bigbird

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, provibe said:

I don't post a lot, but just wanted you to know that there are a lot of us praying for you! Only makes sense that the older we get, the more encounters we have with this terrible disease. Sometimes it is even difficult to read what you are going through because of some of the battles that I have been through with very close friends and loved ones. But I have been keeping up with you and praying continually for you, just don't know how to respond sometimes. Praying for a complete healing for you my brother in Christ!!!

Your response is perfect.  Thanks brother!!

I'm sorry for those you have seen suffer.  I pray they were uplifted as I have been by Jesus Himself.

God bless & War Eagle!

I’ve been traveling for a few weeks and taking a break from AUFam for a while, but your thread is the one I look for first.  I love the prayer lifted by @ToraGirl and join her in her eloquent pleas to the Almighty Healer.  Love the hashtag, #letitbeso

Also love the prayer blanket!

Hope you are feeling all this love you are surrounded by.  😊 That tumor just has to shrink in fear of this multitude!

Thanks for keeping us updated 72!  Your attitude is great, that makes a huge difference!  I know that you know you are loved and lifted up in prayer by your AU family!🙏❤️

Thanks for posting about your condition 72. We are all praying for you to beat this mean ol' cancer. Give 'em hell brother!

• 1 month later...

Good evening AUFamily.  Sorry for "bumping" this thread but I didn't want to derail another football thread since the season's getting so close. 

However, as many of you know I had completed 7 weeks (5 days a week) of radiation a few weeks ago after having had roughly 8 months of hard-core chemo before that in order to fight a VERY rare and VERY aggressive malignant colorectal cancer that had spread to my liver & lymph nodes.  I'm not sure if I ever shared this but we were told that one of my specific cancers (of the 4 I have...ugh) is so rare and deadly that only 70 cases have ever been studied over the last several decades and 70% were gone in less than 1 year from diagnosis....the other 30% never made it to year 2.  The Lord has used me for HIS miracle! 

....today we got the news we have been praying for.... NO SIGN OF CANCER!!!!!

I temper the news with the knowledge that by my being Stage 4, the cancer is in my bloodstream, so I'll never be "cured" according to the Drs but my organs are at least a blank slate again. 

Praise Jesus Christ, our Lord & Savior!!!  Thankfully and prayerfully, I am blessed that He has more purpose for me and I get, hopefully,  many many many more years to be here for my family, watch my girls grow up, and I can bless y'all with my genius Auburn Football insight and legendary wit for a while longer. :roflol:

Sincere thanks to all of you who have prayed for me, supported me, sent well wishes my way.  Y'all have even brought me to tears on many occassions with sharing your own stories and I've seen the absolute BEST of our AUFamily.   I'm so blessed and I love you all!

God bless & War Eagle!!!!!

7 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Good evening AUFamily.  Sorry for "bumping" this thread but I didn't want to derail another football thread since the season's getting so close. 

However, as many of you know I had completed 7 weeks (5 days a week) of radiation a few weeks ago after having had roughly 8 months of hard-core chemo before that in order to fight a VERY rare and VERY aggressive malignant colorectal cancer that had spread to my liver & lymph nodes.  I'm not sure if I ever shared this but we were told that one of my specific cancers (of the 4 I have...ugh) is so rare and deadly that only 70 cases have ever been studied over the last several decades and 70% were gone in less than 1 year from diagnosis....the other 30% never made it to year 2.  The Lord has used me for HIS miracle! 

I temper the news with the knowledge that by my being Stage 4, the cancer is in my bloodstream, so I'll never be "cured" according to the Drs but my organs are at least a blank slate again. 

Praise Jesus Christ, our Lord & Savior!!!  Thankfully and prayerfully, I am blessed that He has more purpose for me and I get, hopefully,  many many many more years to be here for my family, watch my girls grow up, and I can bless y'all with my genius Auburn Football insight and legendary wit for a while longer. :roflol:

Sincere thanks to all of you who have prayed for me, supported me, sent well wishes my way.  Y'all have even brought me to tears on many occassions with sharing your own stories and I've seen the absolute BEST of our AUFamily.   I'm so blessed and I love you all!

PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!

I was just trying to figure out if I should private message you, when I saw this pop up. In my best @GwillMac6 impression that I can muster......

PRAAAAAAIIIIIISSSSSEEEEEE GOD MOOOOOSSST HIIIIIIGH FOR HIS GOOOOOOOOODNESSSSSSS AND MEEEERRRRRCCCCCYYYYY!!!!!!! I am so happy to hear your news! Praise Jesus! You have remained faithful and he has honored your faithfulness. I am just grinning ear to ear. 

12 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

...today we got the news we have been praying for.... NO SIGN OF CANCER!!!!!

Wow!!!!!

I'm completely overwhelmed by this news. Praise God. Brother, I am so happy for you, your family and all those affected. What a happy day!!!!!

WON'T HE DO IT!!!! Oh my goodness! I am ecstatic with joy! I needed some great news today and this was it! PRAISE GOD WHO IS A DELIVERER, A WAY MAKER AND A HEALER!  Hallelujah somebody! 

God is so very good. Rejoicing with you !!

Amen 🙏 brother! Keep up the good fight 

1 hour ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I was just trying to figure out if I should private message you, when I saw this pop up. In my best @GwillMac6 impression that I can muster......

PRAAAAAAIIIIIISSSSSEEEEEE GOD MOOOOOSSST HIIIIIIGH FOR HIS GOOOOOOOOODNESSSSSSS AND MEEEERRRRRCCCCCYYYYY!!!!!!! I am so happy to hear your news! Praise Jesus! You have remained faithful and he has honored your faithfulness. I am just grinning ear to ear. 

I love you, 3rd!

1 hour ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Maybe the best impression I’ve ever seen!

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

IMG_1975.GIF

This is the most AUsome thing I’ve heard maybe all year.  So glad that you overcame such seemingly insurmountable odds.  God is good indeed.

Nathan, 

I can't find the words to express the absolute joy your news brought my family tonight. The AUFamily has been good for you, but God has been great to you! Sleep well tonight, my friend.

3 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I temper the news with the knowledge that by my being Stage 4, the cancer is in my bloodstream, so I'll never be "cured" according to the Drs but my organs are at least a blank slate again.  Praise Jesus Christ, our Lord & Savior!!! 

First of all 72, this is awesome news to hear, but why not? You serve an awesome God and never doesn't occur to him. He is in the miracle business and He knows no limit.

Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego walked through a furnace unharmed.

Daniel was delivered unharmed from the lion's den.

Jesus healed many and brought the dead back to life. 

Peter walked on water as long as he kept his eyes on Christ. Keep your eyes on Christ and you will receive the blessings He has for you. 

Your Auburn family will continue to lift you up in prayer and you will have a fantastic testimony to tell others. My God continue to bless you and your family. War Eagle!

I needed to hear this news this morning.  Good Bless you 72.

Note to self, don't read updates to this thread on the way into work. Damn onion ninjas at it again.

@AUsince72, brother, you and your ladies deserve *all* of the joy you are feeling. You deserve the win so much. We're all so happy for you. I'm going to send you all big hugs tonight via my little Loof clan but please deliver a couple Grade A hair ruffles from us, too.

Thank you for including us all in your journey. 

Man. This is so awesome. 

Also, let me know if your medical team makes it to Hilton Head. They're not paying for drinks if I'm in the building. 

Archived