Baseball vs Ole Miss Game 3

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have to be an SEC leader in swings and misses on fastballs down the middle of the plate. 

Williams just drove one into the canyon that will be a home run to any other part of the ballpark at any other time today. Wind completely died down for a Sec, Williams put a charge into it, and it went to the deepest part of the park. I swear we can’t catch a break.

3-3 T7 

I just got done typing that and Jack Owen strikes out the third out of the inning. Man I missed that guy.

3-3 B7

Time for our guys to come up with a clutch hit or two.

Owen walks the first batter on two strike 3’s that were called balls and his day is done. Excellent job by Owen. 

Here comes the bull.

4-3 AU T8

Ole Miss with a RO1 and no outs 

AGAIN a deep fly ball by Auburn off the bat of Judd Ward but the wind completely stops right before the at bat and it comes up just a foot short of the wall. 

Howell pops out. Two down quickly here in B8. Julien at bat

Well that's what happens when a pitcher gets behind  3-0...….hitter's pitch... 

Well Greenhill works through the last three but some big contact going on there. 

If there was a time Auburn needed clutch at bats, it is right dern now. Win this darn game offense.

4-4 B9

2 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Home run Ole Miss. 

4-4.

I think we’re cursed. 

maybe ..but mostly pitchers just can't get behind like that.  good move by the OM coach to give the hitter a "swing " sign on a 3 ball count.....got a fat one to hit..  

Ole Miss is now in Conor Davis’ head. He’s struck out on the same pitch twice now. High and outside heat. Hope that’s just today for Conor after starting out so hot. 

Williams tries to end the ballgame and pops out to first. This team goes anemic when they don’t have momentum. 

Williams letting his offensive frustrations affect how he plays the game...doesnt even leave the box on a weak pop-out to first and Butch lets him hear about it

Well, we had 4-5-6 due up and they go down pretty uncompetitively. We have been disappointing at the plate this season. Julien seems to be the only vet that can come up with a clutch hit. 

I don’t know how this team is going to get going if their veterans remain unable to perform in the clutch. 

Hopefully they start the upward trend in this inning. 

One quickly down for the Rebs in the 10th. 

Archived