Dillingham already having an effect?

Samau

21 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I saw enough in the Auburn Purdue game to see that that Gatewood seemed to read the Zone read better and was a stronger runner.

Agree....mostly I'm of the view that MW is wasting his time chasing a prominent role as a QB.    

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AU64 said:

Agree....mostly I'm of the view that MW is wasting his time chasing a prominent role as a QB.    

I'm not ready to give up on Willis yet. There have been times he looked real good. But both back up QB's should have thrown the ball in the game. People say don't run up the score, well Gus could have put them in the game when it was 35-7 or what ever in stead of keeping Stidham in so long.

2 hours ago, kd4au said:

I'm not ready to give up on Willis yet. There have been times he looked real good. But both back up QB's should have thrown the ball in the game. People say don't run up the score, well Gus could have put them in the game when it was 35-7 or what ever in stead of keeping Stidham in so long.

I hear you but IMO the decision has been made on MW.....with Bo coming in and maybe what coaches have seen of JB :dunno:   Again JMO but if he has problems on zone read and what to do in the running game is there any reason to think he will make better ones when passing ?     not in my view anyway.  ….just sayin'.

Let's see what happens a few months from now when spring practice starts.  . 

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 10:16 AM, auburnphan said:

ARE YOU SERIOUS CLARK?

Wouldn't have written if I did not believe it.   

So...lets' see what things look like in March or whenever spring practice starts....

6 hours ago, AU64 said:

That's useful to do but seems that a coach should be able to know the capability of a player he has had for 2 years....and who plays in scrimmage games on a regular basis.   MW has certainly had plenty of time to prove himself...

Check Matthew 25: verse 29.....Afraid this applies to MW.            " To those who use well what they are given, even more will be given, and they will have an abundance. But from those who do nothing, even what little they have will be taken away."

Can't believe you used a Bible verse....you seem to be going on and on about this and have absolutely nothing to even go out of. Somebody else states their opinion and actually have data to support their ideas you go crazy.....you haven't even seen this dude make throws but you think it's ok to be screaming that he needs to change positions but then you have the audacity to chastise and ride people call them idiots, everything if you deem it negative. What's positive about what you are doing?  You know how many players that verse can apply to on the team in the context you're using it? 

You know how many freaking times every QB from cam to Marshall to white to stidham have messed a read up??? A guy needs to move from QB because he missed an option read??? How stupid does that sound? He needs to move to corner....do you even know if he can play corner?  The one play you were crying about the d end was there at the handoff he literally was going to tackle whoever had the ball. When had ANY back up QB been able to prove themselves under Gus when the QB ahead wasn't hurt?  That's a problem Gus has that you just swear isn't a problem....

People said should let him play in a blow out you say reps in a blow out doesn't matter then say he's had plenty of time to prove himself....you don't think he should throw the ball in blow outs and I guess since he didn't beat out stidham he shouldn't play QB. Sandburg haven't even been in the running why aren't you screaming for him to play d end?

22 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Wouldn't have written if I did not believe it.   

So...lets' see what things look like in March or whenever spring practice starts....

I don't know what you wrote, but I know I was replying to the title of the thread!!!!    😜

Just now, cole256 said:

Can't believe you used a Bible verse....you seem to be going on and on about this and have absolutely nothing to even go out of. Somebody else states their opinion and actually have data to support their ideas you go crazy.....you haven't even seen this dude make throws but you think it's ok to be screaming that he needs to change positions but then you have the audacity to chastise and ride people call them idiots, everything if you deem it negative. What's positive about what you are doing?  You know how many players that verse can apply to on the team in the context you're using it? 

You know how many freaking times every QB from cam to Marshall to white to stidham have messed a read up??? A guy needs to move from QB because he missed an option read??? How stupid does that sound? He needs to move to corner....do you even know if he can play corner?  The one play you were crying about the d end was there at the handoff he literally was going to tackle whoever had the ball. When had ANY back up QB been able to prove themselves under Gus when the QB ahead wasn't hurt?  That's a problem Gus has that you just swear isn't a problem....

People said should let him play in a blow out you say reps in a blow out doesn't matter then say he's had plenty of time to prove himself....you don't think he should throw the ball in blow outs and I guess since he didn't beat out stidham he shouldn't play QB. Sandburg haven't even been in the running why aren't you screaming for him to play d end?

Fine...you don't share my opinion about the guy...….so let's wait and see.  I don't have any special insight but you sure don't either. 

As for the bible verse..?   you offended by that?   a verse from a well known parable?   .    Read and interpret....it's a good message for life in general and ….pretty much says...….if you make a success of the little jobs that you are assigned, then you are likely to get bigger and better opportunities.....and IMO that can apply to an athlete who only gets into a game for a few plays.  …...and if you screw up the little jobs....who is gonna give you more responsibility?  :dunno:

5 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I don't know what you wrote, but I know I was replying to the title of the thread!!!!    😜

OK...that's good...your post was right under mine and I thought you were addressing me....my bad....

Thanks...

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

. Sandburg haven't even been in the running why aren't you screaming for him to play d end?

Does he have a high motor, a big heart, high football IQ, a great family, first in last out work ethic.  If so, we got the next JJ Watt!!!!!!!!!     lol

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Fine...you don't share my opinion about the guy...….so let's wait and see.  I don't have any special insight but you sure don't either. 

As for the bible verse..?   you offended by that?   a verse from a well known parable?   .    Read and interpret....it's a good message for life in general and ….pretty much says...….if you make a success of the little jobs that you are assigned, then you are likely to get bigger and better opportunities.....and IMO that can apply to an athlete who only gets into a game for a few plays.  …...and if you screw up the little jobs....who is gonna give you more responsibility?  :dunno:

Nah bump that you're being a hypocrite as far as all the other stuff you say and it's not about insight for you to try compare me and you because I wouldn't ever say a wr should move to linebacker because he couldn't throw the ball well or he missed a block. Wouldn't think the running back made a mistake on special teams so how is he going to understand how to set up a block. No neither of us are at a practice but we're not the same.

And yes Im offended that you'd quote averse out of the Bible to down a kid when you could pull film from anybody and find a mistake and then come to a conclusion they don't deserve to play if you're going to take it out of context like that. 

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Nah bump that you're being a hypocrite as far as all the other stuff you say and it's not about insight for you to try compare me and you because I wouldn't ever say a wr should move to linebacker because he couldn't throw the ball well or he missed a block. Wouldn't think the running back made a mistake on special teams so how is he going to understand how to set up a block. No neither of us are at a practice but we're not the same.

And yes Im offended that you'd quote averse out of the Bible to down a kid when you could pull film from anybody and find a mistake and then come to a conclusion they don't deserve to play if you're going to take it out of context like that. 

It's not about "deserving" to play....it's about earning the right to play.....and I'm observing that he has not earned the right to play QB on a regular basis at AU and is not likely to do so.   

He has time to make a position change and perhaps use his athletic ability to play regularly at some other position rather than just mop up at the end of games.    That's no insult and we see guys who should have pulled the trigger well before they did and others like Iggy who see the handwriting on the wall and make a change and get good playing time and might end up with a professional football career some day.    Kodi is a good example to consider....made the change but probably should have done it a year or two before he did.....but that was his choice....and it's MW's choice too.  

The bible verse was not to down a kid...it's a long time accepted comment that if you do well with the small things you will have opportunity to do bigger things.....which in my opinion means that if a player has difficulty doing the basics (small things) he's not gonna get opportunities to do the bigger things......whether he is a prospective QB, WR or LB...or an accountant.    

10 minutes ago, AU64 said:

It's not about "deserving" to play....it's about earning the right to play.....and I'm observing that he has not earned the right to play QB on a regular basis at AU and is not likely to do so.   

He has time to make a position change and perhaps use his athletic ability to play regularly at some other position rather than just mop up at the end of games.    That's no insult and we see guys who should have pulled the trigger well before they did and others like Iggy who see the handwriting on the wall and make a change and get good playing time and might end up with a professional football career some day.    Kodi is a good example to consider....made the change but probably should have done it a year or two before he did.....but that was his choice....and it's MW's choice too.  

The bible verse was not to down a kid...it's a long time accepted comment that if you do well with the small things you will have opportunity to do bigger things.....which in my opinion means that if a player has difficulty doing the basics (small things) he's not gonna get opportunities to do the bigger things......whether he is a prospective QB, WR or LB...or an accountant.    

Right so you don't know if he's been doing well or not. Most would look at how he was able to prepare and get ready that the coach you say knows, said he was able to run the offense his first year. You may forget that but when he first was here everybody raved about how quick he picked things up....but you want to say for no reason at all he should move to another position.....forget all the things he's shown doing what a QB does, he didn't make a play out of an impossible play so he should look to do something else....and how can you say it's about earning the right and not deserving when you say he should change positions but the kid in high school deserves his spot....

And I know exactly what the verse mean but how you used it you did use it to down him, you don't have anything to show from him not doing small things, you have more info that he actually did small things but you don't want to acknowledge that....you'd rather say you "observed" he's not earned the time by not beating out a 5 star QB who was promised the job when he signed and also older and more experienced....with this logic Baker Mayfield shouldn't be in the NFL, kyler Murray shouldn't be playing, cam shouldn't have been offered an opportunity here and so on and so forth.

11 minutes ago, cole256 said:

And I know exactly what the verse mean but how you used it you did use it to down him, you don't have anything to show from him not doing small things, you have more info that he actually did small things but you don't want to acknowledge that....

I'm not trying to pick on him because a year or so ago I was hoping he would be our QB....but just saying it ain't gonna happen.  Seen enough of him in games this year to have that opinion about the small things like making good decisions on handoffs or when to run with the ball. .

And if you like what you see and think otherwise,....ok....and you can tell me " I told you so"    next fall when he is the starter.    Until then don't be so defensive just because I have different view of what I've seen of him.        

20 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I'm not trying to pick on him because a year or so ago I was hoping he would be our QB....but just saying it ain't gonna happen.  Seen enough of him in games this year to have that opinion about the small things like making good decisions on handoffs or when to run with the ball. .

And if you like what you see and think otherwise,....ok....and you can tell me " I told you so"    next fall when he is the starter.    Until then don't be so defensive just because I have different view of what I've seen of him.        

Nah....stop trying to play your little games...you are the one who gets all sensitive and have problems when somebody doesn't agree with you....and if I did the I told you so you'd have problems with that too....

You can say you're not trying to pick but you're saying this guy can't do something based off of NOTHING. You didn't have a problem with ALL of the other QB's you've seen have the same mistakes and you didn't go on a mini tirade saying how they shouldn't even play the QB position....it would be stupid actually to say it off of an interception but to say it off a couple of run options is ridiculous. I've seen you defend QB's for much worse than that....and not even he's not the starter but he can't even play the position......don't even need to see him try. Just because he's athletic. If he was a stiff he'd have all the potential in the world. Can't question Gus, but on this Gus just lied to us. Can't coach. He told us he could run the team last year. Now it's he can't throw the ball downfield or play the position. Which one is it? Do the coaches know or not?

16 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I wish we could judge all players on such a small sample size. Stidham looked horrible the first couple of series he played in his 1st game last year against Georgia Southern. He had 2 turnovers in the 1st quarter. He fumbled and Georgia Southern recovered it and ran it back for their only score. This year Boobie has fumbled multiple times but Gus never pulled him. He still let Boobie keep getting carries. 

I'm not saying Malik should be or will be the starter next year but he hasn't exactly been given a chance to prove he can or can't do it.  Whenever Malik is put in the game the defenses know he's going to either hand it off or run with it. They know he's not going to pass so it's kind of difficult to make a play when defenses are ready for it. And don't come back with well Nick Marshall did it in 2013. First off if you think the 2013 O-line and the 2018 O-line are even comparable then there's no need in discussing the issue further. 

Boobie and Ryan Davis have had as much of a chance to throw as Malik has on those double pass plays we've run. Yet the guy who's listed as the 2nd string QB isn't allowed to throw in games hardly at all even in mop up duty. Why even have a QB depth chart if you're not going to let your 2nd string QB actually have a chance to throw some in mop up duty?

Auburn vs Purdue ------ bwahahahahahahahaha

It doesn't matter who is calling plays or what plays are called. Purdue = nuthin' team and Auburn win = nuthin win and Malzahn play calling = nuthin nuthin nuthin ...

Okay, give me a thousand negative votes. I'm used to it.

On 12/28/2018 at 8:47 PM, AU64 said:

Likely neither of the backups can "throw downfield" without good chance of an INT.

The coaches have watched both QBs for a year in practice and scrimmages and know what they can do....and what they can't do..      Can't see anything to be gained from having either of them throw a couple passes in a game where the team is up 50 points and they are playing with second and third teamers.    They got to play and run the ball and if Willis were a bit more intuitive, he and Shivers could have almost walked down the field....without even trying a pass.   And JG got robbed of a TD at the end.  

Reading this post, it's mind boggling how you're on the pro-Gus side. Because the fact that you think we don't have a QB coming back next year that can throw downfield without a good chance of an INT should be considered a negative on Gus but somehow it's not. 

On 12/28/2018 at 8:20 PM, Sizzle said:

It wasn't just the oline. It was Stidham too. Good QB's help out their oline by stepping up in the pocket and making a play

Agree 100%, however when you see the center being propelled backwards toward you it does take a set to step up into an imaginary pocket.

8 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Reading this post, it's mind boggling how you're on the pro-Gus side. Because the fact that you think we don't have a QB coming back next year that can throw downfield without a good chance of an INT should be considered a negative on Gus but somehow it's not. 

Chip was the QB coach last two years so let's blame him if we need to play the "blame game".  Otherwise it is what it appears to be....and the new QB coach has to solve the problem somehow.  JMO.

12 hours ago, cole256 said:

The one play you were crying about the d end was there at the handoff he literally was going to tackle whoever had the ball. 

Hence why the ZR can't be a core offense anymore. Every once in a while? Sure, but as the core we would be beaten terribly by SEC D's. 

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Hence why the ZR can't be a core offense anymore. Every once in a while? Sure, but as the core we would be beaten terribly by SEC D's. 

Some talk like it's a video game....the play HAS to work it all comes down to if you make one of these two decisions.....the d end was there in front of them when the decision was made.....he was going to make the play, doesn't matter who ended up with the ball. 

A qb needs to change positions because an out of date offense isn't ran to perfection....I guess all the running backs the last 7 years need to be replaced.....when was the last time you saw a wildcat run break for 20 yards or more? Cox must be a horrible full back because if he had just ran the play right EVERYBODY would be using the Cox cat by now! Who even still runs the wildcat??

I don’t know how we got into this argument but I want to say that Matthew 25:29 based on the interpretation that I’ve read in commentaries has nothing to do with screwing up on the job or even meeting your potential at something you love. The fact is failing  is a part of life, even if you give your all, you can still fail. This verse basically speaks about advancing the kingdom. We all have traits and gifts to do so but some of us choose to absolutely do nothing with them. Ultimately, you should always strive to do your best even in the face of discouragement or failure. I don’t think that applies to MW as he is doing his absolute best at the QB position and Student-Athlete. He might not succeed at QB, but that doesn’t mean everything will be taking away from him. This verse applies much more to someone like Jemarcus Russell tbh. The theme is Laziness!

Carry on.

Edit: Better example

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

Chip was the QB coach last two years so let's blame him if we need to play the "blame game".  Otherwise it is what it appears to be....and the new QB coach has to solve the problem somehow.  JMO.

Gus has to sign off on who is the QB coach and who gets the offers. He deserves some blame. 

15 minutes ago, DAG said:

I don’t know how we got into this argument but I want to say that Matthew 25:29 based on the interpretation that I’ve read in commentaries has nothing to do with screwing up on the job or even meeting your potential at something you love. The fact is failing  is a part of life, even if you give your all, you can still fail. This verse basically speaks about advancing the kingdom. We all have traits and gifts to do so but some of us choose to absolutely do nothing with them. Ultimately, you should always strive to do your best even in the face of discouragement or failure. I don’t think that applies to MW as he is doing his absolute best at the QB position and Student-Athlete. He might not succeed at QB, but that doesn’t mean everything will be taking away from him. This verse applies much more to someone like Jemarcus Russell tbh. The theme is Laziness!

Carry on.

Edit: Better example

OK...that's good. thanks

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Gus has to sign off on who is the QB coach and who gets the offers. He deserves some blame. 

True….and probably other coaches too.  Bet anytime a new coach is hired, the other coaches who will have involvement with the new coach will have input and be asked for their view.   So.....coach maybe picked the wrong guy for the job?  or the right guy for the wrong job?    Whichever...he now has made a change.   What I would mostly blame Gus for would be sticking with an ineffective/wrong coach for too long. ..which I think happened with Lashley.  JMO

Archived