Florida Mission of Mercy......Free Dental Work

augolf1716

This is something my wife runs for central Fl. if anyone in central Fl needs dental work it is free to all. Dentures, extractions and cleanings everything is done in a day Edgewater High School they expect to service over 2,000 patients

https://www.floridadental.org/foundation/programs/mission-of-mercy

Florida Mission of Mercy (FLA-MOM) is a large-scale, two-day, professional dental clinic that provides care to any patient at no cost to them, with the goal of serving the under-served and uninsured in Florida — those who would otherwise go without care.

Thanks to you, the 2018 Fort Myers #FLAMOM treated 1,906 patients and provided more than $1.75 million in donated care!

The next FLA-MOM event will be held March 22-23, 2019 in Orlando. With a goal of treating 2,000 patients, FLA-MOM seeks to have a positive impact on Central Florida by relieving pain and infection, restoring dignity and creating smiles.

• 1 month later...

As patients, we often rage at the high cost of health insurance and the complete scam of dental insurance. But I never criticize the dedication and caring of health professionals who contribute their time and expertise and resources to care for those who cannot afford it otherwise. Kudos to your wife, Golf! If there is such a thing as karma, may it shower down on her.

55 minutes ago, AURex said:

As patients, we often rage at the high cost of health insurance and the complete scam of dental insurance. But I never criticize the dedication and caring of health professionals who contribute their time and expertise and resources to care for those who cannot afford it otherwise. Kudos to your wife, Golf! If there is such a thing as karma, may it shower down on her.

You just made her cry tears of joy and me as well

Another bump...............date is getting closer. All free no questions asked. Kids included.........................you can even be from out of state

The next FLA-MOM event will be held March 22-23, 2019 in Orlando. 

Well the first day is over for the wife she had over 22,000 steps today and saw over a 1,000 patients. They estimate they did over a 1.2 million dollars worth of free dental work. People were so appreciative and humble some were even crying

Reminder Saturday they expect even more people to show up. They will stay until they see everyone if you need work please come no questions asked............

ITS FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is majorly impressive golf!!  Thanks for sharing.  Kudo's to your wife! 

So is she a dentist, dental hygienist or administrator? 

I had a dentist who did missionary work in Latin America. He once told me about doing oral surgery by a Coleman lantern.  Said he'd never done that before.  All his patients really loved and respected him. Unfortunately he died or stomach cancer just after retiring.

I am sure it's common for people with scant financial resources to postpone or neglect dental work, but it's such a critical part of overall health.

God bless your wife for doing this. But I am sure she finds it very gratifying.  Doing such work is sort of like "blessing" yourself. ;)

On 3/22/2019 at 8:02 PM, augolf1716 said:

Well the first day is over for the wife she had over 22,000 steps today and saw over a 1,000 patients. They estimate they did over a 1.2 million dollars worth of free dental work. People were so appreciative and humble some were even crying

Reminder Saturday they expect even more people to show up. They will stay until they see everyone if you need work please come no questions asked............

ITS FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those are amazing statistics.  1,000 patients?  In one day?  Wow!

Please let us know if/when this hits the news outlets.  It's a great story.

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

Those are amazing statistics.  1,000 patients?  In one day?  Wow!

Please let us know if/when this hits the news outlets.  It's a great story.

Here's a little video of the event around the one minute mark are some of the people lined up at 4:30am. They ended up seeing over 2200 patients and doing around 2 million dollars in free dental work. My wife is Executive Director Dental Society of Greater Orlando with 600 dentist part of the association.

Thanks for the kind words and yes it was very very rewarding but it like to have killed her being on her feet for over 12 hours. But she has me so that makes it better...........:)

17 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Here's a little video of the event around the one minute mark are some of the people lined up at 4:30am. They ended up seeing over 2200 patients and doing around 2 million dollars in free dental work. My wife is Executive Director Dental Society of Greater Orlando with 600 dentist part of the association.

Thanks for the kind words and yes it was very very rewarding but it like to have killed her being on her feet for over 12 hours. But she has me so that makes it better...........:)

That video was amazing. It's hard for me to wrap my mind around doing this on that scale. 

I was trying to get a look at the type of portable equipment they were using by pausing it and enlarging it to full screen, but other than the lights I couldn't really tell.  How did they power the drills?  Such equipment must be very expensive.

I have a recommendation for you wife:  Other than the obvious, like comfortable shoes, she needs to invest in a pair of Spenco innersoles. They are pricey but well worth it.

https://spenco.implus.com/Product/spenco-total-support-original-arch-support-insoles?gclid=Cj0KCQjwhPfkBRD0ARIsAAcYycHWcqq740kwLLC5ipe9gCSp8BY2WZNKMLa7hKYF29sj-UIZWiGanckaAhVcEALw_wcB

Archived