with a cane because after 15 mins or more of walking, I almost literally cannot feel my toes.  After 30 mins instead of numb, it feels like I'm walking on broken bones they hurt so bad.  Then, yes, at bedtime I wrap them up in a blanket trying to warm them (which is hit or miss).  That doesn't even take my fingers into account.  But it's a small price to pay for healing IMO. 

As long as my future scans remain cancer free, then what do I have to complain about?

72, lots of positive reviews on these. I can't vouch for them but it might be worth a shot to try them.

https://www.heatholders.com/pages/neuropathy-and-cold-feet

This is such Awesome news, 72. Glory to God!! I am so happy for you and your girls. I should have read this last night instead of at my desk today. I think I have something in my eye 😢

72, So glad to see this Great news; I have been praying for you daily, and will continue to. As others have said God is so good; while my wife lost her battle to cancer in February at the age of 56, God gave us 20 more years together after she was 1st diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. One thing is certain that she is in a better place today than we are. Keep the faith brother, I Love you.

10 hours ago, AUMASTERS said:

72, So glad to see this Great news; I have been praying for you daily, and will continue to. As others have said God is so good; while my wife lost her battle to cancer in February at the age of 56, God gave us 20 more years together after she was 1st diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. One thing is certain that she is in a better place today than we are. Keep the faith brother, I Love you.

Hey Brother.

I'm so sorry to hear about your wife.  I'm so glad to hear y'all are people of faith though and trust The Lord's plan.  There is such a joy in that. 🙏

Truthfully, if I get 20 years, I cannot complain one bit!  My family doesn't have much of a history of cancer, which is why this was even more shocking, but my Granny (Dad's Mom) was diagnosed with lung cancer and wasn't supposed to be around to see me born.....I was her first grandchild and she didn't pass away until I was around 20 and she had 4 other grandkids!!

There should always be hope!!!

God bless you brother!!

23 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

BTW....

I want to give a shout-out (do we still say this?) to anybody on here who is or knows a Nurse who works for a Cancer Center or Oncology Ward, etc.

I love the Drs, Techs & Staff whom I've met over the last year but I have to say, there's nobody better than an Oncology Nurse (not sure if this is a correct term).  As I mentioned previously, the blessings that have come before me....my nurses were ALL amazing. ....every single one.

God bless Nurses!!!

72, I am with you brother! They are the best, and you are also correct young man when you say God is Good!  Following your journey as you have walked this path that I, along with others, have trod, there is one common thread throughout. That thread is,  "God is Good!"  You,  my unknown friend, along with countless others, are indeed blessed. We have a responsibility to do as you are doing and spread the Word!  No matter what the future holds, hang in there, giving God the Glory!  

On 8/12/2019 at 7:13 PM, AUsince72 said:

Good evening AUFamily.  Sorry for "bumping" this thread but I didn't want to derail another football thread since the season's getting so close. 

However, as many of you know I had completed 7 weeks (5 days a week) of radiation a few weeks ago after having had roughly 8 months of hard-core chemo before that in order to fight a VERY rare and VERY aggressive malignant colorectal cancer that had spread to my liver & lymph nodes.  I'm not sure if I ever shared this but we were told that one of my specific cancers (of the 4 I have...ugh) is so rare and deadly that only 70 cases have ever been studied over the last several decades and 70% were gone in less than 1 year from diagnosis....the other 30% never made it to year 2.  The Lord has used me for HIS miracle! 

....today we got the news we have been praying for.... NO SIGN OF CANCER!!!!!

I temper the news with the knowledge that by my being Stage 4, the cancer is in my bloodstream, so I'll never be "cured" according to the Drs but my organs are at least a blank slate again. 

Praise Jesus Christ, our Lord & Savior!!!  Thankfully and prayerfully, I am blessed that He has more purpose for me and I get, hopefully,  many many many more years to be here for my family, watch my girls grow up, and I can bless y'all with my genius Auburn Football insight and legendary wit for a while longer. :roflol:

Sincere thanks to all of you who have prayed for me, supported me, sent well wishes my way.  Y'all have even brought me to tears on many occassions with sharing your own stories and I've seen the absolute BEST of our AUFamily.   I'm so blessed and I love you all!

God bless & War Eagle!!!!!

@AUsince72, that his AUsome news!!!!!  Rejoicing and praising our Lord with you my brother!!!!!  This is the best post I've read in a long time!!!

oh, 72, one more thing!...i may or may not have told you, i can't remember, but have a yearly PROSTATE SCREENING due to the radiation you took....5 years after C/R cancer, i had prostate cancer due to the radiation treatment that i took.....the symptoms are not as obvious because of the damage to the nerves in the area, and as a matter of fact, i had no symptoms at all....the urologist that did the surgery said that i had massive damage to the area and he had no doubt that radiation caused the prostate cancer....the treatment is awful, but what do we do?

Archived