Who replaces Chip?

auburnphan

This forum doesn't have a good track record of predicting coaches. Lol. We got Muschamp right, but for the most part, it's usually a surprise.

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/5/2018 at 9:58 AM, McLoofus said:

We've won 2 big games in 4 years and Mikey thinks that should be the main takeaway from the Gus Malzahn experience. 

You forgot the Jac St. game which was a huge OT win

5 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

This forum doesn't have a good track record of predicting coaches. Lol. We got Muschamp right, but for the most part, it's usually a surprise.

Josh McDaniels

saw where liberty hired freeze. I never saw that one happening or being a fit but looks like it’s officially not happening now. 

5 minutes ago, gravejd said:

saw where liberty hired freeze. I never saw that one happening or being a fit but looks like it’s officially not happening now. 

i've only seen football scoop post something and a few sites citing them. do you have another source? not that i don't believe you or them just curious

6 minutes ago, auburntiger1987 said:

i've only seen football scoop post something and a few sites citing them. do you have another source? not that i don't believe you or them just curious

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

So no KB x Dos and no freeze. Shaping up to be a splendid off season.

There should be no expectations for this Clown Show

3 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Doesn't Liberty seem like an unusual fit for Freeze, given his most recent history? Anybody? 

Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone.

This may all end up working in Gus’s favor.  Bringing in someone like Freeze would be disruptive and require the offense to learn a brand new playbook.  If Gus just promotes an assistant and brings in someone to help with Qb development/recruit Oline men then he can double down on the offense that got him here and most the players already know.  It either works great or a lot of people get their wish and Gus is let go.  Gus’s success or failure will be squarely in his hands.

22 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Doesn't Liberty seem like an unusual fit for Freeze, given his most recent history? Anybody? 

Not if you follow some of what Liberty has done before. Didn’t they hire Baylor’s old AD or president or someone tied to that whole scandal? Methinks Liberty may have their priorities a bit out of order. 

19 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

The man running that University is more in bed with the devil than God.  Perfect hire in my mind. 

15 minutes ago, DAG said:

Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone.

No, to be clear, I'm not judging; I am merely intrigued by the irony. The AD at Liberty is also the former AD at Baylor. Just not where I would have thought he lands first. 🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Strike 2.    Gus be ready for the heater!!

What was strike 1? Freeze was Gus's top choice.

Just now, ellitor said:

What was strike 1? Freeze was Gus's top choice.

Wasn't everyone saying Bryant was strike one?   I heard that they had some problems with Rus Galzahn's resume, his first choice, lol.   Should have been more clear, was not referring to OC puppet job.

Archived