Malzahn reacts to analyst Michael Lombardi

aubiefifty

19 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Gus, in his 6th year at Auburn, was bested by two first-year coaches in Jimbo Fisher and Matt Luke, as well as Ed Orgeron.

What planet are you living on? 

forget_it_he_s_rolling-DMID1-5hiej78ui-2

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I fully agree with everything you said, but i think you mean Pruitt... and Moorhead

Nope. I was talking about total offense since the thread is about Gus's response to Lombardi's comments about his offense. Texas A&M and Ole Miss finished ahead of us. 

But yes, Mississippi State and Tennessee also beat us when we played them this past year, and our offensive performance against Mississippi State in particular certainly doesn't hurt Lombardi's case.

Man. 

23 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Nope. I was talking about total offense since the thread is about Gus's response to Lombardi's comments about his offense. Texas A&M and Ole Miss finished ahead of us

Ole Miss didn’t even finish ahead of us in total offense and we beat them by 15. In no way did Luke best Gus that day. 

As for A&M, they clearly had more yards but they had 3 turnovers to our 0 turnovers. Gus bested Jimbo that game, too.

Start doing gifs bro. Your bias is showing.

Further insult to injury. We were actually 78th last year in yards per game. 

-Alabama and Ole Miss were top 10
-Alabama, Ole Miss and TAMU were top 15
-Alabama, Ole Miss, TAMU and uga were top 20
-Arkansas, Tennessee- who had nobody drafted and who beat us- and Kentucky were the only SEC teams to finish below us

Year 6.

Lombardi might be a doofus but broken clocks are right twice a day and all that. 

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Year 6

You act like there hasn’t been an upward progression in offense since he was hired. Just the year before “Year 6” he led the SEC in scoring. 

As for Ole Miss and Jimbo’s offense’s, I’m sure you’re a fan of Kirk Cousins and his huge amount of empty stats( Sir Charles calls them empty calories.) Ole Miss went 5-7 last year despite having the 39th ranked SOS (ours was 7th) and their offense proved to be ineffective against defenses such as ours, Mississippi State, and others. 

Jimbo’s offense has mostly been good, he inherited a lot of talent, and he’s a better coach than Gus. Those numbers aren’t surprising. I’ve said that A&M is a dark horse while others were crowing about the “stupid contract.”

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

broken clocks are right twice a day and all that. 

And I respect our round-about conversations so I always try to compliment you er...the broken clock when it’s right. 

On 5/9/2019 at 9:45 AM, aubiefifty said:

why sure you can. i am in several peoples black book around here.

Hey aubiefifty!  I appreciate all of the information that you bring to the board! Keep it coming my friend!

WDE!!   DoC

Archived