Chuma Okeke draft discussion

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Fam I am going to need you to become a big NBA fan. All you need is that 1 player to be invested in and WOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHHHH you are off brodie!!!! No turning back and you are a bonafide superfan. Greek Freak would def be THAT DUDE for ya. Dude is going to end up being the best player in the league for several years. LETS GOOOOOO!!!!

I have watched every nba game this weekend lol

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Fam I am going to need you to become a big NBA fan. All you need is that 1 player to be invested in and WOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHHHH you are off brodie!!!! No turning back and you are a bonafide superfan. Greek Freak would def be THAT DUDE for ya. Dude is going to end up being the best player in the league for several years. LETS GOOOOOO!!!!

I  have always like giannis too. Man I remember when the 🐐 Brandon Jennings was playing for the bucks. Man I feel old

5 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I have watched every nba game this weekend lol

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ❤️ WOOOO!!!!!!!! Best freaking news of the month!!! HELL YAH!!!!

vince.gif

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ❤️ WOOOO!!!!!!!! Best freaking news of the month!!! HELL YAH!!!!

vince.gif

I’ve always watched the conference finals and the finals every year that I can remember but this is the first time I think I’ve actually watched most of the 1st round.

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

I  have always like giannis too. Man I remember when the 🐐 Brandon Jennings was playing for the bucks. Man I feel old

hahahaha I remember his rookie year when he dropped 55 as a rookie!!! I am right there with you on those memories. He was a lot of fun. THE PRIDE OF OAK HILL

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

I’ve always watched the conference finals and the finals every year that I can remember but this is the first time I think I’ve actually watched most of the 1st round.

#GREEKFREAKEFFECT

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

hahahaha I remember his rookie year when he dropped 55 as a rookie!!! I am right there with you on those memories. He was a lot of fun. THE PRIDE OF OAK HILL

I remember him coming out, he was gonna be the next GREAT ONE.

• 4 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, tigerfangs said:

What exactly does it mean. I honestly have no clue about basketball draft etc. does he have a way back or definitely not

He signed with an agent. He is not coming back. 

Now at least the coaches know what will and won't be happening. No fans will be sitting around wondering if or when Chuma will play for AU next season.

1 hour ago, fishepa said:

He signed with an agent. He is not coming back. 

It’s kinda confusing. I don’t think it disqualifies him but I don’t think he’s coming back anyway 

Go get that money, young man!!! He was instrumental in turning Auburn's program around I hope we see him become a star over the next decade and a half

Will be fun to actually have a reason to watch the nba draft for the first time in almost two decades. Hopefully this continues and Bruce churns our draft picks every year

17 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Will be fun to actually have a reason to watch the nba draft for the first time in almost two decades. Hopefully this continues and Bruce churns our draft picks every year

Silver lining to losing our guys to the draft.  A new reality we need to get used to if we are to becoming elite.  And a great recruiting pitch as well that will only pour gas on the recruiting flame we have already got.  Go get em' Chuma!

58 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Silver lining to losing our guys to the draft.  A new reality we need to get used to if we are to becoming elite.  And a great recruiting pitch as well

Don't post that in the FB forum :laugh:

Huge silver lining. This is what you want. Hopefully we can find a happy place between one-and-done factory and scrappy effort guy school. 

The only sad thing, is we never got to see a full year of Okeke, like he performed down the stretch in the SECT and the NCAAs.

But a good guy, very good player, and looking forward to hopefully finally following an AU player in the NBA.

With all of Boston's picks, they could take a flyer on Chuma. I don't think he'd be a good fit there.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

With all of Boston's picks, they could take a flyer on Chuma. I don't think he'd be a good fit there.

Brad Stevens would be a great coach for Chuma to play for IMO. However, there is not much room for him there with Hayward, Tatum, and Brown each good enough to play 30 mpg. They already need to get rid of one. I think their roster will look totally different next year as they try to make a play for Anthony Davis

I think chuma could play with most anyone. I just hope he gets healthy and don’t push that injury to any limit. I thought he should wait till next year. But if he gets first round money while he’s rehabbing.....he’s gotta take it. 

Archived