Who replaces Chip?

auburnphan

14 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Start calling you the "7-5  know our place" man.  

10-4.

Oh wait, 10-4 was last year. How ironic. Maybe next year you'll be calling me 15-0 know our place man.

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Why would Clark leave a program that he has built to a conference winner as a HC to become an OC?  He's likely 1-2 years away from jumping to a major school.

Well he def would not leave to be a OC anywhere. A side of the ball he has never even coached before at the college level lol. I am pretty sure in his professional life all his bones were made as a DC and on that side of the ball.

14 hours ago, DAG said:

1 post 

here is me specifically saying he should do it to prove us doubters wrong 

zeek says the same thing and we specifically reply to him that he should do it to finally answer questions

took about 10 minutes to search for this stuff with links. Oh and without your input. See how easy that is? So I actually hope he does this and prove us doubters wrong. So you , poet and 64 can also find a definitive answer on your guy. He is an offensive Guru? Let’s see it then for the Gus Gobblers.

I thought maybe you could come up with some of the whiners that mentioned this earlier in the season. Or maybe even when some few of us were recommending that Gus take over the play calling back in the summer. Johnny-come-latelys is what you've got there. No original thought, just parroting what they heard when faced with desperation after it finally sunk in that Gus would be coaching Auburn next season. I do think they have finally come around to correct thinking. Gus should be doing what numerous other head coaches are doing and calling his own plays.

Think of it like this guys. The LAST time Gus called plays with a mobile QB (Marshall) we had a top 10 offense back to back years. Before you flame, I’m NOT saying it’ll happen I’m just saying if Gus calls the plays that’s what I’ll be hoping for. 

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Well he def would not leave to be a OC anywhere. A side of the ball he has never even coached before at the college level lol. I am pretty sure in his professional life all his bones were made as a DC and on that side of the ball.

He's a defense guy.   :slapfh:

7 hours ago, AURealist said:

To learn the ways of the Sith.  An SEC football team is a big time org.  He might want to see how they're run.  Gus could have used a few years under a successful SEC coach.  His lack of strategic and operational management skills, along with the not having made SEC connections has handicapped him.  

Well, he COULD come work under Gus.

He wouldn't learn the Sith ways but he would learn the ways of Jar-Jar Binks.

15 hours ago, AU64 said:

And he did not see his offenses at Va Tech after he left here.....A lot goes into a coach being a success and usually talent is a key element. 

Yes, I did. Why would you assume that I hadn't?

47 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yes, I did. Why would you assume that I hadn't?

I interpreted your comment to imply that the reason his offense at AU was bad was because of AU.  I hate to see AU get blamed for everything …..and just noted that  he did no better at Va Tech or Boston College.   Same unimaginative offense everywhere.... ...so JMO ….maybe he was a major contributor to the dumpster fire as you call it, and did not help put it out .  

He seemed like a good guy, but six years since he left here, two marginally to unsuccessful OC jobs and now at Bowling Green?   ...not exactly in the fast track.  Hope he does well at BG...….but maybe he should stay away from meddling with their offense. :)

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Oh wait, 7-5 is this, THIS year. 

You could add 8-5, 7-6, 8-5, 12-2 and still see what the general trend is

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I interpreted your comment to imply that the reason his offense at AU was bad was because of AU.  I hate to see AU get blamed for everything …..and just noted that  he did no better at Va Tech or Boston College.   Same unimaginative offense everywhere.... ...so JMO ….maybe he was a major contributor to the dumpster fire as you call it, and did not help put it out .  

He seemed like a good guy, but six years since he left here, two marginally to unsuccessful OC jobs and now at Bowling Green?   ...not exactly in the fast track.  Hope he does well at BG...….but maybe he should stay away from meddling with their offense. :)

Huh? He improved BC from 126th to 60-something in total offense in 3 years and now he's a head coach at the same program where Urban Meyer and Dino Babers got their starts.

He didn't improve the offense at Va Tech nearly as dramatically but he did manage to improve it statistically despite Beamer being on the way out. He wasn't retained because of a head coaching change.

As for Auburn, let me run some numbers by you: 16, 14, 17, 10, 41, 7, 35, 14. You know what those are? The points that Gus Malzahn scored in each of his last 9 games as Auburn offensive coordinator. Are those Scot Loeffler's fault, too? That 35 was against Samford, btw. 

What about us giving up 3 28+ pt losses to our 3 main rivals in 2011? And then doing it again in 2012 with two new coordinators? (Except swapping TAMU for LSU, because some nerd is going to point that out as if it matters.)  That doesn't sound like an Auburn (Gene Chizik) problem to you?

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

You could add 8-5, 7-6, 8-5, 12-2 and still see what the general trend is

We've won 2 big games in 4 years and Mikey thinks that should be the main takeaway from the Gus Malzahn experience. 

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

We've won 2 big games in 4 years and Mikey thinks that should be the main takeaway from the Gus Malzahn experience. 

I just find him humorous at this point.

The irony that most of his posts are him whining......about "whiners".  You can't make this stuff up.

I can see a game viewing party at his house now...

"Shut up and enjoy this stupid loss.  Take it like man.  NOW GET OFF MY LAWN WHILE I GO TO THE FORUM AND WHINE ABOUT THE PEOPLE UNHAPPY ABOUT LOSING!!!"

Could Freeze be in play at Bammer?  Since they courted him and got turned down, but now he is available.  With Tua being his QB....ughhh...say it aint so!

3 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I just find him humorous at this point.

The irony that most of his posts are him whining......about "whiners".  You can't make this stuff up.

I can see a game viewing party at his house now...

"Shut up and enjoy this stupid loss.  Take it like man.  NOW GET OFF MY LAWN WHILE I GO TO THE FORUM AND WHINE ABOUT THE PEOPLE UNHAPPY ABOUT LOSING!!!"

He's added "crybabies" to the list. And when he's shown the stats proving his ridiculous comments inaccurate, he basically just says, "Nuh uh, you are." It's like arguing with an 8 year old in 1980. 

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

He's added "crybabies" to the list. And when he's shown the stats proving his ridiculous comments inaccurate, he basically just says, "Nuh uh, you are." It's like arguing with an 8 year old in 1980. 

I know, right?!

He doesn't seem to understand irony.

giphy.gif

23 minutes ago, ALTiger said:

Could Freeze be in play at Bammer?  Since they courted him and got turned down, but now he is available.  With Tua being his QB....ughhh...say it aint so!

We haven't had any bad news in the last hour, so sure, why not?

35 minutes ago, ALTiger said:

Bama isnt looking for an offensive coordinator are they?

49 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Well, the Gus Malzahn experience is longer than 4 years. You could argue the game against #6 Washington was a big game could you not? Don’t talk of facts when you’re 100% agenda motivated. 

I still think it's Hugh Freeze or bust quite frankly. The quicker its solved the faster we can close on some recruits.

If Auburn makes Kodi Burns the new OC, it would without a doubt be the dumbest decision. But it's Auburn, so I really wouldn't be surprised.

As many others have already mentioned, Gus becoming the new playcaller would be a sink or swim situation. But when you pair playcalling Gus with a mobile QB, you see a top 10 offense. If after next year we still have a mediocre offense and bad playcalling, everyone will know he's the only one to blame. He won't have a scapegoat.

I'd love to get Hugh Freeze, but we all know he won't be here for more than a year.

7 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Well, the Gus Malzahn experience is longer than 4 years. You could argue the game against #6 Washington was a big game could you not? Don’t talk of facts when you’re 100% agenda motivated. 

I've missed whatever started this entire conversation but is their a pro-Gus vs. anti-Gus discussion going on here?

Archived