Chuma Okeke draft discussion

chuma is the #1 steal in the draft. Thankfully I / we get rewarded for  fanboydom. let’s graduate from this flash in the pan bullcrap. Let’s go!

https://www.sbnation.com/2019/6/20/18678138/nba-draft-sleepers-2019-grant-williams-chuma-okeke

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very proud of Chuma!  I never thought he would be drafted that high, no wonder he decided to stay in the draft.  He must have received some inside knowledge on the situation.

So happy for Chuma, but dammit, so many mocks had him to the Hawks and instead they got... the Virginia kid. SMDH.

One day, the Hawks or the Falcons will have an Auburn star on roster. Until then, thank god for my sweet, sweet Atlanta United.

Congrats to chuma!! Orlando wasn’t the spot I was hoping for but hey you can make a name for yourselves anywhere. This is going to do so much for our program. Sec championship tourney AND regular season check, Final four check, first round draft pick  check. Now all these top players can see for themselves you can accomplish all your b-ball goals right here in auburn. 

12 hours ago, DAG said:

I want to officially nominate @cole256 for basketball MOD. He foresaw this much quicker than everyone including myself. I hate that he is with Orlando though lol.

I am the one Magic fan on the blog...............I use to like you Dag..........................:hammerin:

Just now, augolf1716 said:

I am the one Magic fan on the blog...............I use to like you Dag..........................:hammerin:

Magic fan?! You poor, poor guy haha.

11 hours ago, cole256 said:

This year while chumma is sitting Isaac is going to write his own gate. He better figure it out. Only person I like off the top of my head is Evan what's his face...he's actually good. Everybody else trash

Evan Fournier is who you are thinking of........... also Vucevic a good player imo Magic have to decide if they are going to resign him or not.

I've been a Magic fan since 1992 so so happy to get Chumma

This year while chumma is sitting Isaac is going to write his own gate. He better figure it out. Only person I like off the top of my head is Evan what's his face...he's actually good. Everybody else trash

They really need a 2 guard and let Fournier run the point. Just wish Gordon or chumma could handle the ball a little more

Agree it's time for Isaac to start showing he's put it together. Crazy potential with his length and size. Him and Chuma would be a terror on D. Fournier is solid to me but makes $17M/year which I guess they can afford right now. I now must proceed to fight all Markelle Fultz slander LOL. Kid forgot how to shoot but was filthy in college hopefully he finds his way in a new environment with less pressure. I like Mo Bamba at 5 for the future even if Vucevic leaves in free agency. Magic is locked in on Gordon for a while so he's likely not going anywhere.

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

Magic fan?! You poor, poor guy haha.

Not all bad was here for  Shaquille O'NealPenny HardawayGrant HillTracy McGradySteve FrancisDwight HowardVince CarterRashard Lewis, but yeah the last 10 have sucked but now at least I got Chumma

4 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Not all bad was here for  Shaquille O'NealPenny HardawayGrant HillTracy McGradySteve FrancisDwight HowardVince CarterRashard Lewis, but yeah the last 10 have sucked but now at least I got Chumma

Getting good Dwight Howard, now that's some serious luck. 

6 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Agree it's time for Isaac to start showing he's put it together. Crazy potential with his length and size. Him and Chuma would be a terror on D. Fournier is solid to me but makes $17M/year which I guess they can afford right now. I now must proceed to fight all Markelle Fultz slander LOL. Kid forgot how to shoot but was filthy in college hopefully he finds his way in a new environment with less pressure. I like Mo Bamba at 5 for the future even if Vucevic leaves in free agency. Magic is locked in on Gordon for a while so he's likely not going anywhere.

Agree with everything except Mo. Not saying it want happen with Mo but he's got to stay healthy

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Getting good Dwight Howard, now that's some serious luck. 

DH was so good to be around when he was here but he became a PITA

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

DH was so good to be around when he was here but he became a PITA

It's always seemed that way. Like he really was that awesome person and player. But then he started thinking that about himself a little too much, too. Of course I don't really know anything but it just seemed that way. 

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Agree with everything except Mo. Not saying it want happen with Mo but he's got to stay healthy

Good point. I may be enamored with his measurables and potential more than anything. I'm hoping he can be a Rudy Gobert who can step out and hit a 3. The defensive potential on this team is through the roof I think. Especially with Clifford. I'm hoping Fultz can at least show the defensive promise he once showed.

Also you left out Hedo Turkoglu in your list of Magic greats!!!! 6'10 ball handler that could shoot and was great at setting guys up and seeing the floor

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

Good point. I may be enamored with his measurables and potential more than anything. I'm hoping he can be a Rudy Gobert who can step out and hit a 3. The defensive potential on this team is through the roof I think. Especially with Clifford. I'm hoping Fultz can at least show the defensive promise he once showed.

Also you left out Hedo Turkoglu in your list of Magic greats!!!! 6'10 ball handler that could shoot and was great at setting guys up and seeing the floor

Definitely on Hedo just couldn't spell his last name and was to lazy to goggle it. Also could have put Nick Anderson and Dennis Scott

4 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Definitely on Hedo just couldn't spell his last name and was to lazy to goggle it. Also could have put Nick Anderson and Dennis Scott

It's a shame nobody remembers Nick Anderson for being a damn good SG but rather the guy who blew the FTs in the Finals

7 minutes ago, Tiger said:

It's a shame nobody remembers Nick Anderson for being a damn good SG but rather the guy who blew the FTs in the Finals

Yes it is plus he is a good around person

11 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Not hate at all!!! I just want my guy to EL TIGRE to start getting some recognition for his basketball acumen around here! He is one of the rare AU fans who is more passionate about AU bball than AU fball. He knows his stuff. Everyone talks about other peoples basketball knowledge and not his. SO I was just making sure he does not get lost in the shuffle. 

I appreciate it bro but I don't mind being in the shadows over here. I'm just in it to discuss Tiger sports with the AU Fam and some good gif action! And also to run with my wolfpack 🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺  

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I appreciate it bro but I don't mind being in the shadows over here. I'm just in it to discuss Tiger sports with the AU Fam and some good gif action! And also to run with my wolfpack 🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺  

Image result for wolf gif

9 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Harper just signed with the Suns to play with their summer league team

Love it! He is going to kill it and turn a lot of heads. Cannot wait for summer league. Almost all of his games will be televised along with Bryce on NBA TV.

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Welcome to the shadows. 

Archived