10 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Gosh, I can tell y'all are bored! Weird thread of conversation, here.Β πŸ˜‚

Nuh uh u are

πŸ˜‚

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, toddc said:

Yeah, the sport of choice in the summer is arguing over what happened the last six years and what’s gonna happen in 3 months! 😝 

The beautiful thing about that is that we will all be united in being completely wrong with our predictions.

:grouphug:

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

The beautiful thing about that is that we will all be united in being completely wrong with our predictions.

:grouphug:

No doubt. I'm not letting my multi decadal string of horrendously erroneous prognostications for college sports come to end this season. I'm on a freakin' roll!Β Β :punk:

18 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

No doubt. I'm not letting my multi decadal string of horrendously erroneous prognostications for college sports come to end this season. I'm on a freakin' roll!Β Β :punk:

HEY HEY NOW!!!!! SIR!!!!! SIR!!!! I would like you to know I HAVE THE TITLE FOR BEING THE MOST WRONG POSTER ON THIS BOARD!!!!!! GET OFF MY LAWN!!!! I will not go down without a fight when it comes to giving up my title!!!!! lol. THIS SEASON I PLAN TO CONTINUE BEING WRONG MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE AGAIN!!! hahahahaΒ 

Β 

east.gif

clint.gif

ce.gif

21 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Β 

Would be a fun experiment to create a sunshine-only forum and let a couple of these folks moderate it. I'm sure there would be a lot of illuminating, informative and accurate discourse about our football program in there.Β 

Β 

giphy.gif

22 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Β 

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

HEY HEY NOW!!!!! SIR!!!!! SIR!!!! I would like you to know I HAVE THE TITLE FOR BEING THE MOST WRONG POSTER ON THIS BOARD!!!!!! GET OFF MY LAWN!!!! I will not go down without a fight when it comes to giving up my title!!!!! lol. THIS SEASON I PLAN TO CONTINUE BEING WRONG MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE AGAIN!!! hahahaha

Β 

Just now, gr82be said:

Β 

giphy.gif

I am so pissed off about my reaction limit rn.

Image result for applause gif

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Β 

Β 

I am so pissed off about my reaction limit rn.

Image result for applause gif

Β 

dj.gif

e.gif

dw.gif

rock.gif

18 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

HEY HEY NOW!!!!! SIR!!!!! SIR!!!! I would like you to know I HAVE THE TITLE FOR BEING THE MOST WRONG POSTER ON THIS BOARD!!!!!! GET OFF MY LAWN!!!! I will not go down without a fight when it comes to giving up my title!!!!! lol. THIS SEASON I PLAN TO CONTINUE BEING WRONG MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE AGAIN!!! hahahahaΒ 

Β 

east.gif

clint.gif

ce.gif

Β 

giphy (3).gif

giphy (1).gif

giphy (4).gif

giphy (2).gif

giphy (5).gif

giphy (7).gif

7 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Β 

giphy (3).gif

giphy (1).gif

giphy (4).gif

giphy (2).gif

giphy (5).gif

giphy (7).gif

Β 

sg.gif

rp.gif

Β 

This gif off is getting oooold!

6 minutes ago, toddc said:

You're right. Let's get back to Gus's reaction to Lombardi's comments:

β€œWell, I’d say this,” Malzhan said. β€œI’ve been in the league for 10 years, and we’ve been pretty successful offensively.”

How we finished in total offense the last 4 years:

2015- 74th. Every other team in the SEC West finished above us.Β 
2016- 49th. 4th in the SEC West.
2017- 25th. 2nd in the SEC West. Below uga. Still, a pretty good year, despite putting up 117 total yards against Clemson and whatever you want to describeΒ the 2nd half of the LSU game as.Β 
2018- 48th. 5th in the SEC West. Below uga. Gus, in his 6th year at Auburn, was bested by two first-year coaches in Jimbo Fisher and Matt Luke, as well as Ed Orgeron.

β€œYou know, last year was a tough year," Malzahn said. "We were very inexperienced. We had some growing pains. I feel really good about our offense moving forward, and real excited moving forward.”

We were very inexperienced and having growing pains in year 6 of Gus's tenure.Β 

I am responding to Gus's comments with facts. I hope that doesn't upset anybody.Β 

Β 

Β 

36 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

2017- 25th. 2nd in the SEC West. Below uga. Still, a pretty good year, despite putting up 117 total yards against Clemson and whatever you want to describeΒ the 2nd half of the LSU game as.Β 
2018- 48th. 5th in the SEC West. Below uga. Gus, in his 6th year at Auburn, was bested by two first-year coaches in Jimbo Fisher and Matt Luke, as well as Ed Orgeron.

I am responding to Gus's comments with facts. I hope that doesn't upset anybody.Β 

Β 

Β 

It's almost as if DCs have adapted to his offense, coinciding with some of the leanest years on the OL since Terry Bowden was around.

Also, I'm not sure I'd use Ed Orgeron as an example of a coach we shouldn't be beaten by.Β  He's near the top of my SEC HC list and is gonna build a monster at LSU.Β  Matt Luke though, yeah probably one of the worst teams in the conference top to bottom last season.

Missing out on Jimbo 3 times is so depressing.

2 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

It's almost as if DCs have adapted to his offense coinciding with some of the leanest years on the OL since Terry Bowden was around.

I still think that even though our fans hope that the Old Gus' and his offense shows up, I remember that after the first year he was HC here, we struggled in our offense as rules changed and DCs within the SEC found ways to handle his offense.

So, while I hope that Gus' offense this year puts us back near the top of the SEC offenses, I am concerned it may not matter if he has not modified his offense to those teams that learned to handle it in 2014, 15,16.

10 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

It's almost as if DCs have adapted to his offense, coinciding with some of the leanest years on the OL since Terry Bowden was around.

Β 

5 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I still think that even though our fans hope that the Old Gus' and his offense shows up, I remember that after the first year he was HC here, we struggled in our offense as rules changed and DCs within the SEC found ways to handle his offense.

So, while I hope that Gus' offense this year puts us back near the top of the SEC offenses, I am concerned it may not matter if he has not modified his offense to those teams that learned to handle it in 2014, 15,16.

The brutal part of it is we saw it all right there in the Washington game and Gus just totally retreated from it back into his shell.

Watch our offense vs Washington's defense and then our offense vs Mississippi State. Absolutely mind numbing.Β 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Β 

The brutal part of it is we saw it all right there in the Washington game and Gus just totally retreated from it back into his shell.

Watch our offense vs Washington's defense and then our offense vs Mississippi State. Absolutely mind numbing.Β 

State had a much better defense than Washington but the play calling and lack of half-time adjustments were mind numbing.Β Β  It's a real kick in the nuts when you see someone like Chad Morris adapting Gus's offense with an actual passing game just knowing that if Gus hired a real OC we could've probably done the same.

10 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

State had a much better defense than Washington but the play calling and lack of half-time adjustments were mind numbing.Β Β  It's a real kick in the nuts when you see someone like Chad Morris adapting Gus's offense with an actual passing game just knowing that if Gus hired a real OC we could've probably done the same.

Honestly, I think Chip would have lit it up had he been allowed to. Instead, he was given the Restaurant Week menu to choose from.Β 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Β 

Β 

This is good information . Only thing I would add is his whole tenure at Auburn. He has had some very highs and very lows here. Still , he has taken us to a NC and was instrumental in us winning one. That can’t be denied nor can the fact that we have had the most bizarre play calling ever. I don’t know if he will succeed or not.

I will say I hope he does because it would be in the best interest of Auburn to have a coach who has proven they can get to the next level , but to become consistent. Coaching searches aren’t an exact art. I will also say that IMO I do think there are coaches who could win with the talent we have now. The only issue is these guys aren’t proven so we will be back to square one. That is a whole different discussion thoughΒ 

2 hours ago, toddc said:

You (and others) complain and say we ( I guess the Wolfpack. OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW lol) are being too negative and that every thread turns in to the same exact bash Gus thread and then when we completely change it up and make it fun, light hearted and positive just messing around having a good ol time YOU COMPLAIN STILL!!!!!!!!!! SO WHAT IS IT?!?!? MAKE UP YOUR MIND TODD!!!!!!!!!!! lol. You cannot have it both ways.Β 

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

You (and others) complain and say we ( I guess the Wolfpack. OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW lol) are being too negative and that every thread turns in to the same exact bash Gus thread and then when we completely change it up and make it fun, light hearted and positive just messing around having a good ol time YOU COMPLAIN STILL!!!!!!!!!! SO WHAT IS IT?!?!? MAKE UP YOUR MIND TODD!!!!!!!!!!! lol. You cannot have it both ways.Β 

I think we're supposed to just say "Gus is awesome" back and forth.

Sneak preview of the It's Always Sunny in Gusadelphia forum:

Image result for pong gif

Β 

Just now, McLoofus said:

I think we're supposed to just say "Gus is awesome" back and forth.

Sneak preview of the It's Always Sunny in Gusadelphia forum:

Image result for pong gif

Β 

OUT OF REACTIONS but we have a winner!!!! As usual Loof you have really out done yourself here!!!!! lol

Β 

ar.gif

17 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

The irony is this same poster threw out a scripture about being lukewarm.

Β 

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

The irony is this same poster throughout a scripture about being lukewarm.Β 

And the choir says AMEN!!!!! lol

jc.gif

On 5/11/2019 at 11:28 AM, tbone4jc said:

I think CGMΒ is too emotionally attracted to how he was given a chance as a high school coach and wants to help others come up the same way. The was his downfall with Lashlee and the provious OC. I think Dilly is a good choice this go round. New season, new hopes! War Eagle

Yeah Dilly is different from Lashlee and Lindsey. They both coached at the varsity high school level. Dilly coached JV before moving to the college ranks a few years ago. So it doesnt make much sense to knock those two for being high school coaches... When Dilly worked running a youth JV team before he moved up. So if anything its almost like its a step back from those guys, but whatever i guess.

On 5/11/2019 at 10:33 PM, GwillMac6 said:

HECK YES REFUGE!!!! A all time classic! You def gave me a excuse to watch it again soon! lol HEY YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUYS!!!!!!!!!!

When i lived in oregon i went to astoria a few times. Saw the goonie house and the police station from the movie. Love that movie. I cant believe its not been remade...

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Β 

Β 

i fully agree with everything you said, but i think you mean Pruitt... and Moorhead

Archived